The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m no big fan of Seibold, and still haven’t warmed to him, but that was ridiculously over the top from Kent last night

Where are his strong opinions on his mate Sticky ?
Haven't watched it but read the article where kenty was quoted.
The part about manly should have signed Flanno as head coach is 100% spot on.

The didnt the went with seibold and he was smart and humble enough to sign someone as good as Flanno to be his assistant. Like you KE I'm not sold on Seibold just yet but that a few other things he's done were massive ticks. Now it's all about consistent results. He needs to get us in the top 4 that's a pass mark.

As for kenty I'll be honest I'm a fan, he doesn't always get it right but he has an honest opinion and will express it and doesn't care who it offends.

Either way ... the fact is ... that Flannagan will only be coaching the patterns and structures that Seibold wants/tells him to ... how much input Flanno had in devising those structures is not known ... but I would suggest that everything I have read about Seibold tells me he would have a very clear picture of what he wants ... and what he wants flanno to do .

Either way ... the fact is ... that Flannagan will only be coaching the patterns and structures that Seibold wants/tells him to ... how much input Flanno had in devising those structures is not known ... but I would suggest that everything I have read about Seibold tells me he would have a very clear picture of what he wants ... and what he wants flanno to do .
how is that fact its simply your assumption

Yeah, NRL coaches are known world-wide for allowing their assistants to do whatever they want ....

Give yourself an uppercut ...
It's a working relationship. A good boss is effective at steering the ship but I have seen plenty of cases where the boss happily lets his employees do whatever they want because he knows they know better and trusts them. Obviously I have no idea what we are looking at with the Manly coaches but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

It's a working relationship. A good boss is effective at steering the ship but I have seen plenty of cases where the boss happily lets his employees do whatever they want because he knows they know better and trusts them. Obviously I have no idea what we are looking at with the Manly coaches but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Please Will .... There is nothing more important to an NRL coach than the attacking and defensive structures and patterns ... these are what are drilled endlessly at training, and are what the teams whole identity is ..... these are not week to week things, they are ingrained ... I am certain that some plays and pet moves are thrown in by assistants, but no assistant in the history of the world has ever been allowed to do what he wants without full approval from the head coach

For example what appears to be our new found desire to play more direct ... rather than the old pattern of going wide ... these decisions are not ad lib ...

As I said, how much input Flanno had in deciding the structures, if any, is not known ... but he would be coaching within the framework pre agreed with Seibold's approval.

Everyone assumes Flanno gets an offer to become head coach at the ——— — (insert failed club here) … what if he enjoys the northen beaches and the success in 2023 with group of young kids … Siebold identifies he is suited to an overarching coaching directors role. WIN WIN (Mestrov might be smart enough to see this too)

Please Will .... There is nothing more important to an NRL coach than the attacking and defensive structures and patterns ... these are what are drilled endlessly at training, and are what the teams whole identity is ..... these are not week to week things, they are ingrained ... I am certain that some plays and pet moves are thrown in by assistants, but no assistant in the history of the world has ever been allowed to do what he wants without full approval from the head coach

For example what appears to be our new found desire to play more direct ... rather than the old pattern of going wide ... these decisions are not ad lib ...

As I said, how much input Flanno had in deciding the structures, if any, is not known ... but he would be coaching within the framework pre agreed with Seibold's approval.
Thanks Woodsie, was trying to say that the nuances in the relationship between 2 very different coaches especially when the assistant has won a premiership would be complicated to say the least. 100% agree with your last paragraph.

Haven't watched it but read the article where kenty was quoted.
The part about manly should have signed Flanno as head coach is 100% spot on.

The didnt the went with seibold and he was smart and humble enough to sign someone as good as Flanno to be his assistant. Like you KE I'm not sold on Seibold just yet but that a few other things he's done were massive ticks. Now it's all about consistent results. He needs to get us in the top 4 that's a pass mark.

As for kenty I'll be honest I'm a fan, he doesn't always get it right but he has an honest opinion and will express it and doesn't care who it offends.
The tone he spoke with was disrespectful, and spiteful, that was the part that really rubbed me up the wrong way

The tone he spoke with was disrespectful, and spiteful, that was the part that really rubbed me up the wrong way
Yeah, he took it personally that anyone in rugby league would try to project an air of thoughtfulness and intelligence. Like he has an innate mistrust of anybody trying to learn anything or - even worse - actually being, you know, smart.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4