The Redemption (of Desmond)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree .... losing all that support staff can change lots of dynamics within the club ..... which is why for the life of me I cannot understand the abuse Barrett recieved .. (and still does from numb-nutts) .. for insisting Penn get him a few additional staff .....

We have congratulated Dessie ... and rightfully so .... for bringing in addition to Cartwright and Chad Randall .... Donny, Ballin, Monas, Randall's brother, Crusher, a sprint coach and a head phycho ..... but yet we called Barrett a sook for wanting a bit more help, and accused him of just making excuses ....... FMD ...

Some strange peolpe on this site Conanu ......

PSS I hope Des brings in another 7 if he needs them .....
Trent underachieved with the overall quality players he had this year and turned our fortress into a house of straws .
Any one that thinks other wise is living in denial
Trent is not only a sook he is also a quitter . Apart from that he is a nice bloke ;)

Barrett was too busy trying to be mates with the players to be a good coach.

He took them out for beers after one win. What a great way to instil patience, endurance and discipline in to a squad.

I wish I could go back in time to stop Des from ever leaving in 2011. We could have won the 2012 and 2013 premierships if he had stayed.

Trent underachieved with the overall quality players he had this year and turned our fortress into a house of straws .
Any one that thinks other wise is living in denial
Trent is not only a sook he is also a quitter . Apart from that he is a nice bloke ;)

Well that piece of meaningless shiite really added to the issue of support staff .... if you don't understand a topic it would probably be better to stay out of it .......

Well that piece of meaningless shiite really added to the issue of support staff .... if you don't understand a topic it would probably be better to stay out of it .......
At the end of the day we are all accountable for what we are in control of and Trent was accountable for getting the most out of the quality team he had and he grossly under achieved down to the depths of wooden spoon level .
To quote you ...
"but yet we called Barrett a sook for wanting a bit more help, and accused him of just making excuses ......"
End quote .

Trent is not only a sook he is also a quitter , Thats my view and thank you for yours

Barrett was too busy trying to be mates with the players to be a good coach.

He took them out for beers after one win. What a great way to instil patience, endurance and discipline in to a squad.

I wish I could go back in time to stop Des from ever leaving in 2011. We could have won the 2012 and 2013 premierships if he had stayed.
And 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 as well!

Can’t we just consign Barrett to the bin. A distant memory. Nice guy with no steel and absolutely no idea.His little charade the last few weeks has ended his career. Simple as that.

Manly ... no, he was not Manly. Blokes like Igor, Thrower, Reilly are Manly. Revelled in the tough going.No quarter given or asked. No excuses. Just pride.Like our great coaches of the past. Biscuits , Bozo , Dessie. Men who expected standards and didn’t cry like a puppy in front of a camera if they weren’t met.

And all of these led by the most Manly of them all. Arko. A legend.I listened to Arko a few months ago talk about the embarrassment we had become. “Put him on a bus back to Wollongong “ were his words.

Trent couldn’t coach a choko vine over a ****house fence.

We were a joke , mentally and physically. Players “loved him” but were happy to concede points as soon as adversity came knocking. Every time it came knocking we rolled over. Every single time.

Puppy love is a different beast to respect, something Des will shove straight down their throats day 1.
A team that was looking for the easy road and getting exactly that at Harbord Diggers.

Kicking for touch in the opposition red zone when trailing!!!!!’ That is the lowest point in our history.Never before have we seen such open surrender.Support staff didn’t come up with that little gem.HE DID and it was inexcuseable.

Game set and match your honour. Worst coach in our proud history.

Not any more. The real Manly is about to wake up. Led by a winner who doesn’t deal in excuses. His way or the f....ing highway.
Bring it on.

Last edited:
Also agree that it would not have mattered how many additional staff Trent had at his disposal last season or even if he had the most advanced training facilities in the League , nothing could deflect from the reality that quite a lot of his team tactics and game management input was sadly lacking and not conductive for his charges to perform at their best , And to maximize their prospects for some winning edges . Also again i can only be critical of how Trent was then inclined to use those unrelated lack of resources excuses for the side "s regular under performing and lack luster efforts. . Can certainly acknowledge Trent "s undoubted commitment at various times in his tenure but not that losing and negative inclined outlook and input that was so obvious last season in particular .

The team he had was garbage.. mybe frawley liccah. Enough said

.. Walter ... that garbage team was a team that Dessie was the sole architect of ..... and spent 7 years putting it together ......

PSS ... and before the numb-nut knockers get their panties in a twist ...... I think Dessie is a great coach .... I simply point this out to highlight the inconsistencies in the opinions around here ....

Can’t we just consign Barrett to the bin. A distant memory. Nice guy with no steel and absolutely no idea.His little charade the last few weeks has ended his career. Simple as that.

Manly ... no, he was not Manly. Blokes like Igor, Thrower, Reilly are Manly. Revelled in the tough going.No quarter given or asked. No excuses. Just pride.Like our great coaches of the past. Biscuits , Bozo , Dessie. Men who expected standards and didn’t cry like a puppy in front of a camera if they weren’t met.

And all of these led by the most Manly of them all. Arko. A legend.I listened to Arko a few months ago talk about the embarrassment we had become. “Put him on a bus back to Wollongong “ were his words.

Trent couldn’t coach a choko vine over a ****house fence.

We were a joke , mentally and physically. Players “loved him” but were happy to concede points as soon as adversity came knocking. Every time it came knocking we rolled over. Every single time.

Puppy love is a different beast to respect, something Des will shove straight down their throats day 1.
A team that was looking for the easy road and getting exactly that at Harbord Diggers.

Kicking for touch in the opposition red zone when trailing!!!!!’ That is the lowest point in our history.Never before have we seen such open surrender.Support staff didn’t come up with that little gem.HE DID and it was inexcuseable.

Game set and match your honour. Worst coach in our proud history.

Not any more. The real Manly is about to wake up. Led by a winner who doesn’t deal in excuses. His way or the f....ing highway.
Bring it on.

Dear Sue,

If you read my original post ... you will see that my point of this thread was to suggest that this year was as important to Dessie as it was to Manly ......I never mentioned Barrettt or even considered him a part of the discussion .....

However there appears to be a core group of punchies that seem unable to contribute to any conversation without adding the Nostradamus like comment ... "but yeah ... Barrett can't coach" as some sort of revelation .......

So... to redirect .... given the way Dessie finished at the Dog's ... this year his redemption is as important as Manly's .....

Des first job is to get onside some of senior playing group who have become a little soft. I got no doubt there be some surprises in particular vacant centre spot left by kelly could be filled by 6 different candidates in elliot, garrick, hopoate, kioa, sulu or funa. We have a strong starting pack as any team in comp, but we are weak in spots don't have speed on flanks have an inexperienced 6. Yes we have top 7 and 1. But our roster has gaps and we won't see any player movment til next season.
Des tactics around attack in particular defence needing to be hell lot better.

Des first job is to get onside some of senior playing group who have become a little soft. I got no doubt there be some surprises in particular vacant centre spot left by kelly could be filled by 6 different candidates in elliot, garrick, hopoate, kioa, sulu or funa. We have a strong starting pack as any team in comp, but we are weak in spots don't have speed on flanks have an inexperienced 6. Yes we have top 7 and 1. But our roster has gaps and we won't see any player movment til next season.

I am very keen to see how this Waddell goes ..... he may be the just the bloke to put both Thommo and Siro on notice for a 2nd row spot ....hoping anyway ...

Elgey has had 3 season in the NRL so he is not that inexperienced . Elliott and Garrick are known to have some pace and this could fix our lack pace on the wings.
Just looking form a positive side .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8