The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Which young NRL young gun has put on 5kg from spending too much time around the breakfast and dinner buffet at his team’s hotel on the Sunshine Coast? His form has suffered as a result.”
Would take this with a grain of salt. Last week, Schuster said in a podcast he'd lost 5 kg over recent weeks. Also, he has been playing well since his return from injury (form maybe down a little last night). Of course, his stand out game this season was in his best position as five eighth v. Eels in Rd 11.

I’m not into reading or listening to much of what Rothfield writes or says,but in his Telegraph column tonight-“
SHOOSH

Which young NRL young gun has put on 5kg from spending too much time around the breakfast and dinner buffet at his team’s hotel on the Sunshine Coast? His form has suffered as a result.”

I think all Manly fans know who he’s referring to

I saw it and thought the same thing, can’t say I’ve noticed him looking heavier over the last few weeks. His form hasn’t been horrible, but it’s plateaued a little.

I saw it and thought the same thing, can’t say I’ve noticed him looking heavier over the last few weeks. His form hasn’t been horrible, but it’s plateaued a little.
I thought he just lost 5 kilos with his additional lay off... and that was mainly pre qld bubble?

I thought he just lost 5 kilos with his additional lay off... and that was mainly pre qld bubble?

I suspect that's one of the reasons he wasn't playing, but that's only a suspicion. Wouldn't be surprised if Des had him running backwards up Darley Road in Manly opposite the Hospital which its claimed Des used to do to keep in shape.

So maybe he has just put that 5kg back on? He definitely looked slower. People will continue to argue this but I deadset reckon he is slower than Parker!
I am one of those ones that will continue to as you say argue .

No way he is slower than Parker . If you dont believe me ring Donny Singe :)

Foran is really enjoying playing next to Schu, as it makes him look quite nippy in comparison 😆
(Luckily Schu is not in the side to be a speedster, he has other qualities)

Foran is really enjoying playing next to Schu, as it makes him look quite nippy in comparison 😆
(Luckily Schu is not in the side to be a speedster, he has other qualities)

He's actually remarkable fast when he gets moving. Saw him a couple of times keeping up with DCE and not far behind Turbo. He has deceptive pace, as did Cliff Lyons. They dont look like they are moving but they're surprisingly fast. I remember seeing Wally Lewis, who also looks slow, leave opposition in their wake and yet not looking like he was moving that fast.

He's actually remarkable fast when he gets moving. Saw him a couple of times keeping up with DCE and not far behind Turbo. He has deceptive pace, as did Cliff Lyons. They dont look like they are moving but they're surprisingly fast. I remember seeing Wally Lewis, who also looks slow, leave opposition in their wake and yet not looking like he was moving that fast.
I agree . Schu also has remarkable acceleration when he steps players and makes line breaks

I’m not into reading or listening to much of what Rothfield writes or says,but in his Telegraph column tonight-“
SHOOSH

yes agreed - thought the same thing myself

SHOOSH

Well Des made it a priority to get Suli in line, the funny thing is Suli has not looked as fit as he does right now and can’t or doesn’t get to see any game time, Maybe it’s time for some Des intervention on the buffet front, joking but some Des intervention maybe required, Suli style.

If Manly had more of the pill against the Storm , Schuster probably would have some more opportunities in attack . Probably an experience thing as well , adjusting to a well organized defence such as the Storm but obviously he has that bit of an X factor and is a naturally strong runner of the footy so he will soon learn to make the most of that against the better opposition sides .Probably does need just that bit more effort to read the play better in defence and commit to a tackle , only needs that extra effort , strong and agile enough , just an attitude thing no doubt . Think that Oloka - atu was used really well against the Storm , just running a bit wide of the ruck and troubling their defence . Knows how to aim up in defence which has always seemed a feature for him .

He is quicker than he looks but you've gotta get this Cliff Lyons comparison out of your system mate...every time Schu is mentioned, you find a way to reference Cliff Lyons; you're obsessed!

He is quicker than he looks but you've gotta get this Cliff Lyons comparison out of your system mate...every time Schu is mentioned, you find a way to reference Cliff Lyons; you're obsessed!
Lol, yeah I don't think Cliffy ever got up to 117 kilos!

I have a Napper obsession but its not a big one. Kind of medium sized, certainly not overblown, unless I'm feeling low and I need a pick me up. Then my fetish takes on a deep spiritual glow that transcends the game and I again know all well. Maybe my obsession isn't as great as Bozo's obsession for Fulton. But I'm hopeful that in time it will reach that level and all will be well.

I have a Napper obsession but its not a big one. Kind of medium sized, certainly not overblown, unless I'm feeling low and I need a pick me up. Then my fetish takes on a deep spiritual glow that transcends the game and I again know all well. Maybe my obsession isn't as great as Bozo's obsession for Fulton. But I'm hopeful that in time it will reach that level and all will be well.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Lawton start and Schuster come off the bench.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8