The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Schuster in the back row works well against weaker opposition. I think we just need a little extra grunt in the pack against the heavyweights. Nothing against schusters contributions ,

In saying that we havnt had a chance to do much this season due to injury.

With jake at lock, schuster , foran and DCE something has to give for me. with lawnton and walker on the bench i reckon we are a bit unbalanced and lawnton deserves his spot

If we were ever at full strength i dont see all of them starting due to the positions. Jake moves to prop maybe but that isnt happening. Something has to give next season id say

Schuster in the back row works well against weaker opposition. I think we just need a little extra grunt in the pack against the heavyweights. Nothing against schusters contributions ,

In saying that we havnt had a chance to do much this season due to injury.

With jake at lock, schuster , foran and DCE something has to give for me. with lawnton and walker on the bench i reckon we are a bit unbalanced and lawnton deserves his spot

If we were ever at full strength i dont see all of them starting due to the positions. Jake moves to prop maybe but that isnt happening. Something has to give next season id say
Agree with the need for more grunt against stronger opposition...

In saying that, I think Schuster can bring the grunt if he commits to it himself. He appears to be lacking in fitness and willingness to get dirty...His ball playing helped us execute the second Garrick try so he is still contributing but the stuff in between the highlight reel plays needs to improve.

We need only look as far as David Fafita for comparison. Where David relies on the barnstorming runs, Schu relies on the no-look pass or miracle offload. Both need to do the 1% stuff better.

Agree with the need for more grunt against stronger opposition...

In saying that, I think Schuster can bring the grunt if he commits to it himself. He appears to be lacking in fitness and willingness to get dirty...His ball playing helped us execute the second Garrick try so he is still contributing but the stuff in between the highlight reel plays needs to improve.

We need only look as far as David Fafita for comparison. Where David relies on the barnstorming runs, Schu relies on the no-look pass or miracle offload. Both need to do the 1% stuff better.
Never seen Fifita having to do10 or more tackles in a game and he has been on the end of some huge thrashings .Schuster looks home sick so let's hope this bloody covid ends soon so we can have our team playing at Brooky .

Never seen Fifita having to do10 or more tackles in a game and he has been on the end of some huge thrashings .Schuster looks home sick so let's hope this bloody covid ends soon so we can have our team playing at Brooky .
Fifita averages 21 tackles a match this season

Yeah I’m not doubting he’s knackered,just pointing out that Fifita gets through a few more than 10 a match
I would think he should be averaging over 40 by the points scored against them .Must have mistaken them for missed tackles .

Or maybe the problem is more that he spent the 6 weeks off snackered? @:D

He's only one of two forwards, Jake being the other, who consistently plays the full 80 minutes. Most of the other forwards play about 3/4 of a game. Even Croker gets a break more often than not.

Don't worry Bear he's one of my favourites, in fact I think I like him more due to not being the stereotypical tarzan fitness freak type.
His last game before injury he was a standout at 5/8 against the Eels, and his first game back he also was a standout at half against St Merge. However we need him as a forward for now so stop bloody snacking Josh @:D@:D@:D

Schuster averages 28. No wonder he looks fagged.
Fagged lets hope not ,not that there is anything wrong with that
1628560076901.png

He's only one of two forwards, Jake being the other, who consistently plays the full 80 minutes. Most of the other forwards play about 3/4 of a game. Even Croker gets a break more often than not.
It's pretty common for the 2 backrowers and lock to play 80 mins. Its clear he is playing overweight and "gassed" that's why there is a strong argument to only play him 60 minutes instead of the full 80. Especially when we have Lawton who is a great option sitting on the bench. Schuster will come good but like a lot of young rookies will need another full pre season to get on top shape. The elite fitness these NRL Ayers have doesn't happen overnight

No one is crucifying him but he is not perfect either. He is doing great things and not so great things...the truth can be in the middle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8