The new Lewis Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
He actually missed 2 tackles .....1 missed tackle is fine BUT 2 well!! Just sayin!

like I said. Most players on average will miss 3-6 tackles a match. According to stats the player who missed the most tackles last year was Koroisau with 131 missed tackles. Do we crucify him for that? Thing is I suspect you are looking for mistakes from Parker and given no one is perfect you are sure to find a few.

Mind you I dont think Parker is suited for the wing. Big and strong, but turn around time is a little wanting. As a utility as I said, I think he'd go great. Potential Menzies type player...no no not that good, but similar attributes.

Last edited:

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
The Wok still has everyone else covered, probably for all time, for worst buy with the one and only Greg Smith.

Freagle

Bencher
I love this forum because we all can express our point of view !!!
Lewis the liability Brown in the worst $300g investment our club has ever made

Not as bad as Lewis mate

I know I’m several weeks behind here...but we signed Brown to do Jamie Buhrer’s role for less money. Jamie was on $350K from memory, and I am almost positive Lewis is only on $150K. Not $300K.

brad

First Grader
Kevin Iro
Got to say i loved Kevin Iro in one game in particular. It was a semi against the green machine back in 91 and himself and cliffy lyons single handedly almost got us home against a very strong raiders team
They killed it for Manly in a injury riddled side . Gus gould in the past years has said it was the most destructive effort he'd ever witnessed by 2 players . Shame he couldn't do it week in week out .

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have a horrible feeling that brown will be persisted with again this season. The fact he can cover hooker keeps him in the mix as a utility. Hastings is the only other possible option there but rumours keep circulating about his attitude. I just can’t see TB giving Fainu a go just yet.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I know I’m several weeks behind here...but we signed Brown to do Jamie Buhrer’s role for less money. Jamie was on $350K from memory, and I am almost positive Lewis is only on $150K. Not $300K.
At the time of his signing with us Brown was a current NZ international and was a marquee signing ( who turned out to be a dud ) and there is no way he would have been on the lower end of 300K .

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Got to say i loved Kevin Iro in one game in particular. It was a semi against the green machine back in 91 and himself and cliffy lyons single handedly almost got us home against a very strong raiders team
They killed it for Manly in a injury riddled side . Gus gould in the past years has said it was the most destructive effort he'd ever witnessed by 2 players . Shame he couldn't do it week in week out .

Kevin Iro was supposed to be the top centre in the World in some media circles. He could play when he wanted to but I felt he was highly over rated. His brother Tony was a superior asset. Kevin looked to me to be a plodder most of the time who just didnt involve himself enough. Occasionally did good things. I thought he had the potential of being another John McDonald, who played for Manly '69-'71.

Clay

Bencher
At the time of his signing with us Brown was a current NZ international and was a marquee signing ( who turned out to be a dud ) and there is no way he would have been on the lower end of 300K .
I almost agreed with you but he was a dud when we bought him. I usually watch alot of Panthers games and he is playing no better or worse then he did for them.

manly al

First Grader
Maybe to acquire Brown on a more modest pay packet and for only two years and as a strictly lower grade depth player may have been worthwhile but to have him in a Manly starting side initially and then continuing , then filling in for long stints as a centre and so on with his below par form was always going to be a liability . Actually has been not too bad and occasionally reasonably effective for his very short stints on the field but i think in the current playing team circumstances that this role is really not required and of no real value to the side now either .

manly al

First Grader
Kevin Iro was supposed to be the top centre in the World in some media circles. He could play when he wanted to but I felt he was highly over rated. His brother Tony was a superior asset. Kevin looked to me to be a plodder most of the time who just didnt involve himself enough. Occasionally did good things. I thought he had the potential of being another John McDonald, who played for Manly '69-'71.
Kevin Iro seemed to mainly be a big match player during his two year stint with Manly and did produce some top line performances but apparently was quite ordinary in many of his other efforts for the club . During his latter playing time in his second season , he just seemed even quite disinterested which was very disappointing taking into account the strike power that he still did possess . Tony Iro to me made a good transition from being a very reasonable winger to an effective second rower at the time with Manly . Only a youngster at the time but for whatever reason John [Cracker ] Mac Donald 's form as a centre seemed to fade during his latter stage career with the Sea Eagles also and was actually then placed on the wing .

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16