Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The purge is on!!

Highflier

First Walker doesn't want to play centre, if so, he will leave. I think Harper and Suli in centres will work. They need to find a spot for Funa somewhere, he's earned it

and you think Garrick will win a comp, the defense rests
I agree Funa has earned a spot somewhere ,if Walker doesnt want to play center after what he has put the club thru over the years then as much as I like him then its good bye and good luck Dylan
Also I don't think anyone is suggesting Garrick will win us a comp ,but I think he is better than what he showed this year without some decent service from the inside ,which because of all our injuries was clearly lacking .
Your witness :)

The better Robbo

First Walker doesn't want to play centre, if so, he will leave. I think Harper and Suli in centres will work. They need to find a spot for Funa somewhere, he's earned it

If Walker is with us it'll be as centre.
Suli won't start the year with injury so I suppose you'd go with Harper and Parker as our centres with Funa and someone on the wing? That backline is woeful and we'd be in for more of the same **** as this year if that's what we've got running out

The better Robbo

Has Funa really earned a starting NRL spot or has he shown he is a quality young player with plenty of upside and potential. Whether you went Garrick or Funa is not a big deal. My argument is we need quality depth like Funa, Harper etc. If these guys are starting then our depth is Parker, Hoppa and Taufua.. that depth won't win us a comp.

madmax

When did Walker say he didn’t wanna play centre?????

Heisenberg

With Saab looking more and likely that it's a done deal to us, Is it just Garner that we are waiting on now? Has that deal gone a bit cold? I read that he's played his last game for the Tigers.

Supreme Leader

I agree Funa has earned a spot somewhere ,if Walker doesnt want to play center after what he has put the club thru over the years then as much as I like him then its good bye and good luck Dylan
Also I don't think anyone is suggesting Garrick will win us a comp ,but I think he is better than what he showed this year without some decent service from the inside ,which because of all our injuries was clearly lacking .
Your witness :)
On cross examination. Is his defense good enough? He plays a compacted defense which opens up more than our 50% tries against us... and that includes what Taufua does as well. This game is about confidence, after letting tries in he's gone mentally.

Supreme Leader

If Walker is with us it'll be as centre.
Suli won't start the year with injury so I suppose you'd go with Harper and Parker as our centres with Funa and someone on the wing? That backline is woeful and we'd be in for more of the same **** as this year if that's what we've got running out
Hey Robbo, personally I think that Walker is 200 times better in the centres than 5/8. Schuster should get that 5/8 spot any way. I'm told he will have a dummy spit if made too. Hopefully he's grown up and realise that he should be grateful to play any where? Given where the team is I don't see Walker there long. My wish would be that he plays centre and regains form in a big way and realises the 5/8 thing was the impossible dream

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Over the past 2 or so years, Even told me at a function he didn't like centre because he couldn't "excel". He wants to be the play maker, earn big bucks.
Well he may well be the one we trade for someone we need because I think young Schuster might have his hands in the 5/8 position so if he doesn’t want to play centre he might be seeking a transfer to somewhere he can play on the halves.

The better Robbo

Over the past 2 or so years, Even told me at a function he didn't like centre because he couldn't "excel". He wants to be the play maker, earn big bucks.
The more I hear of this the more I think Walker will be purged. If he wants to dummy spit at playing centre than move him on and use his money elsewhere... maybe Fusitua, Funa to centre
Chez, Schuster, Funa, Suli, Saab, Fusitua. Now that's a backline

40 years an eagle

Well he may well be the one we trade for someone we need because I think young Schuster might have his hands in the 5/8 position so if he doesn’t want to play centre he might be seeking a transfer to somewhere he can play on the halves.
I hope so...I never wanted him anywhere near our squad. He has been one of the poorest signings I can remember...and that is some seriously crappy company he is in.

HoldenV8

If Tom gets another major injury next year then they need to medically retire him. We cannot afford to carry him any more.
While I do agree, I get the feeling that he will be on the park a lot more than off it from next year. His hamstrings are now strong according to the reports coming out, and its now been identified that his biomechanics, the way he runs, was the problem and its something they are apparently working hard on to change so that he still has his pace, but his run, his gait, is a bit different so that his hamstrings won't go pop.

In his comeback game against the Tits, he did get to fully stretch out in one chase and his hamstrings held up just fine. Tom's problem in that game was simply lack of fitness and what boxers generally term as ring rust. You can train the house down, but as has been proven countless times over the years with countless players, unless its combined with solid match fitness you will get caught out in the end.

I think we'll see a slightly different, but much more effective, a much fitter and on the park Tom Trbojevic in 2021.

madmax

While I do agree, I get the feeling that he will be on the park a lot more than off it from next year. His hamstrings are now strong according to the reports coming out, and its now been identified that his biomechanics, the way he runs, was the problem and its something they are apparently working hard on to change so that he still has his pace, but his run, his gait, is a bit different so that his hamstrings won't go pop.

In his comeback game against the Tits, he did get to fully stretch out in one chase and his hamstrings held up just fine. Tom's problem in that game was simply lack of fitness and what boxers generally term as ring rust. You can train the house down, but as has been proven countless times over the years with countless players, unless its combined with solid match fitness you will get caught out in the end.

I think we'll see a slightly different, but much more effective, a much fitter and on the park Tom Trbojevic in 2021.
Hopefully Walker & Suli also!!!! Can’t wait to see all 3 fully fit & firing for us. If Saab has signed & is good as we all think he is then our backline will be right up there.....
Trbo
Saab
Walker
Suli
Garrick (deserves another chance)
Schuster
DCE
Maybe we can snag Fusitua????
Backups Cust, Harper, Funa, Parker, Hoppa, Jorge, Trbo Jr.
Forwards Marty, Paseka, Jake, Keppie, Sipley, Boyle, Siro, Olakau’atu, Davey, Gosiewski, Sione Fainu, Saddler, Titmuss! Possibly Toupanoa & Garner????
Add Foran, Manase Fainu into the mix!
Not the worst squad to be honest!

Last edited:

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
Hopefully Walker & Suli also!!!! Can’t wait to see all 3 fully fit & firing for us. If Saab has signed & is good as we all think he is then our backline will be right up there.....
Trbo
Saab
Walker
Suli
Schuster
DCE
Forwards Marty, Paseka, Jake, Keppie, Boyle, Siro, Olakau’atu, Davey, Gosiewski, Sione Fainu, Saddler, Titmuss! Possibly Toupanoa & Garner????
The moral of the story
When we have our starting players we have proven to be very competitive
Once those starting players are out we are not competitive
We need to have a more competitive squad of 30 as our back ups back fire and capitulate .

nightster

Well worn member
Premium Member

I hope we get to see all three Turbos, together, on the field at some stage next season

HoldenV8

Trbo
Saab
Walker
Suli
Schuster
DCE
Forwards Marty, Paseka, Jake, Keppie, Boyle, Siro, Olakau’atu, Davey, Gosiewski, Sione Fainu, Saddler, Titmuss! Possibly Toupanoa & Garner????
The only thing I would change in that 1-7 would be, at this stage, Foz for Schuster. I know everyone goes on about Shoe and he does have talent, not doubting that. What he doesn't have is anywhere near Foz's level of experience.

Foz is a 12 year veteran of the NRL with 212 games under his belt and 21 tests for NZ. Shoe has played what, 65 minutes of first grade? Injury issues aside (and remember, Shoe got injured also so its not like he came through that one game unscathed), at this stage I'd have Foz at the #6 and Shoe probably in the #14.

nightster

Well worn member
Premium Member
The only thing I would change in that 1-7 would be, at this stage, Foz for Schuster. I know everyone goes on about Shoe and he does have talent, not doubting that. What he doesn't have is anywhere near Foz's level of experience.

Foz is a 12 year veteran of the NRL with 212 games under his belt and 21 tests for NZ. Shoe has played what, 65 minutes of first grade? Injury issues aside (and remember, Shoe got injured also so its not like he came through that one game unscathed), at this stage I'd have Foz at the #6 and Shoe probably in the #14.
Yes I agree .. and I'm a huge Schuster fan .... he needs to be brought on and coming in when Foz (and the opposition), is tiring could be fantastic ... eventually Shuster to starting 5/8 and Foz to 14

Harry Smith

I Agree, think we start Foran in the halves w/ Schuster bench. Then we ease him into first grade. So much less pressure for him so he can build up his confidence. So many young 5/8's get destroyed by being rushed. Maybe by mid-late season Schu will secure the starting spot, but give him time I say

I don't mind if we start him but I think it's probably the safest option and lots of potential to improve our bench rotation in the meantime anyways (no croker :) ). Lock is another option

Last edited:

Shane4500

Yes I agree .. and I'm a huge Schuster fan .... he needs to be brought on and coming in when Foz (and the opposition), is tiring could be fantastic ... eventually Shuster to starting 5/8 and Foz to 14
Agreed Foz in time will be 14 and Schuster 6 - maybe not straight up next season but no doubt after a few games. Schuster might start at 14 for a couple of games.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18