The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought Parcell went better than just OK, but was given limited chances by Barrett who clearly preferred Api. His defence was better, his passing was better, his running was more direct. All Parcell didn't have was a personal relationship with the coach that had been brought with him from his previous club.

Just as a bit of a refresher on Barrett's coaching "talent" ... after Parcell was told he was free to leave, we basically signed Cam Cullen as his replacement. How'd that work out?

Now you will get me into trouble by introducing Barrett into the discussion ....

But given Api's career projectory ...I would say his preference has been vindicated ... and I don't think giving Parcell 9 games in 1st grade is exactly limited opportunity ...

As far as Cullen is concerned, he was another reggie star, like Parcell, so like for like replacement ... and like Parcell ... was found wanting in 1st grade ....

I find your opinion that Parcell played better than Api bewildering ...

And ... All coaches have favourite players ... are you suggesting Des doesn't ?

And to snap your shot at Barrett for letting Parcell go and getting Cullen as back ups .... Des let both Cook and Ennis go and replaced them with Lichaa as first string ...

But that is the thing with coaches ... they just have to back their judgement ... and none of them are perfect ..

Now you will get me into trouble by introducing Barrett into the discussion ....

But given Api's career projectory ...I would say his preference has been vindicated ... and I don't think giving Parcell 9 games in 1st grade is exactly limited opportunity ...

As far as Cullen is concerned, he was another reggie star, like Parcell, so like for like replacement ... and like Parcell ... was found wanting in 1st grade ....

I find your opinion that Parcell played better than Api bewildering ...

And ... All coaches have favourite players ... are you suggesting Des doesn't ?

And to snap your shot at Barrett for letting Parcell go and getting Cullen as back ups .... Des let both Cook and Ennis go and replaced them with Lichaa as first string ...

But that is the thing with coaches ... they just have to back their judgement ... and none of them are perfect ..

I just thought you'd like to hear Barrett's name again lol.

And yeah I think Des knows that he made a poor choice at the Dogs with Lichaa and Cook. The one he let go has gone on to be the first choice NSW and Kangaroos hooker ... the other would barely get considered for the old City Seconds.

Last edited:
In my personal opinion.....

Signing Kieran Foran to play dummy half would be the dumbest thing since America voted Trump as President. If we're going to sign him then it should be so he can reunite with Cherry in the halves.

We need a proper hooker / dummy half, not another converted 5/8.
Who's to say what a proper hooker is these days ? Imo any playmaker who is fit tough and tackles well can be the best dummy halves (cam Smith, manase, Ben hunt...) But yes Foran getting run at all game, and him trying to keep up with play, would be quite ridiculous to watch. Love him, and hope he comes back (so long as we don't sacrifice our future) but maybe 14 would be great for foz? When the brutality of the first 20 wears out, he could cause some headaches for oppositions, and take pressure off dce and Schuster. def agree with him at training and around in general will do wonders for club culture, give confidence to everyone, and really mentor some of the young ones. But I can't help but laugh if I was to see him totally gassed at 9 after 5mins, body aching, with that classic foran-limp. How I miss the champ

Who's to say what a proper hooker is these days ? Imo any playmaker who is fit tough and tackles well can be the best dummy halves (cam Smith, manase, Ben hunt...) But yes Foran getting run at all game, and him trying to keep up with play, would be quite ridiculous to watch. Love him, and hope he comes back (so long as we don't sacrifice our future) but maybe 14 would be great for foz? When the brutality of the first 20 wears out, he could cause some headaches for oppositions, and take pressure off dce and Schuster. def agree with him at training and around in general will do wonders for club culture, give confidence to everyone, and really mentor some of the young ones. But I can't help but laugh if I was to see him totally gassed at 9 after 5mins, body aching, with that classic foran-limp. How I miss the champ

If we do sign Foran ... no way Des plays him off the bench in the #14 jumper. He'd be in the #6 without a shadow of a doubt.

Damn... nice knowing you feathered friend. What new club will you start to follow instead? May i suggest the Warriors
Unbelievable post. You back a bloke that double crossed us and f CK d us and welcome him back like nothing happened and then bitch slap someone that is aggrieved by that betrayal and then suggest they support another club. Very ordinary indeed.

Unbelievable post. You back a bloke that double crossed us and f CK d us and welcome him back like nothing happened and then bitch slap someone that is aggrieved by that betrayal and then suggest they support another club. Very ordinary indeed.
Interesting.... you know toovey and spud are backing Foran to Manly are you going to have a go at them as well? Lots of people want Foran back.. old mate said he will be done with Manly if foran returns which means he needs a new club does it not? So i suggested the Warriors. Big deal sheesh.. Des ****ed us harder then Foran ever did yet we rejoiced at his return. You will both come around once Foran wins us games

Interesting.... you know toovey and spud are backing Foran to Manly are you going to have a go at them as well? Lots of people want Foran back.. old mate said he will be done with Manly if foran returns which means he needs a new club does it not? So i suggested the Warriors. Big deal sheesh.. Des ****ed us harder then Foran ever did yet we rejoiced at his return. You will both come around once Foran wins us games
I would love to share your optimism in Kieran, I really would.

Simply put, the heart says yes and the head says no.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7