The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not saying we would have won a premiership with them, and some of those guys wouldn't have played first grade for several years anyway, but it would have been good if we kept them in our system (provided they wanted to stay).
Or we can be like the Rorters, zero juniors and just buy everyone else's!!

The lesson from Penrith is that it takes 5 years for many of them to be quality first graders. I don't think manly (barrett) was patient with blokes like Hynes and Garner.

It is a rare player (eg Tom) that can go straight from under 19s to first grade and shine.

Interesting though from that year -2015 - they only had one player make the NYC Team of the Year and he was on the bench, Brent Naden.
Kikau played for the Cowboys and Pangai Jnr was a Raider and Addo-Carr was a Shark.
Tom effectively carried us in 2015.

Also got to remember our 2017 NYC side came 8th so effectively had a good month to win it.
We didn't have any make the team of the year.
5 of the GF squad have gone onto play 1st Grade but none are what you'd call superstars.

Or we can be like the Rorters, zero juniors and just buy everyone else's!!

Not defending the Roosters here but delving through the archives quite a few players changed clubs in NYC.
Did you know that Paseka played for us in 15 but the Tigers in 16? Either did I.
I'm sure the Sharks can lay claim to Ramien as coming through their system even though he played 2 1/2 seasons for us. Six months later he debuts in 1st grade.

Interesting though from that year -2015 - they only had one player make the NYC Team of the Year and he was on the bench, Brent Naden.
Kikau played for the Cowboys and Pangai Jnr was a Raider and Addo-Carr was a Shark.
Tom effectively carried us in 2015.

Also got to remember our 2017 NYC side came 8th so effectively had a good month to win it.
We didn't have any make the team of the year.
5 of the GF squad have gone onto play 1st Grade but none are what you'd call superstars.
They need 2 more years to become stars.

They need 2 more years to become stars.

Agree, I forgot to add yet... but many expect the bulk of a premiership winning u20's squad to kick on into 1st grade immediately. Some of these guys never ever see 1st grade and others like Turbo can step straight in.
From that 2017 squad Cust has played the most 1st grade but is still finding his feet, Funa only debuted this year and Tom Wright has been and gone.
Hopefully Oka and Paseka being brought on slowly reaps dividends for us down the track.

Not defending the Roosters here but delving through the archives quite a few players changed clubs in NYC.
Did you know that Paseka played for us in 15 but the Tigers in 16? Either did I.
I'm sure the Sharks can lay claim to Ramien as coming through their system even though he played 2 1/2 seasons for us. Six months later he debuts in 1st grade.
I am pretty sure Paseka was at Western Suburbs SG ball in 2015? He arrived 2017.

I reckon the way Paseka improved in 2020 was 1 of few bright sparks for Manly's season.
Actually started to realise his own size and power as it went on and even in some hefty losses, made some great charges with the ball and an area that has been swept a little was his defence, bashed a few in the middle and missed few tackles....

Patience is a virtue.
Might be worth pointing out that from our 2015 Holden Cup GF side we only have Tom left.

I think it was a missed opportunity especially when we didn't keep Jesse Ramien, Luke Garner, Nicho Hynes and others.

But hopefully the core of our 2017 winning squad will be with us (and stay on the park) for a while.
I've still got my fingers crossed that we will have Garner back next year.

Doesn't hurt to consider that Liam Knight was back training with all the Manly boys between Raiders and bunnies contracts.

In this day and age Comradery is unfortunately lost on some in this game these days.

I think Gutherson and Knight are both good friends with Manly players and Other locals on the Northern Beaxhes from their younger days, like the Turbos and both still live on the Northern Beaches. One can easily misread a friendship for a potential change Of club, which is unlikely to happen.

Patience is a virtue.

I've still got my fingers crossed that we will have Garner back next year.

Doesn't hurt to consider that Liam Knight was back training with all the Manly boys between Raiders and bunnies contracts.

In this day and age Comradery is unfortunately lost on some in this game these days.

Would luv Liam Knight back. Good motor, good mouth and a bit of attitude

I reckon the way Paseka improved in 2020 was 1 of few bright sparks for Manly's season.
Actually started to realise his own size and power as it went on and even in some hefty losses, made some great charges with the ball and an area that has been swept a little was his defence, bashed a few in the middle and missed few tackles....

Paseka will fill the hole left by AFB and make it his own.
By the end of the year, it will be AFB who?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4