The Redemption (of Desmond)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Elgey has had 3 season in the NRL so he is not that inexperienced . Elliott and Garrick are known to have some pace and this could fix our lack pace on the wings.
Just looking form a positive side .
Interesting with garrick have a client real mad saints fan said garrick the goods prob 12 months off nrl but can play and very quick.

The Penrith forum are not happy about losing him . He has all the attributes to make it . From what I have seen I am very impressed . I think we have a good one here .
Yeah pretty sure we gave him opp at right time with Merrin and chn both gone don't think he would have been let go if they where let go eariler.

.. Walter ... that garbage team was a team that Dessie was the sole architect of ..... and spent 7 years putting it together ......

PSS ... and before the numb-nut knockers get their panties in a twist ...... I think Dessie is a great coach .... I simply point this out to highlight the inconsistencies in the opinions around here ....
He did yes but its not his fault players like josh reynolds mybe and liccah didn't live upto expectation. They had a great forward pack for years and i dont think des counted on barba getting booted.. they never recovered from losing an x factor player like him. He was like a mini snake for des the goto guy who could create something out of nothing. End of thr day hes back now and im excited!

He did yes but its not his fault players like josh reynolds mybe and liccah didn't live upto expectation. They had a great forward pack for years and i dont think des counted on barba getting booted.. they never recovered from losing an x factor player like him. He was like a mini snake for des the goto guy who could create something out of nothing. End of thr day hes back now and im excited!
I am excited about the upcoming season too,but just for perspective,(and no I am not defending Barrett,so please don't pull that old chestnut out)it is not his fault(Des) that players did not live up to expectations?Sorry,but here on silvertails it is the coaches fault for players not living up to expectations.....(what is good for the goose is good for the gander)

Dear Sue,

If you read my original post ... you will see that my point of this thread was to suggest that this year was as important to Dessie as it was to Manly ......I never mentioned Barrettt or even considered him a part of the discussion .....

However there appears to be a core group of punchies that seem unable to contribute to any conversation without adding the Nostradamus like comment ... "but yeah ... Barrett can't coach" as some sort of revelation .......

So... to redirect .... given the way Dessie finished at the Dog's ... this year his redemption is as important as Manly's .....

Wasn’t aimed at you Woodsie. I’m just tired of talking about the bloke. We have moved on
We are back

You have spent every waking moment defending this bloke and his coaching so don’t have a crack at me for bringing it up. You high jack every second thread with your no support staff rubbish and you have a crack at me for bringing it up. A joke. Never ends

The real numbnut is the one who can’t see the blinding obvious. He’s a dud. A failure.Not that I know what the hell a numb nut is. What normal functioning adult of yiur age would.

Newsflash. He can’t coach and your constant denigration of people who recognised this is a snooze fest.Maybe you should choose your words more carefully when talking about fellow supporters. It’s not only juvenile , it’s repetitive and so damn boring.

Show a bit of respect maybe. You should be old enough not to demean people for having a view from behind a keyboard without calling them names a twelve year old might conjure up.

One thing I can tell you about Des. Even if we lose we will do it with it with s bit of pride. A bit of steel.Not the pathetic dribble your man put out for three years.He was a joke and will never coach an NRL side again.

And those cringeworthy pathetic press conferences will be a thing we never have to deal with again. Thank God.

Last edited:
I agree .... losing all that support staff can change lots of dynamics within the club ..... which is why for the life of me I cannot understand the abuse Barrett recieved .. (and still does from numb-nutts) .. for insisting Penn get him a few additional staff .....

We have congratulated Dessie ... and rightfully so .... for bringing in addition to Cartwright and Chad Randall .... Donny, Ballin, Monas, Randall's brother, Crusher, a sprint coach and a head phycho ..... but yet we called Barrett a sook for wanting a bit more help, and accused him of just making excuses ....... FMD ...

Some strange peolpe on this site Conanu ......

PSS I hope Des brings in another 7 if he needs them .....
Yeah that may be true, however I would put Barretts situation down to inexperience. Des has a lot of contacts and has his ear to the ground and finds the right people. It seemed to me that Barrett was just waiting on the club to supply these people, ala the recruitment manager fiasco. Barrett needed to find these people and then say "suchasuch" is starting with us next week unless you guys have someone better. Barrett didn't seem to do that it was more waiting for Lyall to go through 300 applicants. Thats what it looked like from my perspective.

Wasn’t aimed at you Woodsie. I’m just tired of talking about the bloke. We have moved on
We are back

You have spent every waking moment defending this bloke and his coaching so don’t have a crack at me for bringing it up. You high jack every second thread with your no support staff rubbish and you have a crack at me for bringing it up. A joke. Never ends

The real numbnut is the one who can’t see the blinding obvious. He’s a dud. A failure.Not that I know what the hell a numb nut is. What normal functioning adult of yiur age would.

Newsflash. He can’t coach and your constant denigration of people
who recognised this is a snooze fest.Maybe you should choose your words more carefully when talking about fellow supporters. It’s not only juvenile , it’s repetitive and so damn boring.

Show a bit of respect maybe. You should be old enough not to demean people for having a view from behind a keyboard without calling them names a twelve year old might conjure up.

One thing I can tell you about Des. Even if we lose we will do it with it with s bit of pride. A bit of steel.Not the pathetic dribble your man put out for three years.He was a joke and will never coach an NRL side again.

And those cringeworthy pathetic press conferences will be a thing we never have to deal with again. Thank God.[/B]
I totally agree with you Sue to the portions of your post that I have highlighted with regards to Woodsie which are in actual fact in violation of the Silvertails TOS Basic Board Rules and which if enforced could result in content modification or deletion and or penalties awarded to the offending member if they persist.

Can only be a positive side to having a coach and regardless of his past exploits , intent to re establish himself as a successful and competent i st grade coach as well as his playing group [ especially many who on one year deals ] also with a motivation to do well . The eventual make up of the playing group maybe still has to be finalized but again would seem pretty certain that Des will have the right focus to prepare and drill the squad to an optimum performing level

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
I love it when people on here talk about the club needing to build team unity...then sink the boot into our own players themselves. And....why give breath to a story about who players are friends with away from the footy field. That's their business. Some of you blokes would pop a blood vessel in the brain if you knew who some players are mates with.

How is it that a member can be banned for calling another member names that are considered by all and sundry to be childish teasing?? Why take it so seriously? Why not just laugh it off and say, "feck off @Woodsie , you cranky old bastard". Just harden up and see verbal jabs for what they are. Woodsie has hit me with quite a few over the season...the trick is to hit him with an uppercut back...then have a laugh and a drink later. Too blokey??

I love it when people on here talk about the club needing to build team unity...then sink the boot into our own players themselves. And....why give breath to a story about who players are friends with away from the footy field. That's their business. Some of you blokes would pop a blood vessel in the brain if you knew who some players are mates with.

How is it that a member can be banned for calling another member names that are considered by all and sundry to be childish teasing?? Why take it so seriously? Why not just laugh it off and say, "feck off @Woodsie , you cranky old bastard". Just harden up and see verbal jabs for what they are. Woodsie has hit me with quite a few over the season...the trick is to hit him with an uppercut back...then have a laugh and a drink later. Too blokey??
The moral of the story and new years resolution .....
We are building a new culture on here . This forum !
Lets all try and get on , on here . After all we are all Silvertails
Birds of a feather stick together ;)
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg

We are back

Newsflash. He can’t coach and your constant denigration of people who recognised this is a snooze fest.Maybe you should choose your words more carefully when talking about fellow supporters. It’s not only juvenile , it’s repetitive and so damn boring.

And those cringeworthy pathetic press conferences will be a thing we never have to deal with again. Thank God.
Hallelujah brother!!!

The last two paragraphs rate the Hallelujah.

Who got banned? I don’t want anyone banned.

Woodsie can say what he likes but that doesnt mean I can’t also make a comment saying I’m tired of myself and others being referred to as a numbnut, idiot etc by a sixty five year old bloke talking like a 12 year old.Ok for him to dish it out but for me to give some back means I need to “harden up”. Don’t think so.And it’s every post.Ad nauseum.One trick pony ****.New material at least.We can all get a little heated at times but to go on and on ....

He’s obviously an intelligent bloke so why act like a juvenile.

As for hardening up do decent blokes his age seriously sit around at the pub calling strangers numbnuts and idiots because they have a different opinion? No they don’t and I bet he doesn’t either.

If you wouldn’t do it in person don’t do it anonymously here. It’s not hard to disagree while showing respect. Is it that hard?

Everyone here loves the club so showing a modicum of respect should not be a chore.

Last edited:
Who got banned? I don’t want anyone banned.

Woodsie can say what he likes but that doesnt mean I can’t make a comment saying I’m tired of myself and others being referred to as a numbnut, idiot etc by a sixty five year old bloke talking like a 12 year old.And it’s every post.Ad nauseum. He’s obviously an intelligent bloke so why act like a juvenile.

As for hardening up do decent blokes his age seriously sit around at the pub calling strangers numbnuts and idiots because they have a different opinion? No they don’t and I bet he doesn’t either.

If you wouldn’t do it in person don’t do it anonymously here. It’s not hard to disagree while showing respect. Is it that hard?

Everyone here loves the club so showing a modicum of respect should not be a chore.
"Everyone here loves the club so showing a modicum of respect should not be a chore."
Well said mate and we should ALL follow suit and make this forum more enjoyable

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7