The new Lewis Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Regrettable that the wrong Wright is being selected at centre. But I understand where Barrett is coming from. Matt Wright is safe, solid, good defender and does his job with little fuss. Tom Wright is a speedster, evasive, an X factor player. But Tom looks like he needs just a little more time steadying his game. He's in my opinion a much better option than Matt potentially. But I can understand Barrett playing it safe especially with newcomer Croker at 5/8.

From my perspective though I would try to be getting Tom Wright and Anderson into our backline asap (hopefully by mid season), and using Fainu on the bench as much as possible. Fainu can cover hooker, half and 5/8 effectively if we have problems in those areas during a game
Tom W should become a good player, just need a bit more time defensivly to play centre at nrl level.

Having looked at the replay again for the trials Tom Wright had a solid first half. Is a much better option than Matt. He did a one on one strip then made a break. He also showed good footwork near the sideline on 5th tackle and cut back in offloading the ball which eventually led to first try. I think if Kelly was allowed to play last year, then Tom should be able to this year. He's a lot more solid all round imo.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Regrettable that the wrong Wright is being selected at centre. But I understand where Barrett is coming from. Matt Wright is safe, solid, good defender and does his job with little fuss. Tom Wright is a speedster, evasive, an X factor player. But Tom looks like he needs just a little more time steadying his game. He's in my opinion a much better option than Matt potentially. But I can understand Barrett playing it safe especially with newcomer Croker at 5/8.

From my perspective though I would try to be getting Tom Wright and Anderson into our backline asap (hopefully by mid season), and using Fainu on the bench as much as possible. Fainu can cover hooker, half and 5/8 effectively if we have problems in those areas during a game
We certainly all see things differently . Matt Wright you say is safe , solid defender . At the game against the Sharks I saw Matt Wright missed tackles missed goals dropped balls in a very ordinary display . He made no impact on the game at all. The true way to evaluate players is against quality opposition . That is their measuring stick .
We all have different expectations and high expectations are the key to success . Manly does not stand for mediocre . That's a North Sydney attitude and look what happed to them .

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m not sure that the 17 running out this weekend is neccesarily the same 17 who will run out for game 1.

Clearly the usual suspects will be playing in their positions but I have a feeling not all are 100% decided.

Positions 6/4 are up for grabs as well as the bench spots.

brad

First Grader
We certainly all see things differently . Matt Wright you say is safe , solid defender . At the game against the Sharks I saw Matt Wright missed tackles missed goals dropped balls in a very ordinary display . He made no impact on the game at all. The true way to evaluate players is against quality opposition . That is their measuring stick .
We all have different expectations and high expectations are the key to success . Manly does not stand for mediocre . That's a North Sydney attitude and look what happed to them .
In his defense Bozo when you play against better opposition your own performance lifts .

brad

First Grader
I’m not sure that the 17 running out this weekend is neccesarily the same 17 who will run out for game 1.

Clearly the usual suspects will be playing in their positions but I have a feeling not all are 100% decided.

Positions 6/4 are up for grabs as well as the bench spots.
If we are struggling in the early rounds around our centres, i can see turbo to partner walker and M Wright to fullback. Its a plan c or whatever but thats were i see Tom ending up . Wright is safe at 1 as we have all seen . Barrett has already said that he is a fine centre.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart

I take your point Bozo and I'm not suggesting Matt Wright is the answer to our centre issue. What I saw of him last year though confirmed for me his steady, professional approach. He may not have done the job in the trial but what I've seen of him suggests he gets the job done. And obviously he's also been picked for his goal kicking.

Would I pick him? Well I'm not the coach and dont aspire to know anything near as much as Barrett regarding that skill. But my gut says I would have taken a risk with Tom Wright, and if not, then Parker. But I'm not a coach.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019

Do two wrongs makes a wright

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Do two wrongs makes a wright

No Cameron. Two Wrights make a wrong. One Wright makes a Wright. But that depends on whether its the right Wright. Cant have a wrong Wright when a right Wright is right...or is that Wright...I'm getting confused.

No Cameron. Two Wrights make a wrong. One Wright makes a Wright. But that depends on whether its the right Wright. Cant have a wrong Wright when a right Wright is right...or is that Wright...I'm getting confused.
Well I'll simplify it for everyone. Tom is the right one :)

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Guys, I'd still love Uate to play centre, and have an absolute blistering speedster outside of him, rather than Matt Wright & Uate, until Walker gets back.

Could work. Anderson or Tom Wright on the wing. Both speedsters with talent .

Kevinward777

First Grader
Did you watch him play for Samoa at all? Are you aware we are missing our best centre through injury and consequently need someone to fill the position? Matt Wright is not a superstar, he wasn’t brought to the club with the view he would win the Dally M positional award. He is a very experienced back up player with 140 games of first grade behind him. He is reliable and the perfect player for our coach to call on when a star goes down. You go on and on about the past and who we signed when Arthurson was in control of the club, but it is no longer the 80’s, we are no longer the richest club in the competition... and there’s supposed to be a salary cap. We have invested big money in the Trbojevic boys, DCE, Walker, Tapau etc and young stars with potential as a pathway back to the top. And unless you are a News Ltd side, the Rorters or Eels, then the days of fielding a run on side with 12 representative level players are over. You are aware that Bozo himself basically put this squad together aren’t you???

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Did you watch him play for Samoa at all? Are you aware we are missing our best centre through injury and consequently need someone to fill the position? Matt Wright is not a superstar, he wasn’t brought to the club with the view he would win the Dally M positional award. He is a very experienced back up player with 140 games of first grade behind him. He is reliable and the perfect player for our coach to call on when a star goes down. You go on and on about the past and who we signed when Arthurson was in control of the club, but it is no longer the 80’s, we are no longer the richest club in the competition... and there’s supposed to be a salary cap. We have invested big money in the Trbojevic boys, DCE, Walker, Tapau etc and young stars with potential as a pathway back to the top. And unless you are a News Ltd side, the Rorters or Eels, then the days of fielding a run on side with 12 representative level players are over. You are aware that Bozo himself basically put this squad together aren’t you???

Matt Wright is a very useful / safe option for fullback / wing or centre.

Won’t win a Dally M BUT won’t let you down either AND can kick goals!

Shoe1

Journey Man
If Lewis signs with a pommy team make sure you talk him up. He will likely do well over there and have another 5 years of a career. He seems very durable.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13