The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
AND, you can’t have 30 world beaters , well
Unless you are the Sydney Roosters who operate on a whole different level.

PS: I just read that Uncle Nicks holding in AP Eagers has increased in value by about 600 million since March , poor bastard!!

Agree but you can get 30 players who do the right things to become the best they can be. Attitude

I never thought Garrick went as bad as some suggested, but on the other hand, never as good as some felt....just an average winger who has a go....in the right place will score his share of tries.

I never thought Garrick went as bad as some suggested, but on the other hand, never as good as some felt....just an average winger who has a go....in the right place will score his share of tries.
I think Silvertailers came down hard on him when his kicking went off , he’s no giant Fijian steamroller just your average winger ( although I do believe we need speed and height these days ).

might turn out to be as good a signing as George Rose, or Glenn Hall, or Mark Bryant etc who no doubt all the whingers would have been complaining about at the time too

Or heath lestrange, wolfman, Shaun Lane (who had played one game for the warriors when we picked him up)

I think we maybe underestimate who we have coming through in the forwards....Sipley is powerful and has more upside than Boyle...Guocomole is a gun and though a rookie, Fainu will be in the 17 by 2022....then we have Saddler and Titmuss and would expect 1 of these 2 to get a shot in 2021.
Keep in mind Ben Turbo could well be that dangerous edge backrowrr we have craved and wont be suprised to see young Bailey Sirro at Manly

I think Silvertailers came down hard on him when his kicking went off , he’s no giant Fijian steamroller just your average winger ( although I do believe we need speed and height these days ).

Very tough year to be a winger at manly
Compressed defence found out
The ball only gets to them in our own 20
Always on the back foot

Can hardly remember any winger being asked to finish off a backline movement. Maybe jorge once that i can remember

Cam Smith isn’t signed for next year

Do you remember when your parents or teachers would threaten to wash your mouth out with soap?

Suggest that coming to Manly again and you'll get the soap AND the sanitizer lol

Oh we could definitely use a dummy half of that caliber ... just not him.

Boyle was on a four year contract so do we have to keep paying him to play at the dogs or do we receive compensation? Does anyone know if we booted him or if he requested a release?

Question ... why do some people keep trying to suggest players like Jorge, Suli and Parker should be moved to the back row?

Neither Jorge or Suli have anywhere near the work ethic required to be a forward, starter or off the bench. And frankly, Parker just isn't tough enough to be a forward. And to suggest any of them should be starting back rowers ahead of someone like Olakau'atu is ridiculous.

Never going to happen.

Reuben f#$king Carrot. The epitome of 2nd year syndrome self-sabotage. I was hopeful with the reported Saab swap (fully knowing the risk in Saab with attitude and performance), but now looking questionable. Argghhhh! I hope Reuben rises to the challenge next season if he stays because he's been a huge disappointment in 2020. FFS, even if he couldn't keep his winger form he could have at least held it together and contributed through his goal kicking.... NOPE. Big fat dud. Zilch. Zero. Get your centre of gravity down low and sort out your goal kicking, dude

For mine, we haven't used Reubs this year anywhere near like we should have. Last year he was put into plenty of open space, had plenty of kicks to chase and score from. This year he was largely starved of any quality possession playing outside ball hogs Siro and Suli, while lets face it, 2020 has not been DCE's best kicking year.

Reubs isn't the type of winger who will go busting through tackles on a regular basis like a Maika Sivo. But put him into open space and there aren't that many in the NRL who could catch him. The problem has been that he has rarely seen that open space.

Last edited:
For mine, we haven't used Reubs this year anywhere near like we should have. Last year he was put into plenty of open space, had plenty of kicks to chase and score from. This year he was largely starved of any quality possession playing outside of Siro and Suli.

Reubs isn't the type of winger who will go busting through tackles on a regular basis like a Maika Sivo. But put him into open space and there aren't that many in the NRL who could catch him.
Yeah, fair balanced post compared to my frustrated rant. The only time he got his hands on the ball was running it back, which is probably his weakest attribute.

Reuben does have a mistake in him at the wrong time like a poor carry or play the ball error about 15 metres out from our line.

Agree that his kick returns are very average at times

Question ... why do some people keep trying to suggest players like Jorge, Suli and Parker should be moved to the back row?

Neither Jorge or Suli have anywhere near the work ethic required to be a forward, starter or off the bench. And frankly, Parker just isn't tough enough to be a forward. And to suggest any of them should be starting back rowers ahead of someone like Olakau'atu is ridiculous.

Never going to happen.
Holden mate you know we wont know what suli is capable of until donny dangles a burger or hookah in front of him lol..but yeah on a serious note..your 100% right

When given the reins and cheque book at Manly .. Dessie put together a dual Premiership winning roster .. Scorecard - 99/100 .. a point deducted for the haircut ..

When given the reins and cheque book at Bulldoggies ... Dessie put together a wooden spoon roster .. Scorecard - 1/100 .. a point given for the tenacity to stick with the same haircut ...

So, purge all you like ... I just hope he returns to his early days as far as building a squad ..

Yeah, fair balanced post compared to my frustrated rant. The only time he got his hands on the ball was running it back, which is probably his weakest attribute.

And unfortunately, as I said in another thread ... like most of our outside backs, when running the ball back from a kick or during early tackles, instead of his pace being used out wide, he would run to the middle of the field and get smashed by 2-3 defenders who each outweighed him by about 20 kg. Thus the constant criticism about him being ragdolled.

Reubs isn't a strong hit up type of outside back like a Taufua or Suli. He's a get him on the outside and watch him run type of outside back a-la an Addo-Carr or Johnston. To use him as a battering ram is setting up to fail.

Reuben does have a mistake in him at the wrong time like a poor carry or play the ball error about 15 metres out from our line.

Agree that his kick returns are very average at times

Reuben Garrick could be a consistent high try scoring winger like an Addo-Carr or Sivo or Tupou or Johnston ... if he was used correctly. And by that I mean don't only use him as a battering ram trying to run through the middle on kick returns or early tackle hit ups when forwards are lumbering back onside. You watch teams like Melbourne, Chooks, Panthers, Souffs, Worms ... they all set up to get their speed men on the outside and running and it usually see's them making a fair bit more ground than if they were trying to run through a wall of 110+ kg forwards like our backs do.

Not including Turbo who is obviously a team mate, there are probably only about 5 or 6 outside backs currently in first grade across the NRL who are genuinely faster than Reubs. We should be using his pace to advantage a lot more than we have this year. Unfortunately most of the time we've seen him at top pace is when he's been trying to come from the far wing to be a last line of defence after those on our left had been blown off for pace (e.g. the chase on Waqa Blake after that illegal 2 on 1 steal that they allowed).

What I would actually like to see is Reubs playing outside of Morgan Harper. And if Garrick does play on Saturday, that is probably what we'll see. They both have pace, but I think Harper would be more inclined to actually pass the ball than Suli has been this year. Good on him for thinking it, but Suli this year has had it in his mind that he's going to break every tackle. Unfortunately a lot more often than not its seen him die with the ball even when the opposition winger has come in to tackle him and left an open passage Reubs could have exploited had Suli passed the ball (and that's even before we get into what happens when Siro gets the ball.....).

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4