Tim Cleary resigns as CEO effective immediately

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Fulton and Zorba run the place. With the pathetic Neil Bare doing their bidding. Everybody knows. The NRL. Other clubs. The media. All. We're an administrative joke.

The moment Tim Cleary showed any balls he was gone.

Speaking of "balls"...how about poor little Scotty. Appoints the right guy to sort out the crap and the politics, then when the pressure is put on...he goes to water.

Oh dear what a cesspool.

Fulton and Zorba run the place. With the pathetic Neil Bare doing their bidding. Everybody knows. The NRL. Other clubs. The media. All. We're an administrative joke.

The moment Tim Cleary showed any balls he was gone.

Speaking of "balls"...how about poor little Scotty. Appoints the right guy to sort out the crap and the politics, then when the pressure is put on...he goes to water.

Oh dear what a cesspool.
Why is Neil bare pathetic?

For all the 'yawners' and 'don't carers' out there, perhaps you could reflect on who might still have the nous at Penn Central to see it through on the Brookvale upgrade front? Because the Nepenntistic family and their cohorts have achieved diddly squat on that front. Cleary was the last best hope.

You won't have a team on the Northern Beaches to support, if Lottovale stays as is for much longer.

For all the 'yawners' and 'don't carers' out there, perhaps you could reflect on who might still have the nous at Penn Central to see it through on the Brookvale upgrade front? Because the Nepenntistic family and their cohorts have achieved diddly squat on that front. Cleary was the last best hope.

You won't have a team on the Northern Beaches to support, if Lottovale stays as is for much longer.

We'll have a team to support, but their home venue address will either be ANZ Stadium or Allianz Stadium.....

Oh. So... Cleary was going to save Brookie, and he is the only one able to achieve this?
Interesting.
Well Cleary has been part of the Lobby Group to secure both the State and Federal funding for over a decade, Kerry Sibraa for two decades. :nod:

The revolving door of CEOs is a reflection on the Owners' management style. Demarkation lines between the departments seems to be repeatedly overlooked for some reason :nerd:

TV show pitch - All My Children
Club in need reaches out to former great (sorry, can't abide the term legend) to come in and rescue.
Former great, let's call him Fulton, returns for the good of his beloved (leave out the Easts bit) old club.
Fulton realises that the best thing for the club is to employ all of his children, who just happen to be sitting around, waiting for the call.

The B plot has the old club in need of a CEO and the shiny wealthy owners poach a well respected High School Principal.
The new CEO seems to be doing a great job and has particularly impressed the fans.
Going about his job as any good high level manager would, the former HSP realises that all in his care, may not be entirely pulling their weight.
Cue impending disaster music.
He sacks the Daughter of Fulton!!!!
Now Fulton is incensed. No, make that INCENSED (and not with the aroma of sandalwood) and goes to the shiny wealthy owners to plead his case.
Unbelievably, the SWOs stick with the former HSP.
Here comes the emotional drama:
Fulton must choose between the good of the club and the good of his family.
And here it is ladies and gentleman (spoiler alert) ....
He chose the good of his family over the club he was brought in to rescue!
Cue end titles.

TV show pitch - All My Children
Club in need reaches out to former great (sorry, can't abide the term legend) to come in and rescue.
Former great, let's call him Fulton, returns for the good of his beloved (leave out the Easts bit) old club.
Fulton realises that the best thing for the club is to employ all of his children, who just happen to be sitting around, waiting for the call.

The B plot has the old club in need of a CEO and the shiny wealthy owners poach a well respected High School Principal.
The new CEO seems to be doing a great job and has particularly impressed the fans.
Going about his job as any good high level manager would, the former HSP realises that all in his care, may not be entirely pulling their weight.
Cue impending disaster music.
He sacks the Daughter of Fulton!!!!
Now Fulton is incensed. No, make that INCENSED (and not with the aroma of sandalwood) and goes to the shiny wealthy owners to plead his case.
Unbelievably, the SWOs stick with the former HSP.
Here comes the emotional drama:
Fulton must choose between the good of the club and the good of his family.
And here it is ladies and gentleman (spoiler alert) ....
He chose the good of his family over the club he was brought in to rescue!
Cue end titles.
I think a miniseries. 'Roots' has already been taken. So how about 'Rooted?'

From memory, Paul Cummins, Grant Mayer, Graeme Lowe, David Perry, [whom I saw at Brookie during the Storm game], Joe Kelly and now Cleary.
Better memory than me Peter.
I was trying to do the same. The only ones from your list I can think to add is Joe cross and pat Wilson ?? ( I think his brother Ross has contributed more)
But I'm not sure if they were CEO's or something else.

While losing another CEO was never ideal, I was never convinced by Cleary. I get the nice guy rhetoric. But greeting fans and handing out tickets to gain public support isn't his role. Why we appointed a lifetime school teacher in the first place was always questionable. We need an upgrade of Brookie, we need more sponsorship dollars. A headmaster seems far from qualified to make this happen. It's a massive leap to go from headmaster to CEO of a mult million dollar company. He doesn't have the connections with the big end of town. He is hardly in he ear of the politicians, he is a headmaster. The irony is that most despise the boys club culture within the club when that's exactly the way St Augustine's was seen. I hope we get someone with a decent CV that can deliver what we need off the field to help support long term success on the field. Will it happen? Maybe not, maybe we will get a puppet because no one will touch the joint. But fingers are crossed for a decent appointment.

Neil Bare has vested intrest in ensuring CEO's walk. He facilitates Fulton. He holds the money and where it goes. He has a history with his first wife currently in goal.
I love the sea eagles. However it will be taken from us as there will be an investigation into manly and the findings will shock.
The team and fans deserve better.
You sound like an insider. Keep us posted.

Get a grip people..

Manly are a small family owned and operated business operating out of rented premises in a small Sydney suburb. The local McDonalds has more staff and a larger financial turnover.

With the owners running the show the CEO position was never ever a decision making role, poor Tim started to have delusions of importance. As nice a guy as Tim was, and regardless of how much of a positive PR influence he had ... no CEO could make an important decision until Penn told him what his decision should be. I believe Tim's main function was to spearhead the Brookie redevelopment, a role I think he would have been excellent at, but "running the Sea Eagles" was never going to happen.

No CEO worth two bob would take the job, and none is needed, all important decisions will be made by the Penn's anyway .. I think a good General Manager would be a better option.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8