The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I look back at the cluster f*#k with DCE’s contract over a decade ago and I believe that decision alone was probably the worst one we ever made and we are still paying for it to this day. And I say that with no malice towards DCE whatsoever, that was on the club.

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
Tipping Member
I said it the other day. DCEs stupid comments about Schyster has clearly created another rift in the club. I bet anything that this place falls apart totally from here on just like last year's fiasco. This club is a fuking basketcase full of over inflated and over paid prima donnas and myths. It'll be another decade before this club will even look like it's competitive.

For the sake of your mental health, you really should consider supporting another team.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
For the sake of your mental health, you really should consider supporting another team.
I disagree. I think Mick is probably in a healthier space than most. I don’t always agree with him and I don’t always feel comfortable with the venom in his posts, but they often speak to a part of all of us and how we feel.

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
Tipping Member
I disagree. I think Mick is probably in a healthier space than most. I don’t always agree with him and I don’t always feel comfortable with the venom in his posts, but they often speak to a part of all of us and how we feel.
It’s 95% dribble and vitriol.
People need to have a long hard look at the way they speak on here. It’s becoming unbearable.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
People need to have a long hard look at the way they speak on here. It’s becoming unbearable.
That’s your opinion and personal experience, which is cool. I actually enjoy his posts. It’s healthy to bring out the whole range of thoughts and feelings amongst the group, IMO.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I think it's coming from a good place (that being we are all mostly here because we love our team and want them to perform their best).
We just have different ways expressing it.
I've had a few chuckles at some of his phrases throughout the years (sorry Mick if that was not your intention 🙂).

Daddycool

Reserve Grader
I look back at the cluster f*#k with DCE’s contract over a decade ago and I believe that decision alone was probably the worst one we ever made and we are still paying for it to this day. And I say that with no malice towards DCE whatsoever, that was on the club.
Yep, I’ve made similar statements in the past. Players like Schuster don’t come along very often. He’s going through a rough time at the moment but he’s a generational talent and someone to build a club around.
I couldn’t believe the club chose to publicly admonish the kid like that. As a comparison, refer to how the Roosters handled demoting Walker.
I’m really hoping he finds his way back but I’m starting to worry, he won’t.

D

Deleted member 26876

The issue is getting confused here about ability and commitment. His commitment may be an issue, though we aren't in the know so that's just conjecture. But it does seem there is something amiss which the club obviously knows about and Seib and DCE alluded to.

But that has nothing to do with his talent, or value as a five eighth. That's a totally different issue and its been shown several times in the past when he's on song, he is outstanding. If he produces the talent he is capable of, he is easily worth $800,000 a season, if that's what he's getting.

But lets get it into perspective. Turbo played in 2019, 2020, 2022 a total of 26 games. That was 1/3 of the games available and he gets over a million a season. Its frustrating but we all expect the Turbo of 2021 and as Seib says that was unlikely to be repeated. Schuster missed half a season last year but played a full season the year before. He's struggling with injury this year but these things happen.

It maybe he deals with injuries poorly or maybe its something else entirely. But to suggest he is not worth having in the side when fit is like saying Turbo is a waste missing the equivalent of two seasons in games over the past five years. I would hate Manly to be facing a fit Schubert playing for SC, Parramatta, Souths etc.

He can show all the potential in the world but I dont think a top team would fall at their knees for him like our management have. There’s obviously been motives behind the scenes because Schuster literally did nothing in 2022 to warrant his current role, let alone ****ing off Foz who is apparently on only $300K.

If he fails in this halves bid (his own fault for putting so much pressure on himself) than i’d be fine for his Manager to push him elsewhere. Just target him in defence and hope he doesnt pull a freakish pass for the 2-15 minute period where he looks on.

Last edited by a moderator:

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If Schuster gets shopped, do we again have a divided team with the collective Pasifika noses out of joint?

Or it it already not a happy family as it looks now?

Poker games and coffee dates my arse.

Tartak v Moses.

Winner takes on Mestrov.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18