The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Josh has been in the elite athletes pathways programs for at least 6 years ... with access to, and advice from a virtual host of trainers, nutritionists, sports phycologists, coaches and not least a highly paid personal manager .. with just one common objective ... to see that Josh fulfils his potential and is successful.

He is now in his third year as a full time professional rugby league palyer ... he stopped being a rookie 2 years ago ... he is a veteran of 40 1st grade games ... and an adult.

I'm well and truly over the narrative that he is young and needs time ... I m even more over the it's Dessie's fault, or it's the medical staff's fault ...

His own Captain has even taken the extraordinary step of publicly saying .. if he wants to succeed he has to work hard ...

If and when he does deliver on his talent .. I will cheer his deeds and marvel at his skill, and blow smoke up his butt with the rest of the fans ...

However, as long as he continues to present overweight and unfit ... I will continue to consider him an unfit, lazy barge arrse .

D

Deleted member 26876

Whoever paid him $800k 2 years ago is an idiot.

I think it's quite an interesting topic. To bide some time before the game today I gave a quick look into the two interviews/articles from around the time where things seemed to be going down...

"The manager of rising star Josh Schuster, who has been ruled out of Saturday’s game with a calf complaint, has reportedly reminded the Sea Eagles of a promise he would be moved into a playmaking role after beginning his NRL career in the backrow.
Any new deal for Foran would undoubtedly cause Hasler an unwanted headache.
Hasler was asked about Foran’s future ...
“This isn’t the forum for that discussion,” Hasler said bluntly.
Foran has rediscovered his best football since returning to the Sea Eagles in 2021."

On Monday, Nine revealed the back-rower was eager to be handed the No6 jersey after being allegedly promised the role long-term.
Hasler swiftly shut down a reporter when asked whether there was any truth in the speculations.
'There is that intent and there is that opportunity down the road, but at the moment he is doing a great job playing where he is,' Hasler said.
'Where he is playing suits the side really well.'

While there's a perception of him being an overly loyal coach, it doesn't sound like Hasler was prepared to gaurantee Schuster anything without him earning it first. Trying to connect the dots it appears the Fulton's wanted to push Schu and promised him the 5/8 spot after a breakout 21' season. I can imagine them saying he'll have to wait no longer than 23', and promise $$ to increase substaintially in his contract. But by early 22' Foran was outplaying dce and Schuster was reportedly being challenged to improve his fitness. Schu's manager presses the big red button, leaks the promise, agitates and before we knew it Foran --> Titans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh has been in the elite athletes pathways programs for at least 6 years ... with access to, and advice from a virtual host of trainers, nutritionists, sports phycologists, coaches and not least a highly paid personal manager .. with just one common objective ... to see that Josh fulfils his potential and is successful.

He is now in his third year as a full time professional rugby league palyer ... he stopped being a rookie 2 years ago ... he is a veteran of 40 1st grade games ... and an adult.

I'm well and truly over the narrative that he is young and needs time ... I m even more over the it's Dessie's fault, or it's the medical staff's fault ...

His own Captain has even taken the extraordinary step of publicly saying .. if he wants to succeed he has to work hard ...

If and when he does deliver on his talent .. I will cheer his deeds and marvel at his skill, and blow smoke up his butt with the rest of the fans ...

However, as long as he continues to present overweight and unfit ... I will continue to consider him an unfit, lazy barge arrse .
But @Woodsie, I know if you just take the time to see if we approach this with compassion and empathy we can find out what safe space we need to nurture so that Josh can take the time on his journey, which isn't about winning at the end of the day, and we can all come away from this better respectful connected people.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
But @Woodsie, I know if you just take the time to see if we approach this with compassion and empathy we can find out what safe space we need to nurture so that Josh can take the time on his journey, which isn't about winning at the end of the day, and we can all come away from this better respectful connected people.

I have been patient and respectful for 3 years ... it's tough love time .. shape up or ....

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
I have been patient and respectful for 3 years ... it's tough love time .. shape up or ....

Can’t disagree with that. Hopefully this will be a line in the sand moment for him. He has some good Pacifica lads to look up to. Paseka & Hamoule to name a couple. Both are extremely fit this year.

Adz

Reserve Grader
I am not saying that it is you,just responding to this post,I think some people are just suggesting some people are penis heads when behind a keyboard.
We are all sure he can deal with criticism and wankers.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Maybe he should get one of those phycologists to fix that troublesome phy of his. @:D

So I was just thinking (yes, a problem) but are we jumping to conclusions a bit about him consuming crap food etc. I mean, he's had a calf and a thigh (or phy) injury which I'm assuming means he hasn't been able to do the normal running and related fitness work. I guess there is other upper body cardio work he can do but maybe his metabolism is such that he is prone to weight gain if he is not full on with his fitness work. Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses for him.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Maybe he should get one of those phycologists to fix that troublesome phy of his. @:D

So I was just thinking (yes, a problem) but are we jumping to conclusions a bit about him consuming crap food etc. I mean, he's had a calf and a thigh (or phy) injury which I'm assuming means he hasn't been able to do the normal running and related fitness work. I guess there is other upper body cardio work he can do but maybe his metabolism is such that he is prone to weight gain if he is not full on with his fitness work. Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses for him.
As long as he is not looking for excuses for himself he'll be okay.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Please ... I'm not saying I agree with this story or believe it .. just appeared in my feed .. 4 hours old .. rest of story behind pay wall .

WHY MANLY SHOULD NEGOTIATE RELEASE OF JOSH SCHUSTER

How Manly must fix Josh Schuster’s $800k deal burning hole in their salary cap​

Manly’s detailed recovery plan for Josh Schuster should be as much about getting the young gun back into first grade as it should be putting him back into the shop window.

David Riccio

April 29, 2023 - 8:00AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

NRL: Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has called on young gun Josh Schuster to ensure he gets his body right in order to work his way back into the team.

If Manly aren’t thinking about severing ties with Josh Schuster now, they should be.
If Manly aren’t thinking about brokering a deal with a rival club, that includes chipping in to pay for a large portion of his impossible-to-fathom $800,000 contract, it’s irresponsible salary cap management.

Saabnaldo

Reserve Grader
Because if he doesn't play 6, he (his manager) doesn't get the big bucks.

I believe it really is that simple.
Yeah that is true. Manly really shot themselves in the foot putting him on a 800k contract before seeing how he went as a consistent 6

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Please ... I'm not saying I agree with this story or believe it .. just appeared in my feed .. 4 hours old .. rest of story behind pay wall .

WHY MANLY SHOULD NEGOTIATE RELEASE OF JOSH SCHUSTER

How Manly must fix Josh Schuster’s $800k deal burning hole in their salary cap​

Manly’s detailed recovery plan for Josh Schuster should be as much about getting the young gun back into first grade as it should be putting him back into the shop window.

David Riccio

April 29, 2023 - 8:00AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

NRL: Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has called on young gun Josh Schuster to ensure he gets his body right in order to work his way back into the team.

If Manly aren’t thinking about severing ties with Josh Schuster now, they should be.
If Manly aren’t thinking about brokering a deal with a rival club, that includes chipping in to pay for a large portion of his impossible-to-fathom $800,000 contract, it’s irresponsible salary cap management.
If we win today, we will regain second place (no doubt, unpopular with many)

Attacks on two fronts at present - Kyle Flanagan & Schuster (maybe add Turbo's injuries?)

Wonder what the next scuttlebutt will be?

BEWARE THE ENEMY FROM WITHOUT!

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That is just click bait BS .Honestly if they werent RL "journalists" they would be selling used cars or on street corners with tin cups. They are talentless bottom feeder hacks whose job is to sensationalise anything they can find.
I would also say that they are so bereft of creativity that they trawl thru sites like this looking for story seeds from disgruntled fans that they can then blow up from carraway seed to pumpkin
They are just not worth listening to let alone reading .

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
My take is that the anointing of Josh in the juniors - while we had a stacked junior squad - as a #6 has largely contributed to this current situation.

He forwent the experience of playing in the back-row as a junior, and at NRL level to date has been very ordinary at some of the main responsibilities of a second rower... like rolling up his sleeves to do hit-ups, hole-running and getting the ball over the advantage line for the rest of the team. This means that despite his size, he really isn't a good option as a second rower at this point... until he can demonstrate otherwise.

Because of his skill set he has all the makings of an excellent #6... but if he doesn't use his large frame to occasionally do some of the tasks of a second-rower... then I don't see any advantages of him being 105+ kg instead of 85-90kg.

Now usually it would not be a big problem if a 21-year old footballer doesn't have a complete build, football mentality and skill-set... but if they are in their his third full NRL season as a professional being paid a reported $800k per year... it is a problem. We need him to start producing consistently.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18