Tim Cleary resigns as CEO effective immediately

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well if nothing else, I'm going to listen to all the rumours before I prejudge anything! :giggle:
Well there will be plenty of them.
At the end of the day if we are winning on the field I don't care. That's the way we roll I suppose, I just can't figure out why appoint the bloke when you already have a C. O. O .
Anyhow it's Scotty's money.
Never a dull moment at the Sea Eagles.

This was inevitable after the initial falling out, bozo is worth more to this club and more importantly the penns than any CEO, his contacts within the game and the third party agreements bozo is able to bring the table is why he is always in front in this battle

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/f9a8f42dafa676237cc06702d5853ba3

Sea Eagles CEO Tim Cleary resigns
Andrew Prentice, Manly Daily
31 minutes ago
Sea Eagles chief executive Tim Cleary has resigned from his post, effective immediately.

A source close to the Manly Daily revealed Cleary felt his position had become untenable going forward.

Recently Mr Cleary was involved in a private disagreement with the club’s chief football consultant, Bob Fulton, which quickly became public.

The decision by Mr Cleary to relieve Mr Fulton’s daughter, Kristie, from her position within the club frustrated a bemused Mr Fulton.

Wow. This really makes me sad. Cleary seemed like a great bloke and there hasn't been a great bloke in management for some time.
Rich kids and their toys - I just wish that my life long sporting love hadn't become said rich kid's toy.
HARRUMPH!!!!!!!

The buck has to stop with the owners. The structure is set in a way that whoever is in the role will fail - so what is the point?
Just another embarrassing off the park day for the club....imagine if we could get our crap together

Timbo must be pursuing a boxing career with Willis:p

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/05/12/sea_eagles_statement.html

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn has today announced that Tim Cleary has resigned from the position of CEO allowing him to pursue other opportunities that have become available.

“I would like to thank Tim for the contribution he has made to the Sea Eagles and I wish him and his family all the best for the future,’’ Mr Penn said.

Tim Cleary said: “I enjoyed my time at the Sea Eagles with the team, fans, and especially match days. I wish the team every success for the future.”

With Cleary vacating the CEO role today, Chairman Scott Penn said that he will now assume the role of Executive Chairman.

“I will continue to work closely with Chief Operating Officer Neil Bare, who has been a key member of the Sea Eagles senior management team since November 2014,” Penn said.

“We have a sound business plan and I look forward to working more closely with our terrific administration and football operations teams to ensure we continue to achieve our off field and on field vision”.

Geoff Day, a former long term Penn Group executive with extensive sports sector management and consulting experience, has been engaged by the Sea Eagles to support the ongoing implementation of the business plan.
I thought the same thing.Its as if they've cut/paste the Meehan statement

How long did he last ?? Why do they bother ? just appoint one of these as CEO and be done with it

puppet.jpg

The reality guys is that we are emotionally invested in an entity we have no real investment in, and zero say in how said entity is managed. This entity is owned by an individual who has consistently demonstrated his contempt and distaste for the "fans" who have supported the Sea Eagles for decades. This is yet another example of what happens when one individual gets complete control, and simultaneously loses the admin & "backroom" plot, everytime the club looks like going forward in a positive direction again. Scott Penn you are the problem, not the solution. Kindly sell up and **** off.

I get that they own the club but they do have a community responsability .Its really difficult to see why they saved the club considering how they have pissed on it , over and over again since they purchased it.

Its obvious the connection they have with the club lacks substance, and they are unable to truely understand what they purchased or the responsibility that comes with it

Ive previously given them the benefit of the doubt due to the financial clout they provide and my desire to see my team continue to trott out and compete, but there comes a time when the dramas and continual churn of quality people becomes more important than a uniform

I dont connect with such practices as a person and struggle to see how the end goal can justify the actions

Manly as an entity is worthless really but the people, the community are what give it worth. The club has lost sight of whats important , and fail to understand that the people are the true assets .

Ive always been proud to be a manly fan , to belong to something special but this mob seem intent on ****ting on the things they claim to cherish , and i dont want to witness the cultural vandalism any more.

Id prefer the nothern eagles to this rubbish, at least the beagles had integrity

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8