The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do you remember when your parents or teachers would threaten to wash your mouth out with soap?

Suggest that coming to Manly again and you'll get the soap AND the sanitizer lol

Oh we could definitely use a dummy half of that caliber ... just not him.
Just imagine it for a moment and think of the possibilities. I threw up a little in my mouth just typing that.

Bit harsh - he took them from 9th to a minor premiership and 2 grand finals.
(But maybe I'm too generous, I'd even give two points for the haircut)

If I was unkind, I would suggest that the early success was the result of the squad he inherited ... and his latter performance the result of the squad he recruited .... but I am not unkind, I will concede the extra point for the haircut ..

Game has radically changed this year. Des and team have been slow/ slower to adapt. Even saying this if turbo Tom had played more games this season it would be fair to say we would have won a few more games and still would be playing in the finals despite this.

Game has radically changed this year. Des and team have been slow/ slower to adapt. Even saying this if turbo Tom had played more games this season it would be fair to say we would have won a few more games and still would be playing in the finals despite this.
With the other 3/4 of our spine - walker, turbo and fainu - things would have been just fine. It is the lack of creativity and talent in the replacements that killed us.

Only the duds ......... all the good ones will go to the Roosters, Storm or Broncos

We won't have it all our own way in the battle for the duds. The Bulldogs are competing with us for these types of players as well. The Dogs were probably all in for Davey as well...

Our team for 2021 as it stands
1.Trbojevic
2.Funa
3.Walker
4.Suli
5.Garrick
6.Schuster
7.DCE
8.Paseka
9.Cust
10.Taupau
11.Gosiewski
12.Sironen
13.Trbojevic

14.Croker
15.Keppie
16.Sipley
17.Olakauatu

18.Parker
19.Harper
20.Davey
21.Saddler
22.Trbojevic
23.Taufua *
24.Fainu *

6 spots to fill.. we DEF need some top 17 quality signatures
Yep DEF a few more sandwiches short of a premiership picnic thats for sure

With this Davey signing does that mean no to Garner? They are like for like, I don't see the sense in adding Garner if we have Davey.
Yeah you would think Garner would be unnecessary at that point. Loads of back-rowers and unless one is a Kikau or a Niokerei type that really threatens to make inroads or bend the defensive line they are pretty interchangeable. As long as they know that they are coming in (at least initially) as depth and are prepared to do a job.

I reckon tigers would've told us that they wouldn't release Garner unless we gave them someone in return. Davey is a cheaper option anyways and I like the movement away from size in our forward packs, he seems like a hard worker and can offload. I reckon Olakautau will have a breakout season and Siro will by default be handed the number 12 jersey.

Reuben Garrick could be a consistent high try scoring winger like an Addo-Carr or Sivo or Tupou or Johnston ... if he was used correctly. And by that I mean don't only use him as a battering ram trying to run through the middle on kick returns or early tackle hit ups when forwards are lumbering back onside. You watch teams like Melbourne, Chooks, Panthers, Souffs, Worms ... they all set up to get their speed men on the outside and running and it usually see's them making a fair bit more ground than if they were trying to run through a wall of 110+ kg forwards like our backs do.

Not including Turbo who is obviously a team mate, there are probably only about 5 or 6 outside backs currently in first grade across the NRL who are genuinely faster than Reubs. We should be using his pace to advantage a lot more than we have this year. Unfortunately most of the time we've seen him at top pace is when he's been trying to come from the far wing to be a last line of defence after those on our left had been blown off for pace (e.g. the chase on Waqa Blake after that illegal 2 on 1 steal that they allowed).

What I would actually like to see is Reubs playing outside of Morgan Harper. And if Garrick does play on Saturday, that is probably what we'll see. They both have pace, but I think Harper would be more inclined to actually pass the ball than Suli has been this year. Good on him for thinking it, but Suli this year has had it in his mind that he's going to break every tackle. Unfortunately a lot more often than not its seen him die with the ball even when the opposition winger has come in to tackle him and left an open passage Reubs could have exploited had Suli passed the ball (and that's even before we get into what happens when Siro gets the ball.....).
Rueben and Co
How good are our wingers ?
The bench mark wingers in the NRL are the complete wingers
A complete winger is not just a fast finisher in todays game
He is also a hard runner taking the ball out of your try line making ground and not driven backwards
He is a flyer in the air as well as on the field competing for the high kicks on the try line
He is not only a finisher of plays but also a creator of opportunities and of course a good defender .

So it looks like Guacamole might be a Purgee so I’ll add him to the list , no sauce but if Des is leaving him out ( and apparently not injured ) then he’s on the outer I reckon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4