Pre-Game Titans v Manly [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 56
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Jun 2021 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate the place. Never recovered from that 2009 ending.

75 min: FIELD GOAL Manly Sea Eagles Matt Orford stands deep and sets it perfectly... Manly are up by one! Manly Sea Eagles 17-16

77 min: Lyon knocks on for Manly with a try certain to be scored. ROGERS IS AWAY! He's dragged down short of halfway though. The Titans with a last roll of the dice now.

78 min: PENALTY Titans - ten metres out, right in front. Preston Campbell grubbers for the line, soccers it along the ground, Campbell's been tripped on the way to the ball according to the referee. Orford's blowing up. Controversy at Skilled Park, the Titans will win through a penalty goal in very dubious circumstances.

79 min: PENALTY GOAL Gold Coast Titans Prince converts the penalty and gives the Titans what should be certain victory. Gold Coast Titans 18-17

80 min: The Titans with the ball wind down the clock. Game, set, match.

FULLTIME: Gold Coast Titans 18 Manly Sea Eagles 17 This will be talked about for weeks to come, the Gold Coast edging Manly out near fulltime with a controversial penalty awarded in favour of Preston Campbell as he toed the ball ahead in the final two minutes. Outside that - a fantastic game where one might even say the better team lost.

cbe1367afaa85cb7c2297361609c2ca5

Was a dud call for sure.

Was it this game where the phrase "being Checcined" was coined?

Was a dud call for sure.

Was it this game where the phrase "being Checcined" was coined?
It could have been although that wasn't the first game that he screwed us over.

The first time was a game over in NZ against the Warriors on 1 June 2001. We were the Northern Eagles at the time and Steve Clark was the Referee however, he pulled a hammy in the first half and he was unable to continue to ref the game and was replaced at halftime with Cecchin.

At halftime, the score was 24 to 12 and up until then, we were on a roll with the Warriors going nowhere fast. That quickly came to an end when Cecchin reffed the second half and caned us with penalty after penalty. We ended up losing 34 to 30 after a controversial call from Cecchin which gave the Warriors a last-gasp win.

Jason Death had scrambled out from dummy-half to push at the line the Eagles believed he fell short.

Cecchin said he saw the ball on the line, but was not clear how it got there, so asked video ref Mick Stone to check.

Stone reviewed the play from all available angles then sent it back for Cecchin to decide.

"There was no double-movement but I couldn't tell if the ball hit the line. Of course, it only has to touch the line and it's a try," Stone said. "I asked Matt if he had an opinion and he said he did."

We lost because of that dud call (our first Cecchin).

The first time was a game over in NZ against the Warriors on 1 June 2001. We were the Northern Eagles at the time and Steve Clark was the Referee however, he pulled a hammy in the first half and he was unable to continue to ref the game and was replaced at halftime with Cecchin.

At halftime, the score was 24 to 12 and up until then, we were on a roll with the Warriors going nowhere fast. That quickly came to an end when Cecchin reffed the second half and caned us with penalty after penalty. We ended up losing 34 to 30 after a controversial call from Cecchin which gave the Warriors a last-gasp win.

Jason Death had scrambled out from dummy-half to push at the line the Eagles believed he fell short.

Cecchin said he saw the ball on the line, but was not clear how it got there, so asked video ref Mick Stone to check.

Stone reviewed the play from all available angles then sent it back for Cecchin to decide.

"There was no double-movement but I couldn't tell if the ball hit the line. Of course, it only has to touch the line and it's a try," Stone said. "I asked Matt if he had an opinion and he said he did."

I remember that bs call by Checchin when the refs call went to the Warriors, he was well short and it cost us the game, I still fume whenever I think it 🤬🤬🤬

Does Turbo's hammies get constantly massaged on these flights back and forth from Sydney to Queenland? Racking up a fair bit of air time.

I watched that game at the rugby league week office, with league journos. I was so angry.

Should be perfect good conditions up there so I'm looking forward to another edition of the Turbo-Saab show, and few more lightning bursts from that new guy with the beard. Should make for enjoyable viewing.
Hopefully Garrick has a big game to reward the club for re-signing him for 2 more years.
He’s been in great form since round 4-5. Should of put him on 12 month only contracts ; )

Turbo & Keppie in - Suli & De Luis out

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jason Saab
3 Brad Parker
4 Morgan Harper
5 Reuben Garrick
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Taniela Paseka
9 Lachlan Croker
10 Martin Taupau
11 Haumole Olakau'atu
12 Karl Lawton
13Jake Trbojevic
14 Dylan Walker
15 Ben Trbojevic
16 Sean Keppie
17 Toafofoa Sipley

18 Moses Suli
19 Tevita Funa
20 Christian Tuipulotu
21 Kurt De Luis

Hopefully, this is will be a real taste of Triple T (Burbo on field for substantial time & combining with his brothers)

Edit: Though we still have many injured players out, our team is close to full strength - the only possible additions to this 17 would be Schuster, Aloiai & Fainu (IMO)

Last edited:
What's going on with Schuster.
How does a light calf strain end up being 4 plus weeks out.
Hed wanna be back soon, as much as everyone rates him, if olakauatu and Lawton keep showing up the way they have it will be hard to drop either for him to walk back into a starting job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8