The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

47MVEagle

Bencher
Schu is a big guy, he looked bigger than Spud Carroll when he interviewed him after the Parramatta game, so I don’t think he’s ever going to be able to get down to the likes of 85-90kgs without draining himself & losing a lot of strength.

I reckon 100-105kgs is probably his ideal weight.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
There was a Manly player whos name was The Shu
He had so many skills he didn't know what to do

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Schu is a big guy, he looked bigger than Spud Carroll when he interviewed him after the Parramatta game, so I don’t think he’s ever going to be able to get down to the likes of 85-90kgs without draining himself & losing a lot of strength.

It is more about getting his frame fit and agile than about a certain weight
Body weight is relevant to each body type

KNUCKLES

Bencher

Problem is he is still young. If his having trouble now with his weight, it ain't gonna get any easier the older he gets. I feel like this will be an ongoing issue/headline throughout Josh's career. I like Josh and the skill set and potential he has to offer. Only doubts I have is if we will ever really see the fruits of it consistently. Owen Craigie and feleti Springs to mind. They both had up and down careers. Now, if he wasn't on big dollars I think most could live with the investment/risk. But if reports are true, he is in the top tier of high earners, can we afford too?Also, as some have alluded to about riccios insight into rugby league, or there lack of..I don't think you can really blame him for asking the question or speaking perhaps some hard truths around schuey due to his contract size. Rugby league or not.. his deal has been extremely mismanaged. Which seems to be an ongoing theme under the Penn regime. Anyways, just my thoughts... hopefully the kid can prove all the haters/critics wrong. Because we need him too

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Problem is he is still young. If his having trouble now with his weight, it ain't gonna get any easier the older he gets.
I disagree with this
It not about our age . It is about our attitude and the habits we create
Habits can change at any age and when they do so do we
592239-Jack-Canfield-Quote-Your-habits-will-determine-your-future.jpg

KNUCKLES

Bencher
I disagree with this
It not about our age . It is about our attitude and the habits we create
Habits can change at any age and when they do so do we
592239-Jack-Canfield-Quote-Your-habits-will-determine-your-future.jpg
As we age we naturally tend to gain weight, to the tune of 1 to 2 pounds (lb) per year, according to a review by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. That may not seem like much, but over time it can lead to significant weight gain and, in some cases, obesity, which is considered to be a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher.

“Obesity incidence starts increasing in one’s twenties and peaks at 40 to 59, and then decreases slightly after age 60,” says Craig Primack, MD, an obesity medicine physician at the Scottsdale Weight Loss Center in Arizona.

Not everyone will become overweight as they age, because body weight is highly influenced by a person's genetic makeup, level of physical activity, and food choices, Dr. Primack says. “We sometimes say genetics loads the gun and lifestyle pulls the trigger,” he says. Still, everyone will find it harder to maintain or lose weight with each passing year.

Now I do understand your comment bbout habits and attitude. Which ofcourse helps in every aspect in life and will help slow down the rate of weight gain, but the science literally backs my initial comments. It gets harder the older you get. Shuey Is struggling with it now, is it because of attitude and habits? More than likely. Is he gonna get heavier as he matures? Without a doubt

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
There should be no question as to Schuster's ability and his value as a five eighth. He is potentially one of the best.

The issue is getting confused here about ability and commitment. His commitment may be an issue, though we aren't in the know so that's just conjecture. But it does seem there is something amiss which the club obviously knows about and Seib and DCE alluded to.

But that has nothing to do with his talent, or value as a five eighth. That's a totally different issue and its been shown several times in the past when he's on song, he is outstanding. If he produces the talent he is capable of, he is easily worth $800,000 a season, if that's what he's getting.

But lets get it into perspective. Turbo played in 2019, 2020, 2022 a total of 26 games. That was 1/3 of the games available and he gets over a million a season. Its frustrating but we all expect the Turbo of 2021 and as Seib says that was unlikely to be repeated. Schuster missed half a season last year but played a full season the year before. He's struggling with injury this year but these things happen.

It maybe he deals with injuries poorly or maybe its something else entirely. But to suggest he is not worth having in the side when fit is like saying Turbo is a waste missing the equivalent of two seasons in games over the past five years. I would hate Manly to be facing a fit Schubert playing for SC, Parramatta, Souths etc.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
As we age we naturally tend to gain weight, to the tune of 1 to 2 pounds (lb) per year, according to a review by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. That may not seem like much, but over time it can lead to significant weight gain and, in some cases, obesity, which is considered to be a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher.

“Obesity incidence starts increasing in one’s twenties and peaks at 40 to 59, and then decreases slightly after age 60,” says Craig Primack, MD, an obesity medicine physician at the Scottsdale Weight Loss Center in Arizona.

Not everyone will become overweight as they age, because body weight is highly influenced by a person's genetic makeup, level of physical activity, and food choices, Dr. Primack says. “We sometimes say genetics loads the gun and lifestyle pulls the trigger,” he says. Still, everyone will find it harder to maintain or lose weight with each passing year.

Now I do understand your comment bbout habits and attitude. Which ofcourse helps in every aspect in life and will help slow down the rate of weight gain, but the science literally backs my initial comments. It gets harder the older you get. Shuey Is struggling with it now, is it because of attitude and habits? More than likely. Is he gonna get heavier as he matures? Without a doubt
I understand how our metabolism slows down as we age
But at the end of the day its mind over matter and the mind over rules the body

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
It's time if we can to unload this useless log. Even the Tigers wouldn't be desperate enough to take this myth.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seriously, if we have signed Flanno as cover for DCE during SOO, the Shu is as good as gone.

The language from the captain and coach is not great reading
Deleting social media does not bode well.

I fear a "club in crisis" is about to hit.

Good luck Siebs.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I said it the other day. DCEs stupid comments about Schyster has clearly created another rift in the club. I bet anything that this place falls apart totally from here on just like last year's fiasco. This club is a fuking basketcase full of over inflated and over paid prima donnas and myths. It'll be another decade before this club will even look like it's competitive.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I said it the other day. DCEs stupid comments about Schyster has clearly created another rift in the club. I bet anything that this place falls apart totally from here on just like last year's fiasco. This club is a fuking basketcase full of over inflated and over paid prima donnas and myths. It'll be another decade before this club will even look like it's competitive.
We are becoming the new tigers
It's so embarssing following us right now.
We are the laughing stock of the league

Nordburg

First Grader
What you call “stupid comments”the club will call planned

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18