The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

winnyason

Bencher
Kids has similar body shape to king wally. He needs to take a leaf from the king in regard to gritty and hard-nosed.
His talent is there but it other areas

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Kids has similar body shape to king wally. He needs to take a leaf from the king in regard to gritty and hard-nosed.
His talent is there but it other areas
Wally was the king at not getting tackled. He'd hospital pass anyone to avoid it.

Adz

Reserve Grader
If you go back and have a look, he was called "soft" "KFC Slug" and "Tampon". I'm not offended or crusading, just suggesting that in spite of his injuries (be it self-inflicted or bad luck), we should be kind and forgiving of a fellow human being. That's all.
I agree that posters should be more compassionate in their posts(I have heard pussy used to describe him etc...)however you mentioned the word naive in your original post.
Being nice is not how social media or silvertails operates,but you are right that no one here has a clue to the truth but believes they do.
Naive or delusional with a touch of narcissism?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I agree that posters should be more compassionate in their posts(I have heard pussy used to describe him etc...)however you mentioned the word naive in your original post.
Being nice is not how social media or silvertails operates,but you are right that no one here has a clue to the truth but believes they do.
Naive or delusional with a touch of narcissism?
I’ve been saying for the 15 years I’ve been a member here “ I hope the players don’t come on as lurkers because ST can be brutal”.

Don’t think it’ll be any different after Leonard’s post, or next week , next month or next season.

Most come on here to vent , and everyone is in the firing line.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Riccio is saying we should move him on. That would be a big mistake.

Let's get his body right he will be a star. But the club now knows going forward when he's out injuried they need to micro manage his diet and activity. Maintaining weight is bloody hard for some people. I know this well.

But righting this kid off will come back and bite us.

alafua siaosi

Reserve Grader
What's immediately obvious about this thread is that there are two factions; Schuster fans and sceptics.

The sceptics believe he is overweight, lazy, and overpaid at 800k. He is the cause of his injuries due to a lack of professionalism.

The fans believe he is suffering from bad luck and poor management at the hands of our coaching staff, he is not lazy, and his 800k figure is an inflated falsity, sprouted by spineless News Limited journos.

Neither are prepared to budge on their position, and yet spend copious amounts of time angrily trying to convince the other of their superior insights.

The truth is probably somewhere in between both extremes.

Personally, I sympathise with Josh in the sense that his body is letting him down. He is a human being after all and if he is struggling to sustain motivation and find discipline in the way he eats, trains, and rehabilitates injuries, that is not cause for ridicule, hatred or condemnation. He is just a kid and he will learn. He will bounce back.

In saying that, one does not need to be Einstein to read between the lines of what's been said publicly in the media. To deny that there is an issue going on behind closed doors, that it's all a manufactured media ****storm, is extremely naive. He did work hard in the most recent preseason after publicly stating that DCE gave him a bake and he responded. Does that mean he will never falter again? Of course not. The idea that he has 'slipped' into bad habits again, is not so far fetched for a player with self-confessed shortcomings. The long and the short of it is, something's up again.

Personally, I believe he is on close to the 800k deal speculated, in spite of it being signed in 2021. He was earmarked/promised the 6 jumper long before Foz even considered a home coming. We're told it was a condition of his signature at the time. The deal could have been incremental (i.e. 500k in 21, 600k in 22 and 800k in 23, etc.). Time will tell if it's a smart investment but if that's what Josh was offered, he is entitled to sign it. That's my personal belief but certainly not a fact. I tend to think unless you've seen the contract with your own eyes, it's hypocritical to emphatically state the 800k figure is made up...maybe it is 'made up' but suggesting that it definitely was, is no better or worse than making up the initial figure in the first place.

Talented player? Yes.
On lots of money? Yes.
Work to do? Yes.
You have summed this up the best with all the points you have mentioned .Now it is up to Schuster to get fit and healthy , then turn up and do his stuff on the paddock .Let's go Manly .

Let's get his body right he will be a star. But the club now knows going forward when he's out injuried they need to micro manage his diet and activity. Maintaining weight is bloody hard for some people. I know this well.

Riccio has the least Rugby League knowledge of any journalist masquerading as one currently. He wouldn't even know how to place a steeden on a kicking tee without falling over in the process.

He comes up with one outlandish idea on a weekend then flails that necrotic equine until Monday across every platform he can.

Shuster has been injured this year - so what. The one game he played he was the best in field.

Maybe the twenty-one year old got frustrated after putting in so much hard work over the off season and sacrificing a world cup tour only to have a setback again, AND AGAIN, and see his team-mates playing and winning and experiencing that 'new morale'.

The WINGER from the Roosters who can't defend at centre and isn't fit to play fullback yet consistently is younger and has been on a guaranteed $700K since he was 16 and not even allowed to play, just hoodwinked the chooks into another deal and then signed with RA.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Riccio has done it again . His Job is Controversial Drama and he has ruffled a few feathers on here

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member

I know what you're saying Cameron. I've always struggled with my weight, never gets any easier.

Strangely though, I've noticed there are some players who can be slightly overweight and still play great while there are others (and Schu is the gold standard example) who seem to lose all energy the minute the kilos start to mount. I really don't know what the solution is if he is unable to find the discipline needed to keep it off.

Discipline what? Might just get myself another full fat flat white.

Aah, that's better.

Jerry1

First Grader
I’ve been saying for the 15 years I’ve been a member here “ I hope the players don’t come on as lurkers because ST can be brutal”.

Don’t think it’ll be any different after Leonard’s post, or next week , next month or next season.

Most come on here to vent , and everyone is in the firing line.
I doubt that the players would give a crap about what us chubby arm chair warriors post on here. Too busy spending their enormous salary’s and laughing at us trying to pay the kayo bill. ;)

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's Josh's birthday next week, a perfect time to make some strong resolutions about his immediate future.

With his talent I don't think there's any danger of him not having a long career in NRL. The real question is, will he be a star - and continue to earn big money - or merely be a talented bit player, a la Feleti Mateo for example.

We all want him to be a star - not for his sake but for our sake, and Manly's sake! So he's under a huge amount of pressure right now because he's not a young kid with potential, he's on big money and Manly were counting on him to be our 5/8. Coach and captain have made his struggle public, which as an outsider it almost seems like a desperation move.

Anyhow I wish him well either way, of course ideally he can unlock whatever is holding him back.
Go Josh!

manly al

First Grader
Surely there is every prospect that Shu can still maintain his discipline weight and fitness wise with the dedication he showed in the off season . Looked quite mobile and effective in his i st few outings this season , probably should not have played last week if he was not quite right to go . Understand the priority to have him on the paddock but whatever type of injuries he is experiencing now or recently and his body type make up , really has to be in the almost total recovery stage to resume playing . Can 't help bad luck and don 't think that it is unrealistic for that not to change in due course . Plenty of other players have gone through the same situation and come good long term . Bit overdue with Turbo admittedly but again one can only hope

winnyason

Bencher
It's Josh's birthday next week, a perfect time to make some strong resolutions about his immediate future.

With his talent I don't think there's any danger of him not having a long career in NRL. The real question is, will he be a star - and continue to earn big money - or merely be a talented bit player, a la Feleti Mateo for example.

We all want him to be a star - not for his sake but for our sake, and Manly's sake! So he's under a huge amount of pressure right now because he's not a young kid with potential, he's on big money and Manly were counting on him to be our 5/8. Coach and captain have made his struggle public, which as an outsider it almost seems like a desperation move.

Anyhow I wish him well either way, of course ideally he can unlock whatever is holding him back.
Go Josh!
Mateo is a great compare. We need kid to come good talent there I hope he takes what chez said onboard.

alafua siaosi

Reserve Grader
Riccio has the least Rugby League knowledge of any journalist masquerading as one currently. He wouldn't even know how to place a steeden on a kicking tee without falling over in the process.

He comes up with one outlandish idea on a weekend then flails that necrotic equine until Monday across every platform he can.

Shuster has been injured this year - so what. The one game he played he was the best in field.

Maybe the twenty-one year old got frustrated after putting in so much hard work over the off season and sacrificing a world cup tour only to have a setback again, AND AGAIN, and see his team-mates playing and winning and experiencing that 'new morale'.

The WINGER from the Roosters who can't defend at centre and isn't fit to play fullback yet consistently is younger and has been on a guaranteed $700K since he was 16 and not even allowed to play, just hoodwinked the chooks into another deal and then signed with RA.
All journalists have a team to follow and they will try and write crap about players they want at their clubs .Schuster has always said he is a Manly player and I'm guessing will only leave if Manly releases him .

Okay as with everything if we take the sensationalism out of it I see it this way.

Exceptional talent.

Big body for the skill. Seriously big frame for anyone with those skills. Let alone a 21YO.

TRAINED his backside off gave hard work a go after a rocket from DCE, gets injured before season. Accepts setback knuckles down comes back has blinder gets injured again. Understandably gets a bit upset by all this hard work and sacrifice and things not going his way as they have (with all his prodigious natural gifts, rugby league wise) throughout his junior career.

Gets second rocket after maybe lapsing on the dirty bird and re-injuring/compensatory injuring quad through coming back heavy or underdone.

RECORD SCRATCH!!!!!!!

GETS SECOND ROCKET

From Seibold/Flanagan/DCE firm which would never have happened under "come and let me whisper while my locks gently tickle your ear 'it'll be all right'" Des, who clearly won't suffer unfit players taking the field.

Move on let's enjoy a good game tonight and hope Kaeo cuts loose and Garrick earns his "Centre" money!

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Okay as with everything if we take the sensationalism out of it I see it this way.

Exceptional talent.

Big body for the skill. Seriously big frame for anyone with those skills. Let alone a 21YO.

TRAINED his backside off gave hard work a go after a rocket from DCE, gets injured before season. Accepts setback knuckles down comes back has blinder gets injured again. Understandably gets a bit upset by all this hard work and sacrifice and things not going his way as they have (with all his prodigious natural gifts, rugby league wise) throughout his junior career.

Gets second rocket after maybe lapsing on the dirty bird and re-injuring/compensatory injuring quad through coming back heavy or underdone.

RECORD SCRATCH!!!!!!!

GETS SECOND ROCKET

From Seibold/Flanagan/DCE firm which would never have happened under "come and let me whisper while my locks gently tickle your ear 'it'll be all right'" Des, who clearly won't suffer unfit players taking the field.

Move on let's enjoy a good game tonight and hope Kaeo cuts loose and Garrick earns his "Centre" money!
Huh?

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
You know what we are supposed to be a professional club with a multi million dollar budget and center of excellence.
Surely they have an in house dietitian or nutrionist that would work with players.

The moment a player like Josh is sidelined you would think they would use one of the many apps out there to track his food intake and would be weighing him atleast weekly. I know ultimately Josh has to be responsible for his own body but at 800k a year he is one of the clubs assets. I think someone in the footy department should have kept a closer eye on him.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16