The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree @eagleron Right now, it's very questionable that Schuster is the answer to our halves dilemma for 2023 and beyond. If they don't get it right, a DCE/Schuster combination could work out to be a career killer for Josh. I'm not particularly confident that it's going to work at all.
I could watch this Jorge clip all day, reminds me of the Jorge Matai combo, man they were brutal !!

It's the team that Bellamy trusts with training out ineffective ways of playing the game and recruiting players who either don't have an ego and willing to learn or who need a second lease of life and willing to buy into the system to prolong their careers.

They train harder than other teams and buy into the system for a more clear simple focus on what is required, all are made accountable to the stats that matter to Melbourne and nothing more.

It’s hilarious how Melbourne fall in a heap for a few weeks and everyone starts talking about the crumbling empire and they come out and put 60 on the Broncos. Bellamy is an absolute genius.

We also have Weekes whose plays fullback or five eighth. He is genuinely quick.
I believe Weekes is the most talented youngster in the Club alongside Latu Fainu. Just wish he could get a run - last few mins from the bench against Saints in the unfamiliar role of hooker was not fair on him. Surely we have nothing to lose now in giving him some decent first grade game time in his preferred positions. He is 20 and seven months older than Koula, so age should not be an issue.

Hasn’t been surprising watching dumbasses complaining over Foran leaving with Schuster taking his spot next year. Let me remind you that even with Foran we are in 10th place and would be right down the bottom if not for us beating a bunch of **** teams to start the year.

One of the few positives with the club is that we’ve prioritised 21 year old Schuster over 32 year old Foran who is one injury away from retirement. Get a grip people Schuster will be fine once our idiot coach (or hopefully a new coach) actually works out how to play him and doesn’t stitch him up with a useless bench role. Only issue for him is that he’ll be playing with DCE who is the worst game manager in the league.

If he has a big off season he should be in theory an improvement to the 5/8th spot providing he has a footy brain like kez. Why?
Bigger frame
More agile
More trick plays
Younger
I’m just not sure if the footy smarts and the will - this is what he needs to find along with fitness.

We'll see about Schuster. His talent is definitely that of a 5/8 not a second rower, a ball player.

The weight problem I would suspect is related to something to do with whats happening behind the scenes and his personal aspirations. Lets not see this problem in isolation. There's a reason he's put on weight and not playing well. One always has to look at motive. What is the cause.

This is a kid who has worked very hard to be where he is and to have shown like all first graders a lot of dedication, commitment, to reach the stage he has. To suggest he is lazy and overweight I believe is missing the point. Said this before. I think Manly made a mistake bringing in Foran, when they had someone on the rise who was the exceptional talent in his lower grade comps. That's not a reflection as I've said before about Foran. He's a hard working consistent player who has given Manly his best.

This is about a young player already well on the way to being a star, who is suddenly confronted with a decision to bring in someone else to take the position he was best suited for, and led to believe was his, other wise he would be playing for another club. Why that happened I don't know but I suspect it had a negative effect on Schuster and his self belief and drive. I suspect there are many experts out there who share this opinion. The kid was led to believe when Foran arrived, that Foran would probably be a back up and share hooking roles. That was actually suggested by Des early in the piece. I think Schuster has been led to believe something so he would sign with Manly that didn't eventuate.

And remember what Benji Marshal said when Schuster played his first game, and that was as five eighth, that it was the most impressive first game by a player he had seen. I'm sorry if this annoys a lot of Foran supporters out there, but I stress this is not about Foran. He's just a pawn in the game here. Its about a kid given to believe he was to play 5/8 and two years later he's still in the second row. So why is Schuster looking as if he almost seems disinterested and fatter. Look at the motive behind it. I just hope Des gives the kid his chance at 5/8 in '23 because otherwise I'm quite convinced he'll leave, and I said this in warning whe Foran first arrived if he played 5/8. To me this is one case where Des, who seems to have good people skills, has failed, possibly because of his favour for Foran, which was quite justified. But that said he should not have led Schuster into believing he had the 5/8 role, which he also stated early on.

And remember what Benji Marshal said when Schuster played his first game, and that was as five eighth, that it was the most impressive first game by a player he had seen.
Agree with most of your points, Bear, and that we need to give the kid opportunity and time before we judge him too harshly. But I think Benji was just blowing smoke after that debut game. It's also worth remembering that we ended up giving up a good lead and losing that game, and that Schuster was forced to leave the field through injury. That one game was a microcosm of the Schuster experience to date: plenty of talent, a good dose of hype, mixed with injury and a lack of results.

I believe Weekes is the most talented youngster in the Club alongside Latu Fainu. Just wish he could get a run - last few mins from the bench against Saints in the unfamiliar role of hooker was not fair on him. Surely we have nothing to lose now in giving him some decent first grade game time in his preferred positions. He is 20 and seven months older than Koula, so age should not be an issue.
He'll be picked up by someone else if we're not careful

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10