Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 14, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

4 30
Campbelltown Stadium
12 Jun 2022 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain how Walker gets picked every week, plays a few minutes, gets injured, looks like he's going to be out for the season and the following week it's just a repeat?
Foran, Schuster, Walker = three 5/8ths.

Our forwards are carrying Walker in the hope that he actually does get a line break (I.e. before he himself breaks down!)

Warriors need his help now!

Keppie has been average lately so yes I hope so.
I had huge hopes at the beginning of the year... not as huge as @Woodsie but I was up there - but he has been plain terrible with the dropped balls - offside penalties including when he just ran on.... poor inside defence. He is not the only player who hasn't played well but he is consistent with his mistakes and lack of football smarts

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
"The dominant performance by barnstorming second-rower Haumole Olakau’atu..."

Always found this expression intriguing.
Seriously, has anyone ever stormed a barn? Why would you? To overthrow some chooks, or maybe ransack a bale of hay? I agree Haumole is very barnstorming but I still don't get it.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Can someone explain how Walker gets picked every week, plays a few minutes, gets injured, looks like he's going to be out for the season and the following week it's just a repeat?
It’s a Groundhog Day thing. Every week he goes through a time portal back to when he didn’t have dodgy legs, only to re-injure himself next game.

He needs to go back and watch the film, to see how Bill Murray learnt from his mistakes.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I had huge hopes at the beginning of the year... not as huge as @Woodsie but I was up there - but he has been plain terrible with the dropped balls - offside penalties including when he just ran on.... poor inside defence. He is not the only player who hasn't played well but he is consistent with his mistakes and lack of football smarts

He'll come good .. he has what can't be coached .. desire ... I'm still on him to become a legend.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
The 2nd Warriors try was Bunty running through the gap that Keppie left open. His line defense and decision making is terrible.

He'll come good .. he has what can't be coached .. desire ... I'm still on him to become a legend.
He is a fabulous one on one defender - second only to Jake... but his head is in the clouds.. seriously he would be the kid in class watching the butterflies out the classroom window all day... his head is off with the fairies.... not that there is anything wrong with that!

47MVEagle

Bencher

Seriously, has anyone ever stormed a barn? Why would you? To overthrow some chooks, or maybe ransack a bale of hay? I agree Haumole is very barnstorming but I still don't get it.
I was curious so I googled "barnstorming" only to find it is a term originally used to describe aerial acrobatics!

"Barnstorming was a form of entertainment in which stunt pilots performed tricks—either individually or in groups called flying circuses. Devised to "impress people with the skill of pilots and the sturdiness of planes",[1] it became popular in the United States during the Roaring Twenties.[2]"

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader

Some of the neo-fascist militias in the midwestern and western US states have formed teams of barnstormtroopers.

Son of Manly Beach

Reserve Grader

HAHA -mate thats hilarious and actually had me intrigued...so I looked it up

Barnstorming earned its name from the aerobatic pilots who would land their light planes in fields and use local barns as venues for their impromptu airshows. Paying spectators would gather to watch these daring pilots attempt a variety of dangerous tricks.

Son of Manly Beach

Reserve Grader
I was curious so I googled "barnstorming" only to find it is a term originally used to describe aerial acrobatics!

"Barnstorming was a form of entertainment in which stunt pilots performed tricks—either individually or in groups called flying circuses. Devised to "impress people with the skill of pilots and the sturdiness of planes",[1] it became popular in the United States during the Roaring Twenties.[2]"
oh **** i just did the same haahaa - i was curious too after that :)

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
HAHA -mate thats hilarious and actually had me intrigued...so I looked it up

Barnstorming earned its name from the aerobatic pilots who would land their light planes in fields and use local barns as venues for their impromptu airshows. Paying spectators would gather to watch these daring pilots attempt a variety of dangerous tricks.
Like this bloke:

27FFFEEB-D161-417A-A8D3-0D4CF1D54CD7.jpeg

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This game concerns me because we played poorly and beat the Tigers last time and the players may not get themselves into the right mind set. Whilst we were better last week but we lack week to week consistency. If the tigers are on its going to be a tough game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14