The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not sure Schuster has the physical attributes to dominate at this level just yet. He is slower than Parker and seems to be playing overweight, he needs to lose some fat and gain a few kg of muscle. He's probably finding the daily grind of NRL a bit tougher than expected. I'm sure he will get there but needs another good pre season to get him in peak condition.
He a 6 we seen what he did v parra.

He was strong I thought until the last 20, and Hughes made a line break on his inside.

In hindsight bringing Lawton to left edge might have been good after 60 min, given the fatigue of so much defence.

However Des knew we needed points and schuster has the X factor. Tough decision.

He was strong I thought until the last 20, and Hughes made a line break on his inside.

In hindsight bringing Lawton to left edge might have been good after 60 min, given the fatigue of so much defence.

However Des knew we needed points and schuster has the X factor. Tough decision.
It was Sipley not pushing from the inside that let Hughes made that break.

Lets not forget of course that not only is Schuster only 20 (most forwards don't reach their prime until they reach about 23-24 and their body has hardened), he also according the Zero Tackle averages 28 tackles a game (one of the highest efficiency rates at Manly in tackling) and does some of the other grunt work as well as being one of our primary ball players. Little wonder he's stuffed by games end, given he's one of the forwards who is on the field, along with Jake, for the full 80 minutes in all games.

I'm not sure Schuster has the physical attributes to dominate at this level just yet. He is slower than Parker and seems to be playing overweight, he needs to lose some fat and gain a few kg of muscle. He's probably finding the daily grind of NRL a bit tougher than expected. I'm sure he will get there but needs another good pre season to get him in peak condition.

Agree, he is and will be a great player ... whether at 5/8 or on an edge ... the 80min grind for 30 seconds of stardom in first grade is always a challenge for age superstars who are used to carving up teams ... mentally, every bit as much as physically ... but he has adjusted well ..

But be careful of what you say Robbo ... when I said last week that his defense gets sloppy late in a game when he tires the numbnuts got all hissie fitty ... they can't tell the difference between an observation and criticism ..

I accept some of what you are saying there Robbo. But slower than Parker? I dont think so. He was keeping up with DCE in several runs I was watching over several matches and DCE is certainly not slow.

He was solid but didn't have the impact in attack that I was hoping for. But that's a lot to do with how the Storm defend - they try to rush up on the ball players to shut down the spread of the ball, then hold down forever in the tackles so they can reset their line. Failing that they just run out from an offside position. The referee awards a six again to the opposition one out of about every 20 times that they do it.

At least the referee called the play back a few times when the tackled player moved off the mark to put the markers out of position. They do that every play too. Unfortunately he didn't call it back the two times that it led directly to tries.

Agree, he is and will be a great player ... whether at 5/8 or on an edge ... the 80min grind for 30 seconds of stardom in first grade is always a challenge for age superstars who are used to carving up teams ... mentally, every bit as much as physically ... but he has adjusted well ..

But be careful of what you say Robbo ... when I said last week that his defense gets sloppy late in a game when he tires the numbnuts got all hissie fitty ... they can't tell the difference between an observation and criticism ..
Same as when I first started this thread at the start of the year. It seems some are not allowed to he criticised.

Same as when I first started this thread at the start of the year. It seems some are not allowed to he criticised.

Criticism is fine as long as its not generalised in such a manner that it implies that its the norm and ergo an accepted position, rather than just a personal opinion. That's what shock jocks do. Imply the exception is in some way to be accepted as the norm. And having criticism as a constructive component is always productive. And of course to criticise does not forbid others to make constructive criticism of the criticiser.

Criticism is fine as long as its not generalised in such a manner that it implies that its the norm and ergo an accepted position, rather than just a personal opinion. That's what shock jocks do. Imply the exception is in some way to be accepted as the norm. And having criticism as a constructive component is always productive. And of course to criticise does not forbid others to make constructive criticism of the criticiser.
It's not just shock jocks that is for sure(that would imply it is only a right wing character trait)

But i see your point.

Trouble is TC, Shock Jocks have the ear of such a huge number of the population. Goebbels would be proud of them.
And so do many other media personalities that are not shock jocks.

I can't stand right wing shock jocks as much as I can't stand left wing softer versions of shock jock with a smile on their face.
One of the reasons why Trump became popular.

And so do many other media personalities that are not shock jocks.

I can't stand right wing shock jocks as much as I can't stand left wing softer versions of shock jock with a smile on their face.
One of the reasons why Trump became popular.

I wont get into why but to me Trump, Xi and Murdock are presently the most dangerous people on the planet. I could discuss this further and understand I was raised as a conservative, but its not the forum. What he offers is dangerous for the democratic system we have in this country, no question and he controls most media here in Australia. He controls opinion.

I’m not into reading or listening to much of what Rothfield writes or says,but in his Telegraph column tonight-“
SHOOSH

Which young NRL young gun has put on 5kg from spending too much time around the breakfast and dinner buffet at his team’s hotel on the Sunshine Coast? His form has suffered as a result.”

I think all Manly fans know who he’s referring to

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8