The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s really much more than a shake up, it’s a serious rebuild.

And to be honest rebuilds take time so whilst I hope for improvement in 2021 my expectations aren’t high.
I expect an immediate competitive team as will have Schuster, Tom back in the spine with instant impact guaranteed.
The key again will be Fainu, who I believe will be back and then we have quality players in key position to threaten any opposition.
Important to just add quality over more fringe players imo....1 or 2 of Staggs, Brandon Smith or don't mind some venom with the Hetherington call at less expense, this is better than more depth players, that would get nowhere near a start at say Roosters, Penrith.
Apart from that, the Paseka, Guocomole types can jump a level and will, so personally expecting an "under the radar" prediction early, but as the season rolls on (injuries permitting), will be right in the Top 4-6 bmix imo.

It’s really much more than a shake up, it’s a serious rebuild.

And to be honest rebuilds take time so whilst I hope for improvement in 2021 my expectations aren’t high.

The biggest positive I take out of it is the fact that it's happening.

Des finally has the opportunity to rebuild his way & appears to be taking that opportunity with both hands & running with it.

So far we know about who's leaving, I'm looking forward to finding out who's arriving.

I thought getting rid of Matt Parcell was dumb at the end of 2016 and I still think its dumb. I also believe as I did then that it had more to do with Barrett's personal relationship with Api, who if you remember he brought with him from Penrith, than it was because Api was a better player.

Mate I generally agree with you ... but Parcell had 9 games in which to impress .... he failed to even get above just OK ... thank goodness we kept Api ... and wish he was still here ...

D C E is not the problem with the team under performing [ even with a weakened squad ]. Could guide the team around better in many games over the years but look at the disjointed and ordinary spine in particular that he has had for a good part of this season . Any good half would struggle at times with this situation . still puts a good input into tackling , top try from supporting Siro against the Titans [ who should be aiming mainly always for wider runs instead of the dead end into the ruck charges .] Sure that if he can have some better players on the paddock and around him , D C E will have less pressure on him and be better value ,
Just look at how Thurston went at cows until they got strike power all over the field.

Mate I generally agree with you ... but Parcell had 9 games in which to impress .... he failed to even get above just OK ... thank goodness we kept Api ... and wish he was still here ...

I thought Parcell went better than just OK, but was given limited chances by Barrett who clearly preferred Api. His defence was better, his passing was better, his running was more direct. All Parcell didn't have was a personal relationship with the coach that had been brought with him from his previous club.

Just as a bit of a refresher on Barrett's coaching "talent" ... after Parcell was told he was free to leave, we basically signed Cam Cullen as his replacement. How'd that work out?

Yeah, lots of pride was driving the things he has done. FMD, are you blind mate...he is a mercenary!
In the position he is in he is ONLY thinking about money.
The way he left us proves it is all about the money for him and I will not follow this club if he is allowed back!
Promise.
Damn... nice knowing you feathered friend. What new club will you start to follow instead? May i suggest the Warriors

Off contract players I personally think would strengthen the side from 2020, offer some more game management in the halves, and more hard running mobile pack.

Foran
Saab (Garrick)
Bailey Siro
Jack Hetherington
Mitch Rein/Peats (Levi)

Jorge, Crocker purged
I dont mind Rein actually but he is quite injury prone isnt he? Yes to the rest mate! But if we sign foran isn't he supposed to play 9 ? Or back up 9

Off contract players I personally think would strengthen the side from 2020, offer some more game management in the halves, and more hard running mobile pack.

Foran
Saab (Garrick)
Bailey Siro
Jack Hetherington
Mitch Rein/Peats (Levi)

Jorge, Crocker purged
Peats please all the gods no! and Rein not much better ... but we are really hurting at 9 ... !!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8