Pre-Game Titans v Manly [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 56
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Jun 2021 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a good feeling we will flog the Titans on Sunday. They would’ve been shattered and rooted losing to the Rorters. Bowl head Proctors out. I think Tommy will want to prove the doubters (me included) that he wasn’t holding back against the Knights. And Burbo is impressing each game he has had. Team spirit has been evident lately. And there’s real competition for spots now we’re getting players back. 40-12 for me.

40-12 is a close game these days.

I feel that we could use another big man on the bench. If the 6 agains and penalties go against us, like they did in Newcastle, we could have some very tired middle forwards by the last quarter of the match.

Simple answer is the MRC is separate to the NRL and are not bound to their stupid swapping and changing of the rules. The reason why Papalii got a fine only is because the "force" was minimal. This is one of the main factors the MRC take into consideration. Same as Munster, the "force" was minimal.
Full marks for family loyalty :)

Lol. I can understand Robbo putting that view, but the idea of only slight force from that guy's knee, OK, that should have saved him about 6 -10 weeks off what he should have got if it was full force, but surely he should have been suspended for that act regardless of how much force. Surely??

Our defence will need to be at its best as they are averaging 30 points a game at home this season. Control from our side will get the result. The weather looks good on the weekend up there so there are NO excuses!

Consistency:

Not the difference between papali’s fine and Ryan james suspension for exactly the same thing

The MRC are just as inconsistent and seemingly beyond reproach as all the rest of the NRL officialdom
Again look at the force! Not the act itself. Ryan James' also looked a lot more deliberate. Anyway it is what it is!
I've seen first hand how they come up with each individual grading and its a hell of a lot more detailed than you saying "they are the exact same thing"

Lol. I can understand Robbo putting that view, but the idea of only slight force from that guy's knee, OK, that should have saved him about 6 -10 weeks off what he should have got if it was full force, but surely he should have been suspended for that act regardless of how much force. Surely??
Surely it should come down to intent, minimal force has got sfa to do with actual intent, there's a definite lack of consistency with the mrc and if V'landys really wants to clean up the game then it's acts such as this that need to be highlighted and dealt with in the heaviest manner possible regardless of the team involved

He is signed until 2022 and you would think he would wait until forens future is decided if the club gives him another year
So you think he will be happy to play second-fiddle to Schu if Foran is not extended? I have no idea if he thinks he can get a staring spot anywhere else but I doubt he could.

I think we extended Cust last year out of desperation, then we signed Foran, Schu has transitioned to FG very well and the cards really have changed for us and Cust.

Maybe Cust is smart, and happy to be playing footy for a living and will hang on at MWSE as long as possible.

I would be very surprised if our R&R department are not advanced in searching for both a DCE replacement and a cover for Schu and will string Cust along for as long as they can if he is cheap.

nrl .com

It's a special kind of pain when you lose a match by a field goal so the Titans will want to make up for the one that got away against the Roosters last week with a decisive win over Manly on Sunday.

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

nrl .com

It's a special kind of pain when you lose a match by a field goal so the Titans will want to make up for the one that got away against the Roosters last week with a decisive win over Manly on Sunday.

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF
Agree, I saw their comeback tries against the Roosters - it was bloody amazing - and they ended up ahead only to lose it in the closing minutes. They'll have self belief and will be smarting after being pipped at the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7