The new Lewis Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

brad

First Grader
Nothing personal with Brown as a human being but it does get personal with me a passionate supporter who is used to the great Manly sides of the past and is not used to seeing a sub par bench player .
The only way our team can step up from last season is for our young up and coming players to step up and give us more on the field that what we get from the finger clutching Brown .
I cant remember a player in the proud history of our club that finger tackled .
In 2018 we need the young players to step up and take over the aging players that are past it . If they dont its a matter of same sht same results !!!
We have moved on from the aging and under performing Myles and Lawrence and If we are to move on to bigger and better things we need to move on from Brown .
We have some young and talented players waiting on the NRL wings and I think we should give them play time and let them fly .
Lets get rid of the fingers and put some shoulders in our tackles in 2018
View attachment 7227
Badder then a junkyard dog ..

HoldenV8

Journey Man
You know, whatever we think of Lewis Brown as a player, the fact is that his utility value has come in handy over the past couple of years. We need a replacement outside back mid-game, there is Brown. Same with hooker and back row. The guy may not be a world beater, he may give away the odd penalty (probably no more than others, but they get highlighted more). But he does the job and that's all that can be asked of him really.

He's no Killer in the centres or Matty Ballin at hooker and as a back rower he's no Beaver. But he's there when we need him.

Ben

Bencher
You know, whatever we think of Lewis Brown as a player, the fact is that his utility value has come in handy over the past couple of years. We need a replacement outside back mid-game, there is Brown. Same with hooker and back row. The guy may not be a world beater, he may give away the odd penalty (probably no more than others, but they get highlighted more). But he does the job and that's all that can be asked of him really.

He's no Killer in the centres or Matty Ballin at hooker and as a back rower he's no Beaver. But he's there when we need him.

I agree. Every side needs a mr fix it. Provides security and injury cover for 6 starting players. Until we find a better bench utility I feel brown has done what's been asked of him. Patch the hole.

Love Brown as a person but have never rated him as a player. I commend him for giving his all every time he goes out there. But in saying that he is chewing up cap space. Why not give someone else a run. Sure he patches holes but he also creates them for the opposition, with his lack of speed, sloppy tackling...

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Badder then a junkyard dog ..
Every supporter has their favourite all time player and so do I .
So sing along with me bradly a song for the player we all love most ;)

The North side part of Sydney
Is the baddest part of town
And if you go down there
You better just beware
Of a bench player named Lewis Brown

Now Lewis can play hooker
He can also play back row and centre too
He ain't fast and he ain't strong
But there's nothing he cant do

Cause he's bad, bad Lewis Brown
The baddest bench player in the whole damn town
Badder than old King Kong
Meaner than a junkyard dog

Last edited:

brad

First Grader

And if you go down there
You better just beware

Not bad mate not bad at all .

brad

First Grader

And if you go down there
You better just beware

Just for the record The great Dce is my favourite player , but i like lewy just a little bit mate . Dont know if its his big honker or those big blue eyes or just because he is a nice bloke , but i think because he has a good whole hearted 100% crack that wins out . Nothing flash but has a crack in our proud colours .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Just for the record The great Dce is my favourite player , but i like lewy just a little bit mate . Dont know if its his big honker or those big blue eyes or just because he is a nice bloke , but i think because he has a good whole hearted 100% crack that wins out . Nothing flash but has a crack in our proud colours .
That's fine brad. Everyone is entitled to their say mate

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
Never been a fan of a utility on the bench and never will, 3 props and a good back rower for mine.
Almost as bad as having only 3 quick's and a spinner at the WACA.

brad

First Grader
Never been a fan of a utility on the bench and never will, 3 props and a good back rower for mine.
Almost as bad as having only 3 quick's and a spinner at the WACA.
If our 6 or 7 go down we might be in a spin.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
Realistically any skillful back rower can fill inat 5/8 for half a game, worry about the injury/replacement Monday.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Realistically any skillful back rower can fill inat 5/8 for half a game, worry about the injury/replacement Monday.
'Any skilful backrower'? Well, OK if you have a Glenn Stewart or Wade Graham type.
But most backrowers are not sufficiently skilled to play 40 minutes of NRL at 5/8.
Not to mention, injuries can also occur in the first half.

Mitch

Bencher
With Barrett mentioning last night he will likely run with his Rd 1 side in next weeks trial against the Chooks, I’ll be very interested to see if Lewis fits in.

I rarely have bagged him in the past but his defense last night was poor, with several missed tackles, one leading directly to a try. I can’t see him in that 17.

johnperi01

Reserve Grader
Must say one of the worst buys in my 48 yr history of supporting Manly. I can't believe he is an international, and the sooner we get rid of him the better. No pace, no size, no skill and an arm grabber in defence.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18