The sum of us: Rugby league hero Steve Mortimer proud of his son's gay union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Rex, could you please advise where in the bible it is told that Lot had sex with them himself please?
Who had sex with who and who instigated it you mean. Part of the moral of the story from my limited reading is bad choices are made when under the influence.

The daughters may have thought there would be no man for them and children if they saw the destruction of Sodom believing they were the only people on earth.

The daughters conspired to get him drunk but Lot willingly drank.

As a result two children were born and those two children are the Fathers of two nations at odds with Israel.

I have not read much of the Bible(too lazy to do so) but a little online research and half a brain doesn't hurt at times either.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Who had sex with who and who instigated it you mean. Part of the moral of the story from my limited reading is bad choices are made when under the influence.

The daughters may have thought there would be no man for them and children if they saw the destruction of Sodom believing they were the only people on earth.

The daughters conspired to get him drunk but Lot willingly drank.

As a result two children were born and those two children are the Fathers of two nations at odds with Israel.

I have not read much of the Bible(too lazy to do so) but a little online research and half a brain doesn't hurt at times either.
My apologies, when I first read Rex's post I though he was referring to 'them' as the men that were at his door in Sodom ( the them to which his daughter's were offered up to).

Yes, his daughters did take advantage of Lot and had sex with him when he was intoxicated. The bible does not declare that anyone other than Jesus is without sin, Lot is no exception; however, what God is most concerned about is one having a heart for God and repentance.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From Steve Mortimer being happy for his son how the **** did we get to Sodom and Lot and daughters being impregnated??

I think it's a conspiracy by @Dan to get his numbers up!!

From Steve Mortimer being happy for his son how the **** did we get to Sodom and Lot and daughters being impregnated??

I think it's a conspiracy by @Dan to get his numbers up!!
It is and my presence is paid by the word count that i was meant to keep to myself, i have been commanded to speak the truth to the masses by a higher power.

Rex

Bencher
TC voices an opinion-the PC throng gather to tell TC how wrong he is-TC articulates his beliefs and values-the throng are not accepting of this-TC holds his ground-just another day on ST
This thread had a wonderful, intelligent discussion going on between Technical Coach and a variety of posters on Mardi Gras. It went from posting 139 to posting 175 - before you, Wombat Legacy - hijacked the thread.

On the anti-Mardi Gras side – Technical Coach was the sole spokesman and virtually every posting he made was rated agree by both Ralphie and highlandeagle – so he was speaking for them too. Frank also supported two postings.

Debating with TC, on the Pro-Mardi Gras side - Pittwater Legend, Bones, yokahontas, Budgewoi Eagle, sheridanstand78, Brookie Brawler, Eagleheart, Isz, Garts, SeaEagleRock8, globaleagle, Cameron, Pablo, marga, Rex

It was generally warm, respectful, informative, intelligent and clarifying.

Then on posting 175 you, Wombat Legacy, pronounced that TC was “voicing an opinion”, “articulating his beliefs and values”, and “holding his ground” and everyone else was not being “accepting”, was a “throng” and was only being “PC”. In that one posting you dumbed down the entire debate to a polarity of right (TC) vs wrong (every other poster) – and of intelligent articulation (TC) vs the PC throng (every other poster).

In doing this you simplistically dismissed outright everything added by every one of these posters/raters as worthless. You accused every one of them of being part of a PC throng waging an unfair attack on TC:

@Pittwater Legend
@bones
@yokahontas
@Budgewoi Eagle
@sheridanstand78
@Brookie Brawler
@Eagleheart
@lsz
@Garts
@SeaEagleRock8
@globaleagle
@Cameron
@Pablo
@marga
@Rex

Later you bragged about how tolerant and accepting of others' opinions that you are. How this behaviour reconciles with your self-image I don't know. Some of these (including me) had not posted at all in that discussion but had agreed with what was posted.

I felt what you had done was OTT, so I challenged you in posting 183 about your simplistic attack on all of these posters. Obviously challenge does not suit you. From that point on you have waged an abusive rant of 10 postings (posting numbers 188, 203, 216, 217, 223, 226, 240, 244, 267, and 268). In one of these you accused Bones of being gay, presumably because he supported the LGBT position. In all of the others you have made abusive attacks on me, many of which may contravene posting rules here.

The only positive contribution you’ve made were comments about two posters who had come out in the thread. If they weren’t placed in the midst of abuse, I would have liked/agreed with these posting. Maybe even rated them a “winner”.

I appreciate you obsessively need to keep posting about me. And it makes you feel powerful to repeatedly incite others to attack me. Compulsions are funny things. If you need a target to abuse to make you feel superior, may as well be me because I’m prepared for it, and I see your game. I will of course, expect more dumbed-down abusive attacks from you. It seems you can't help it.

You pride yourself on being Christian. I'm not sure your actions are a great advertisement for Christianity. I used to think Christians aim to act like Jesus Christ. Or to at least have higher standards than the norm. Somehow, I can’t imagine the Jesus described in the bible waging your obsessive war of abuse.

Rex

Bencher
Rex, could you please advise where in the bible it is told that Lot had sex with them himself please?
Sure pjayz:
1. The first case was where he offered his daughters for gang rape in the town of Sodom. He and his group were under threat by a gang of men and this was his solution:

Genesis 19:8 Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please.

2. In the second instance he had fled Sodom and was hiding in a cave with his daughters. He had sex with both his daughters on consecutive nights, and impregnated them both. It says they wanted to have sex with him to get pregnant.
Genesis 19:30-38

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Sure pjayz:
1. The first case was where he offered his daughters for gang rape in the town of Sodom. He and his group were under threat by a gang of men and this was his solution:

Genesis 19:8 Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please.

2. In the second instance he had fled Sodom and was hiding in a cave with his daughters. He had sex with both his daughters on consecutive nights, and impregnated them both. They wanted to have sex with him to get pregnant.
Hi Rex, yes that was my mistake as mentioned above in my response to TC. I thought you were referring to the men at the door not his daughters.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Holy **** @Rex that would have taken me two hours with one finger to type that on my IPhone.

If @Dan is getting boosted by a word count you just helped big time!!

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Sure pjayz:

2. In the second instance he had fled Sodom and was hiding in a cave with his daughters. He had sex with both his daughters on consecutive nights, and impregnated them both. It says they wanted to have sex with him to get pregnant.
Read more on the first point there are varying perspectives that can be looked at, from my very small limited understanding it never states his decision was correct, it could be argued he wanted to protect the angels/guests above all else due to his belief in God.(in the end the power of the Angels decided the outcome)

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
True you did speak of only one issue. Yet you did overgeneralise to put all Muslim beliefs into a single bucket. I'm not sure why?

You said "Islam's position on the treatment of homosexuals". There isn't one single Islam, just as there is not one single Christianity:
Extreme prejudice remains, both socially and legally, in much of the Islamic world against people who engage in homosexual acts. In Afghanistan, Brunei, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen, homosexual activity carries the death penalty.[5][6][7][8][9] In others, such as Somalia and Malaysia, it is illegal.[10] Same-sex sexual activity is legal in 20 Muslim-majority nations (Albania, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Djibouti, Guinea Bissau, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan,Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Niger, Tajikistan, Turkey, West Bank (State of Palestine), and most of Indonesia, as well as Northern Cyprus). In Albania, Lebanon, and Turkey, there have been discussions about legalizing same-sex marriage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam

And what of Christianity? The tolerant denominations tend to be named by exception:
Today some Christian denominations are accepting of homosexuality and transgenderism and inclusive of homosexual and transgender people, such as the United Church of Christ and the Metropolitan Community Church.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT-affirming_Christian_denominations
Why is the intolerance of LGBT dominantly led by the religions? Because they both reflect the same Middle Eastern cultural values from a couple of thousand years ago. Yet if most people were asked if they wanted to take on Middle Eastern values here in Australia, no prizes for guessing the response. Both Islam and Christianity have been strongly influenced by the story of Lot, and Sodom and Gomorrah. This story of violence and rape (against both men and women) has been subsequently twisted into equating the word Sodom (representing these social "evils" of violence) with homosexuality. This meaning has flowed into both the English and Arabic words associated with homosexuality.

Lot was the moral hero in this Sodom and Gomorrah story. It is interesting that Lot first offered up his daughters to be gang raped, and then had sex with them himself. I guess moralists pick and choose what to focus on depending on their agendas.

Rex, you seriously need to seek assistance. Your obsessive behaviour is becoming embarassing.

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
This thread had a wonderful, intelligent discussion going on between Technical Coach and a variety of posters on Mardi Gras. It went from posting 139 to posting 175 - before you, Wombat Legacy - hijacked the thread.

On the anti-Mardi Gras side – Technical Coach was the sole spokesman and virtually every posting he made was rated agree by both Ralphie and highlandeagle – so he was speaking for them too. Frank also supported two postings.

Debating with TC, on the Pro-Mardi Gras side - Pittwater Legend, Bones, yokahontas, Budgewoi Eagle, sheridanstand78, Brookie Brawler, Eagleheart, Isz, Garts, SeaEagleRock8, globaleagle, Cameron, Pablo, marga, Rex

It was generally warm, respectful, informative, intelligent and clarifying.

Then on posting 175 you, Wombat Legacy, pronounced that TC was “voicing an opinion”, “articulating his beliefs and values”, and “holding his ground” and everyone else was not being “accepting”, was a “throng” and was only being “PC”. In that one posting you dumbed down the entire debate to a polarity of right (TC) vs wrong (every other poster) – and of intelligent articulation (TC) vs the PC throng (every other poster).

In doing this you simplistically dismissed outright everything added by every one of these posters/raters as worthless. You accused every one of them of being part of a PC throng waging an unfair attack on TC:

@Pittwater Legend
@bones
@yokahontas
@Budgewoi Eagle
@sheridanstand78
@Brookie Brawler
@Eagleheart
@lsz
@Garts
@SeaEagleRock8
@globaleagle
@Cameron
@Pablo
@marga
@Rex

Later you bragged about how tolerant and accepting of others' opinions that you are. How this behaviour reconciles with your self-image I don't know. Some of these (including me) had not posted at all in that discussion but had agreed with what was posted.

I felt what you had done was OTT, so I challenged you in posting 183 about your simplistic attack on all of these posters. Obviously challenge does not suit you. From that point on you have waged an abusive rant of 10 postings (posting numbers 188, 203, 216, 217, 223, 226, 240, 244, 267, and 268). In one of these you accused Bones of being gay, presumably because he supported the LGBT position. In all of the others you have made abusive attacks on me, many of which may contravene posting rules here.

The only positive contribution you’ve made were comments about two posters who had come out in the thread. If they weren’t placed in the midst of abuse, I would have liked/agreed with these posting. Maybe even rated them a “winner”.

I appreciate you obsessively need to keep posting about me. And it makes you feel powerful to repeatedly incite others to attack me. Compulsions are funny things. If you need a target to abuse to make you feel superior, may as well be me because I’m prepared for it, and I see your game. I will of course, expect more dumbed-down abusive attacks from you. It seems you can't help it.

You pride yourself on being Christian. I'm not sure your actions are a great advertisement for Christianity. I used to think Christians aim to act like Jesus Christ. Or to at least have higher standards than the norm. Somehow, I can’t imagine the Jesus described in the bible waging your obsessive war of abuse.

The thought police at it again. Obviously too much time on his hands.

Damn i no longer have the longest word count dribble posts on this site, seems a few others have elevated themselves to take the crown.

I guess i should retire now and live with the memories of being the original dribbler----pioneered but did not perfect the art of long posts due to a lack of substance and limited vocabulary.

I'm now going to concentrate on post counts, working on removing the robotic style to my posts, gain a sense of humour and learn how to time my Manly Clap Clap Clap at the right times.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18
14 7 7 -50 18