Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The purge is on!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Gutho and Teddy missed large chunks of seasons previously and on a regular basis until things settled down on the injury front for them . Only one indication but Turbo seemed to be stretching right out and at top pace when he tried to run down that Titans back in his comeback match , so at least one good sign with this recovery . Nothing can be assumed but must be some reasonable chance that Turbo will experience some better outcomes on the injury front . Again , did not seem to have experienced much injury issue in his lower grade days and early N R L career so hopefully the recent couple of seasons will just be an abberation
We all hope that’s true!!

davohan123

Premium Member
Be positive mate.
If Tommy stayed fit this year we showed early on we could match it with the best of them.
Throw in the 10 weeks in a row of injuries to our backline and this season was a disaster in terms of continuity with combinations.

Foz is going to bring a real direction to our attack. Straightening. DCE and Walker both crab and this can kill our momentum. Foz is the king of straightening attack and taking his runners to the line.

Schuster will explode onto the scene - in a big way. Can’t wait to see him evolve.

Turbo has more tools to his arsenal than any other FB in the game. He’ll be primed to put 2020 behind him.

Suli/Walker back. Funa/Parker improving.

Burbo/Hoppa ready to push into the 17.

We will be a force in 2021. Just need some luck from the footy gods! And boy aren’t we due!
Hope u are right could not go through another season like we just had.

Mitch

Hope u are right could not go through another season like we just had.
Theyre doing all they can this off season with Tommy mate. The strength in his hamstrings aren’t the issue - he actually has the strongest in the club. It’s his gait and running biomechanics that are being worked on, similar to Teddy who now has a very different style of running to early in his career.

Last edited:

mave

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Theyre doing all they can this off season with Tommy mate. The strength in his hamstrings aren’t they issue - he actually has the strongest in the club. It’s his gait and running biomechanics that are being worked on, similar to Teddy who now has a very different style of running to early in his career.
That's great news, and something that was pointed out here a couple of years ago.

If a few hacks on ST can work it out, wtf is the training and rehab personnel doing ?

The better Robbo

Is there any chance we keep Garrick and also get Saab? Dragons were looking for a swap but now they have Jack Bird do they still need a swap? Or maybe they can have Hoppa? Thoughts...
Walker Suli
Saab Garrick
Turbo
Looks pretty strong back 5
Funa, Parker Harper and Burbo as depth.
*edit: I'd still move Garrick to the left wing

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Is there any chance we keep Garrick and also get Saab? Dragons were looking for a swap but now they have Jack Bird do they still need a swap? Or maybe they can have Hoppa? Thoughts...
Walker Suli
Saab Garrick
Turbo
Garrick was hardly incredible for us this year but maybe that’s more to do with his inside service than him as a player.

mave

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Walker Suli
Saab Garrick
Turbo
The Dragons have signed Jack Bird ?

Really ?

Griffin doing Griffin things again, I suppose.

simon64

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Garrick was hardly incredible for us this year but maybe that’s more to do with his inside service than him as a player.
Agree Mark. There were times he was catching a cold out on that wing while Sirro stepped back into traffic.

As I've said previously in the Saab thread I think; he's no world beater but he's better than what we saw this year.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Agree Mark. There were times he was catching a cold out on that wing while Sirro stepped back into traffic.

As I've said previously in the Saab thread I think; he's no world beater but he's better than what we saw this year.
Height would help but even with that they have to get kicks to them to actually use that advantage!!

Supreme Leader

Walker Suli
Saab Garrick
Turbo
Seriously don't want to offend but what the F! you want Funa and Harper as back up? They were a bright light in what was a truly BS end of season.

Seriously if your right I'm gone

The better Robbo

Seriously don't want to offend but what the F! you want Funa and Harper as back up? They were a bright light in what was a truly BS end of season.

Seriously if your right I'm gone
So you want both Funa and Harper starting? Look at the quality of depth at the Panthers and Storm etc. Guys like Staines, Burton can't get a run, Naden dropped to beach... thays the sort of depth you need to win a comp. Having Funa, Parker, Harper, Hoppa ain't gonna win us a comp! Simple!!!
Who would you drop to fit these 2 in?

The better Robbo

I think he can become a world beater, he is a Daniel Tupou clone that runs the 100m in 11 seconds. The kids a freak... and I say kid cos he is still a kid. Give him a year or two, he will be pushing origin

Supreme Leader

So you want both Funa and Harper starting? Look at the quality of depth at the Panthers and Storm etc. Guys like Staines, Burton can't get a run, Naden dropped to beach... thays the sort of depth you need to win a comp. Having Funa, Parker, Harper, Hoppa ain't gonna win us a comp! Simple!!!
Who would you drop to fit these 2 in?
First Walker doesn't want to play centre, if so, he will leave. I think Harper and Suli in centres will work. They need to find a spot for Funa somewhere, he's earned it

and you think Garrick will win a comp, the defense rests

Batty

First Walker doesn't want to play centre, if so, he will leave. I think Harper and Suli in centres will work. They need to find a spot for Funa somewhere, he's earned it

and you think Garrick will win a comp, the defense rests
Turbo
Saab
Harper
Suli
Funa

Sell walker. Overpaid and underperformed.
Keep the others for depth.

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18