The Redemption (of Desmond)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's be honest, Des had some pretty average ideas (and execution of ideas by players) at the dogs.
The game has changed a lot since 2011 so I hope Des ideas are going to work in 2019, whatever they are.
I think the game has changed ,but I dont think anyone can label Des's game structure as stagnant or outdated.
He has always been seeking that next step ahead in the games evolution ,He is a innovator .
He did good things early at the dogs .But at the end of the day ,He was at the Dogs .
And if it looks and smells like sh!t ,Its probably dogsh!t.
Hopefully back where he belongs ,The Mad scientist will strive once more.

I think the game has changed ,but I dont think anyone can label Des's game structure as stagnant or outdated.
He has always been seeking that next step ahead in the games evolution ,He is a innovator .
He did good things early at the dogs .But at the end of the day ,He was at the Dogs .
And if it looks and smells like sh!t ,Its probably dogsh!t.
Hopefully back where he belongs ,The Mad scientist will strive once more.
Compliments to all the dogs supporters ....
"And if it looks and smells like sh!t ,Its probably dogsh!t."
CLASSIC !!!

Last edited:
If anyone, especially in the media thinks Des won't have spent the last 18 months studying up then they'll have to think again.
Once someone becomes a master of their craft they remain a master of their craft.
They just need to add or adjust their recipes or menu.
Des's high competitive nature would have been burning away in his down time.
And I'll bet he was watching our poor performances noting how and where he could do better.
He'll already have it worked out.

If anyone, especially in the media thinks Des won't have spent the last 18 months studying up then they'll have to think again.
Once someone becomes a master of their craft they remain a master of their craft.
They just need to add or adjust their recipes or menu.
Des's high competitive nature would have been burning away in his down time.
And I'll bet he was watching our poor performances noting how and where he could do better.
He'll already have it worked out.
You summed up Des 100% mate .
Des is not the type that lives under a rock . Des is the Eagle Rock and being a Manly man he would always have had his eagle eyes on our team .

Sing it with me @Harvies elbow

Hey Hey Hey, good old Eagle Rock Des is here to stay,
I'm just crazy about the Mad Professor
Doin' the Eagle Rock.

Last edited:
You summed up Des 100% mate .
Des is not the type that lives under a rock . Des is the Eagle Rock and being a Manly man he would always have had his eagle eyes on our team .

Sing it with me @Harvies elbow

Hey Hey Hey, good old Eagle Rock Des is here to stay,
I'm just crazy about the Mad Professor
Doin' the Eagle Rock.

Lol.
I sung it loud & proud feathered friend.
In practice for next year...

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. The off-season ain't over, but given our precarious cap position (Thanks, Toddles!), Des will essentially have the same team Barrett had at his disposal. There are obvious weaknesses in the playing staff, especially once you get past our top 13 and depth comes into play. Let's see if Des can hide those weaknesses better than Barrett could. It'll obviously help if he focuses on what we DO have instead of focusing on what we DON'T have, which seemed to be Barrett's biggest problem. My guess is he'll get more out of them than Barrett did. But I doubt he'll make us a premiership threat in his first year.

He did good things early at the dogs

EBC.
Barba was a one man show in those years, once he left they never reached those heights again.

Heres hoping he can lift Manly up and when he leaves we are in a better position.

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. The off-season ain't over, but given our precarious cap position (Thanks, Toddles!), Des will essentially have the same team Barrett had at his disposal. There are obvious weaknesses in the playing staff, especially once you get past our top 13 and depth comes into play. Let's see if Des can hide those weaknesses better than Barrett could. It'll obviously help if he focuses on what we DO have instead of focusing on what we DON'T have, which seemed to be Barrett's biggest problem. My guess is he'll get more out of them than Barrett did. But I doubt he'll make us a premiership threat in his first year.
" It'll obviously help if he focuses on what we DO have instead of focusing on what we DON'T have, which seemed to be Barrett's biggest problem ":

Good to see you are on the ball mate

Des only started to faulter when the Bulldaogs board and front office started to take back control.
When he went to the Dogs he was given complete control and they performed.
The last 2 years may have been poor but he was a man with little control and KPI's coning out of his arse.
Mr Haslers real record should read that he went to the big dance 5 times with 2 different teams winning 2 and never really missed the top 8. Could have easily had more Cups. How many current coaches apart from Bellemy and Bennett can match those states. None.

The Bulldogs finished 11th in Haslers last season there & they sacked him. So one mediocre year after more than a decade of success & apparently Hasler is no longer a good coach????? My fat ar$e!!!!!!!!!

And they told Des in the final year to sack all his tried and true support staff because they wanted to change things up. Crusher, Donny, Kelly Egan all left and Bulldogs got their **** club back to normal, just the same as Des found it.

EBC.
Barba was a one man show in those years, once he left they never reached those heights again.

Heres hoping he can lift Manly up and when he leaves we are in a better position.
Ben was a great attacking player but if Des's team leaked points like we did last season the dogs would not have had success
Credit must go to Des for building a resilient team structure .
Great teams are built on great defence

And they told Des in the final year to sack all his tried and true support staff because they wanted to change things up. Crusher, Donny, Kelly Egan all left and Bulldogs got their **** club back to normal, just the same as Des found it.
I think our game against the dogs next year will be a very interesting one :giggle::giggle::giggle:

" You learn in rugby league that all things are possible "
The winning mentality and motto of Des Hasler

People with excuses soon run out of puff
dragon-for-blog-story1.jpg

Des will get about his business and make the team focused and competitive again. I think what we need across the board is professionalism because that is a major reason for our slide over recent news. It starts at the top.How good will it be to have a scandal free season for a change?

Des will get about his business and make the team focused and competitive again. I think what we need across the board is professionalism because that is a major reason for our slide over recent news. It starts at the top.How good will it be to have a scandal free season for a change?
Des won grand finals under a volatile board . Scandal has not fazed him . As you say he Just stays focused on the job at hand

I agree .... losing all that support staff can change lots of dynamics within the club ..... which is why for the life of me I cannot understand the abuse Barrett recieved .. (and still does from numb-nutts) .. for insisting Penn get him a few additional staff .....

We have congratulated Dessie ... and rightfully so .... for bringing in addition to Cartwright and Chad Randall .... Donny, Ballin, Monas, Randall's brother, Crusher, a sprint coach and a head phycho ..... but yet we called Barrett a sook for wanting a bit more help, and accused him of just making excuses ....... FMD ...

Some strange peolpe on this site Conanu ......

PSS I hope Des brings in another 7 if he needs them .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8