The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting on NRL360 Kunty stating that Seibold is extremely lucky having Flanno as assistant coach.
Flanno will be able right the ship when Seibold screws up or can't handle the pressure this year.

Kent said 100% Flannagan should be the Manly head coach.

It will be interesting later this year how Seibold goes when Flannagan moves to Saints / Newcastle/ Titans as head coach.
Not sure what Kent’s beef is with the Manly set up,other than pushing his Fox League colleague Flanagan’s agenda.It was a very strange segment given Seibold hasn’t put a foot wrong as yet

Not sure what Kent’s beef is with the Manly set up,other than pushing his Fox League colleague Flanagan’s agenda.It was a very strange segment given Seibold hasn’t put a foot wrong as yet

I think his point was Seibold hasn't proved anything after one game and inheriteda v good roster if we stay fit. He clearly has something against Seibold.

All the others were giving Seibold the benefit of the doubt.

Interesting on NRL360 Kunty stating that Seibold is extremely lucky having Flanno as assistant coach.
Flanno will be able right the ship when Seibold screws up or can't handle the pressure this year.

Kent said 100% Flannagan should be the Manly head coach.

It will be interesting later this year how Seibold goes when Flannagan moves to Saints / Newcastle/ Titans as head coach.
He's overlooking the fact that Flanno accepted the job of assistant coach. No-one forced him to take the job and he knew what he was walking into and who he would be working with/for. No doubt he's using the job as a stepping stone to a head coach position and you can't blame him for that but Kent was just trying to sound controversial because he must think it makes him sound interesting or relevant

He's overlooking the fact that Flanno accepted the job of assistant coach. No-one forced him to take the job and he knew what he was walking into and who he would be working with/for. No doubt he's using the job as a stepping stone to a head coach position and you can't blame him for that but Kent was just trying to sound controversial because he must think it makes him sound interesting or relevant
Flanagan was sounded out by Seibold himself,so he’s hardly likely to stab him in the back,although it is Rugby League.And if Flanagan has eyes on a return to head coaching,why would he come to Manly and think he’s a chance there,where the likelihood of Seibold being flicked after just one or even two seasons,is very low

Flanagan was sounded out by Seibold himself,so he’s hardly likely to stab him in the back,although it is Rugby League.And if Flanagan has eyes on a return to head coaching,why would he come to Manly and think he’s a chance there,where the likelihood of Seibold being flicked after just one or even two seasons,is very low
His stocks as a head coach were already pretty high. We have an improved season and hey ho all of a sudden he's the number one name in the frame when another head coach position comes along (and let's face it there's probably 3 blokes who won't make it to the end of the year). So he'll probably have his pick of where he is next year. He won't want Seibold to fail because he would be tainted by the failure too.

Seibold came with both the highs and lows of a head coach, he did very well at the vermin and the Donkeys was a failure after covid.

Knights didn’t want him there for whatever reason, off to a great start as head coach of manly, Seibold picked his staff and what does it matter to have people below him that are more experienced or qualified, this is an everyday occurrence in all facets of sport & working environments.

What matters is the results, some people are more than happy to walk in the shadows as long as the $$ are there, not everyone wants the main gig in the limelight.

It’s how Seibold is supported and backed at manly by his peers and the team, who is really concerned by Kent’s opinion at manly.

Sorry but I'm agreeing with Kenty at this point. We've been flat track bullies for the last three years or so, and we've only beat a lower tier team at our own home ground. Siebold hasn't proven anything as yet, and Flanagan has better real world coaching credentials.

Sorry but I'm agreeing with Kenty at this point. We've been flat track bullies for the last three years or so, and we've only beat a lower tier team at our own home ground. Siebold hasn't proven anything as yet, and Flanagan has better real world coaching credentials.
I’m not sure the issue was whether Kent was right or wrong,in my eyes at least,it was the aggressive nature and dismissive tone he delivered his spiel about Seibold.I couldn’t understand why he was basically treating Seibold with such contempt so early in his return.He was either pushing Flanagan’s case,has a grudge against Seibold or was just being his usual cantankerous self

Paul Kent is opinionated like much of media sporting or otherwise...
I personally don't agree with much he say's, or take him seriously.
Seibold at this stage has not put a foot wrong early on and in fact, started his rein at Manly almost to perfection, but it is fair to say it's very early days.
Thing is, Kent does not like Manly, it's obvious and has been for years....in fact, he is straight out a fan of Eels and Sharks and certain individual players in his good books.
This is not uncommon as we had ppl like Fatty and Moose in the media and they were openly avid Seaeagles men, so it's fair game.....just if you hear Kent talk Manly, it's best to tune out because it's coming from an ugly place and in fact, I pretty much tune out to all his self opinionated nonsense and don't rate his opinion any more than a drunk down the local pub who watches a game of footy or boxing now and then after 20 schooners...

I’m not sure the issue was whether Kent was right or wrong,in my eyes at least,it was the aggressive nature and dismissive tone he delivered his spiel about Seibold.I couldn’t understand why he was basically treating Seibold with such contempt so early in his return.He was either pushing Flanagan’s case,has a grudge against Seibold or was just being his usual cantankerous self
I'll agree with you on the tone of what he said. But taking the emotion out of it Kenty does have a point.

I must admit when I heard Siebold say the term 'shared learning' there was some eye rolling...

Seibold has three wins from three starts. He's the head coach.

Flanno has a questionable premiership - salary cap issues the year before and the year after, sure, plus drug and cheating on a suspension issues. He's not a walk-in head coach anywhere.

Kent is a loud mouth moron.

These are all absolute truths. Move on.

Last edited:
I'll agree with you on the tone of what he said. But taking the emotion out of it Kenty does have a point.

I must admit when I heard Siebold say the term 'shared learning' there was some eye rolling...
I think there’s a hesitance for clubs to sign Flanagan as a head coach after his past indiscretions.There was a rumour going around last year that if a certain club signed him,their sponsors were pulling out.As an assistant,he can sit in the background without being the face of the club and he doesn’t have total control of what’s going on

Only watched once in the past 2 years. At that time he interviewed Tim Sheens on his return to Australia and the Tigers. He was very disrespectful in that interview.

IMO Kent tries to make his comments interesting by being controversial. I don't agree with much of what he has to say or he writes. I much prefer listening to commentators like Ray Warren and Greg Alexander. Siebold is doing a good job and publicly expresses gratitude for having the assistance of both Flanagan and Dymock, both of whom were sought out by him. Let's see where we are after round 5. I don't hear Siebold or any of the players during interviews getting too carried away with the success so far. They appear focussed and I am very excited about the year ahead.

NRL 360's whole positioning is strong opinions and arguments. They have presumably done their research and a segement of the market wants that, or at least watches that.

I find it very hard to watch PK, for reasons others have outlined in this thread. I've not watched it since they appointed first Yvonne Sampson and then Braith Anasta in the role ---- staggers me that either would get the gig. It's a shame because some of their other panel members can be OK. Buzz writes for controversy and clicks in the Telegraph, but is fairly balanced and considered on 360.

Between Voss, Sampson, Anasta and Hooper I don't watch Fox anymore and always watch games on 9 if there is the option to do that.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6