The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Kept up with Garrick.... Haha classic!

You obviously missed it. Garrick was going full speed down the side line and who was in support. Walker and Schuster. I've seen Schuster keep up with DCE. I think you're missing when he stretches out. I can assure you what I saw was not Haa haa

To be fair Garrick had to negotiate 2 small speed bumps in Gutho and Moses.

Garrick did but he then stretched out full pelt. And Schuster was there with Walker when he needed to pass. Watch again. I'm not suggesting he's as fast as Garrick, Saab or Turbo. But I am saying definitely he is quite quick, especially off the mark and if you watch, and I hope you do, he is often one of the support players outside a break. Not bad for a player who averages 28 tackles a match. Not sure what you guys expect.

Last edited:
You obviously missed it. Garrick was going full speed down the side line and who was in support. Walker and Schuster. I've seen Schuster keep up with DCE. I think you're missing when he stretches out. I can assure you what I saw was not Haa haa
But somehow got ran down 30m out with no one near him. He's not fast at all! Garrick would beat Schuster by 15m over 100m

Is this the one? Seems Schuster has a 5m headstart and Garrick had caught him within 15m haha

Attachments

• 20210815_203112.jpg
    20210815_203112.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210815_203132.jpg
    20210815_203132.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 27
On his junior days, Schuster seemed to have reasonable natural speed, but his body shape & weight has changed considerably since then. In the coming off season, maybe he should train to reduce his weight to 105 kg. This wouldn't diminish his skills but should enhance his stamina & speed. At the 45 second mark of this video he scores a 90 metres intercept try - something a slow runner couldn't do (he doesn't appear to be running fast though)

He has more than 10 metres head start on Garrick and Garrick zooms past in a flash.
Wouldn't be surprised if the reason Garrick decided to steamroll over Gutho and Moses was that the only nearby support was slow-coach Schuster :)

It doesn't matter if the Shoe can hoof it with a winger. He's found a home in the edge forwards where his fast football brain and his fast football hands are much more valuable. I don't remember Arty Beetson scoring any length of the field tries.

It doesn't matter if the Shoe can hoof it with a winger. He's found a home in the edge forwards where his fast football brain and his fast football hands are much more valuable. I don't remember Arty Beetson scoring any length of the field tries.
Nor was Glen Stewart a speedster and we all remember how important he was to that squad. Its about balance and strike across the park. Wingers and outside backs need to be much faster than edge forwards. We have wonderful balance in a highly talented squad. I’m loving it!

It doesn't matter if the Shoe can hoof it with a winger. He's found a home in the edge forwards where his fast football brain and his fast football hands are much more valuable. I don't remember Arty Beetson scoring any length of the field tries
Mute point. I dont ever recall seeing Arty beetson play.

Just recall Schuster finishing off a movement and scoring against the Broncs in magic round and Milford making up little ground on him so Schuster looked quick enough then . If he has dropped a yard or so since then for whatever reason, [ and i am sure it would only be marginal if it has occurred ] not that relevant i think , he still has the necessary ability and strength to be a threat in attack , even against the better defences . Doesn't have to score run away tries and again still seems mobile enough for his present role .

Shuey looks like he is caught up with the buffet and this bloody lockdown .As long as he is doing his second row duties that's all we ask of him .Let's judge his exact speed when he looses 10kgs. and starts playing 6 . Interesting to hear a few on here that wanted Ruben sacked after the first 4 rounds complaining he was slow ,etc etc .

Shuey looks like he is caught up with the buffet and this bloody lockdown .
Maybe his calf injury has restricted the amount of running training he can do. For whatever reason, he doesn't appear to be totally well/fit (IMO).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10