Pre-Game Titans v Manly [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 56
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Jun 2021 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think he will be happy to play second-fiddle to Schu if Foran is not extended? I have no idea if he thinks he can get a staring spot anywhere else but I doubt he could.

I think we extended Cust last year out of desperation, then we signed Foran, Schu has transitioned to FG very well and the cards really have changed for us and Cust.

Maybe Cust is smart, and happy to be playing footy for a living and will hang on at MWSE as long as possible.

I would be very surprised if our R&R department are not advanced in searching for both a DCE replacement and a cover for Schu and will string Cust along for as long as they can if he is cheap.
Depth has been a problem for Manly for awhile I like cust hope he stays ,schu has been very impressive at backrow so do we keep him there which I like,Depends how Foz goes the remainder of the year with injuries if they extend for a year then schu is in the backrow.Dont know what sort of deal cust is on and if he can can get a better one at another club , alot of halves on the market at the moment with reduced values so I would think no

The Titans have some decent forwards and it's obvious that left edge with Fifita MUST be kept quiet (as possible)....
I think it's a game where Manly can prepare for the top 4 sides against a competitive opposition and get the simple things right - Field position, kick and chase, good defensive shape and earn the right to put points 20 mins into each half after winning the tempo.
Would be highly surprised if the Titans don't come out dirty after we blew them off the park 1st half last meeting and even more so after letting Roosters blow out a score last week (regardless of the fightback, cost them in the end).
I expect a competitive game with the usual suspects at Manly deciding the result, the fact Proctor is out is a bonus...not sure about Brimson who could yet get called up ?

The Titans have some decent forwards and it's obvious that left edge with Fifita MUST be kept quiet (as possible)....
I think it's a game where Manly can prepare for the top 4 sides against a competitive opposition and get the simple things right - Field position, kick and chase, good defensive shape and earn the right to put points 20 mins into each half after winning the tempo.
Would be highly surprised if the Titans don't come out dirty after we blew them off the park 1st half last meeting and even more so after letting Roosters blow out a score last week (regardless of the fightback, cost them in the end).
I expect a competitive game with the usual suspects at Manly deciding the result, the fact Proctor is out is a bonus...not sure about Brimson who could yet get called up ?
Unlikely brimson will play. These guys are ordinary. Only got close to Easts due to roosters player being binned and getting on a roll. Easts were up by like 30. We play the way we know how and we should roll these guys.

The Titans are imo the most cynical team in the NRL. Always trying to milk penalties in tackles. Were still doing it in the Manly game in the last 10 minutes even when getting flogged. I expect they will bring the same tactics on Sunday and will have also studied the knights win over Manly for extra tips.
Tino is on notice and won't dare to 'stage' another injury. His reputation has already suffered, along with Hetherington.
Let's hope the players realise 'staging' is counter-productive in the long run.

I love how they suspend 50% of the fine hoping for better behaviour, maybe they should hit them with the full fine and then fine them the same or greater if they transgress in the next 12 months.

That might get their attention.

Its a cliche but thisbis a DANGER game. Having screwed them in Mudgee i feel Holbrook will have them right up for this one.
Fafita has been quiet of late but is only ever 1 game away from top shelf.
We need to win this not turn up and hope the Tits play ****e.

The Titans are imo the most cynical team in the NRL. Always trying to milk penalties in tackles. Were still doing it in the Manly game in the last 10 minutes even when getting flogged. I expect they will bring the same tactics on Sunday and will have also studied the knights win over Manly for extra tips.
Agree. Peachey is the worst. How that guy can look himself in the mirror and call himself a footy player is a disgrace.

Barring injury, I suspect Sirro is going to have trouble getting any closer to the top side than on the bench, if that. Too many ahead of him now unless we suffer a serious injury barrage
Won't replace Shoe or Guac. Lawton and Keppie are better options on the bench because of versatility. I think Siro is our best option to shop around to free up $, followed closely by Suli. Both are depth and can be replaced for 33% of their salaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7