The new Lewis Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Must say one of the worst buys in my 48 yr history of supporting Manly. I can't believe he is an international, and the sooner we get rid of him the better. No pace, no size, no skill and an arm grabber in defence.

And close to the first picked by TBaz every time.

Can you imagine the celebration on ST when ( if) he’s ever dropped??

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
And close to the first picked by TBaz every time.

Can you imagine the celebration on ST when ( if) he’s ever dropped??
This is the year Mark . Mark my words feathered friend ;)
l.jpg

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I think we have an alternative utility coming through our ranks. Parker looks to me like the sort of player who can fit in well in the forwards and backs. I would be using him as our 'New Lewis Brown'. And frankly I think he'd do a better job at it.

I think we have an alternative utility coming through our ranks. Parker looks to me like the sort of player who can fit in well in the forwards and backs. I would be using him as our 'New Lewis Brown'. And frankly I think he'd do a better job at it.
How do you work that out! I only saw the first half last night and Parker’s defence was atrocious!! He can jump but he cannot tackle. We were 8nil up and he let in 2 tries! Sorry but I dont rate him

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
How do you work that out! I only saw the first half last night and Parker’s defence was atrocious!! He can jump but he cannot tackle. We were 8nil up and he let in 2 tries! Sorry but I dont rate him

One mistake does not warrant a negative assessment of a players talent. Personally I dont think he's a winger. I dont think he's fast enough. I would have had Tom Wright there, given he's an ex sprint star. I see Parker as a utility because he is solid, not magical, but he gets the job done with a minimum of fuss. OK he missed a tackle. Would it surprise that every player misses at least 3-6 tackles a game. Check the figures. It happens. But Parker is usually solid in defence.

Peter C

Bencher
Must say one of the worst buys in my 48 yr history of supporting Manly. I can't believe he is an international, and the sooner we get rid of him the better. No pace, no size, no skill and an arm grabber in defence.
I have to disagree with you there, although Lewis is up there with the worst of them, we've had a few that were even worse believe it or not, I reckon Andy Goodway, Jorgen Rogers and John Devereaux nudge out Lewis as Manly's worst ever player , you may throw in James Leuleui in that lot as well.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I have to disagree with you there, although Lewis is up there with the worst of them, we've had a few that were even worse believe it or not, I reckon Andy Goodway, Jorgen Rogers and John Devereaux nudge out Lewis as Manly's worst ever player , you may throw in James Leuleui in that lot as well.
The way I look at it they are all as bad as one another .

The fact that he can make the list proves his worth. Myles is worse if you consider the $ value. The difference is we were able to convince someone to buy Myles.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
True, but what worries me though is that Lewis was the first player Barrett brought with him from Penrith on a three year deal, go figure.
At Penrith he was playing ok but unfortunately his time was over when he signed with us . It was a clever move by Gould to let him go .

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Joe ropati and tony iro were up there. Tony went on to be quite good in the back row especially at souffs, but for us on the wing he was underwhelming

brad

First Grader
Toovey kept on picking Hasson for some reason and i think Barrett will keep picking Brown . Like it or not he'll be in there somewhere come round 1 .

One mistake does not warrant a negative assessment of a players talent. Personally I dont think he's a winger. I dont think he's fast enough. I would have had Tom Wright there, given he's an ex sprint star. I see Parker as a utility because he is solid, not magical, but he gets the job done with a minimum of fuss. OK he missed a tackle. Would it surprise that every player misses at least 3-6 tackles a game. Check the figures. It happens. But Parker is usually solid in defence.
He actually missed 2 tackles .....1 missed tackle is fine BUT 2 well!! Just sayin!

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't want Lewis Brown in my top 17 either, he has not earnt, nor does his level of play deserve the spot, but some of the commentary in this thread is downright disgraceful, especially the personal stuff.

Anyway you dice it, Lewis is a solid utility back up. Hopefully he will not be required, but can do a job, if injuries to others means that he is needed to fill a hole in the 14 jersey later in the year.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Worst buy??
My goodness is everyone too young to remember these two names:
James Leuluai,
Hugh Waddell.
They'd play Lewie off a break for worst buys.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
That's the nature of the NRL beast where winning is everything and emotions run wild.
If your a bad ref , a bad player ,or a bad official you cop sht from the fans

knights-fans-800.jpg

Kevinward777

First Grader
With Barrett mentioning last night he will likely run with his Rd 1 side in next weeks trial against the Chooks, I’ll be very interested to see if Lewis fits in.

I rarely have bagged him in the past but his defense last night was poor, with several missed tackles, one leading directly to a try. I can’t see him in that 17.
His defence is always poor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16