Tim Cleary resigns as CEO effective immediately

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The reality is that NRL football clubs are just small organisations as far as the business world goes. It's just the fact that they run an NRL team that make them a public focus.

We support a club. Sadly, it ain't what we remember. It is simply a franchise owned by private individuals. Like it or not, they call the shots. I hate it, but we are helpless. I wish it was a club, just like the old days. I'm not going to attack anyone personally, but it ain't working well guys, is it?

What on earth

This shocked me, should've known better, bozo always wins... Just keep the results coming.

Obviously the club has been getting dragged through these past few months in turmoil and this, although bad, can only be good for the club (to end drama). Don't think Cleary was the one who deserved to go, although only time will tell and until I get a proper grasp on what has happened and how it actually affects us I will remain reserved

We support a club. Sadly, it ain't what we remember. It is simply a franchise owned by private individuals. Like it or not, they call the shots. I hate it, but we are helpless. I wish it was a club, just like the old days. I'm not going to attack anyone personally, but it ain't working well guys, is it?
This is exactly why I don't buy into this membership scam. I'm not going to be a member of something I don't have a say in running.As far as I'm concerned membership of this organisation is just helping line some rich persons pockets

This is exactly why I don't buy into this membership scam. I'm not going to be a member of something I don't have a say in running.As far as I'm concerned membership of this organisation is just helping line some rich persons pockets
I agree to an extent but for me it's more cost effective to be a member than pay at the gate for the games I attend.

IMG_0866.JPG

Apparently.....

Yawn, I never got to meet him, maybe next time.

Meanwhile, is our playmaking spine still intact? You know, DCE, Turbo etc.

I don't give two hoots about who the CEO is from time to time, really. They all have to do Penn's bidding anyway, and if Manly wins no one will mind.

(And if we don't win, it still won't matter who the CEO is)

What a waste of 6 months of his career to even bother coming to the club. They could've at least let him resign with some grace in the off-season.

It is sad that Tim Cleary is out of our club. Again as a club we look unprofessional and that we have a dysfunctional board.

I find it sad that we have not been able as a club to get the CEO position right and that the Penn's may as well run the place themselves. If you are going to allow my way or the highway people run the club then you will expect this turmoil.

For too long there has been division in our club and I have consistently said that we need to be together off the park as much as on the park.

My fears are genuine in how are we going to grow and move forward when we still have no clear cut decision about the future of our home ground and we have a small window to decide this before the NRL take it out of our hands.

We have a budding team that is building something nice. We need a board that is behind the scenes helping the club grow, rather than diving the club with their own agendas.

Tim Cleary gave us something different. Shame it has not lasted and for those who are now in charge need to make the right decision in relation to our next CEO!!

Well that was surprising.

Ok, ok if we all need to feel better just think:

Meh, he was a private school toff who loved Union over league and now we are winning we all love Bozo.

See how that goes...?

:)

I wonder if his new opportunity is working with Joe Kelly at Souths? lol

edit: I wish him well.

Well said feathered friend.

giphy.gif

He had Penns support then he didn't. He was here, now he's not. He didn't have anything to do with the team on the park anyway which is the large part of what I care about with this club so do I care..? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We don't have "board trouble" because Penn is the majority owner, they must have just had a falling out over strategy or some **** which, whatever - most clubs have no strategy either unless you count being a rabble or cheating the cap a strategy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8