The Manly forward pack are Soft

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
Will reserve judgement till 4-5 rounds in on the teams chances in 22..,,but based on tonight the thread is 100% fair
We got minced through the guts and the saddest part was, we went down with no fight.
Fro the outset Kikau, Gillard and Martin were pointing fingers and dishing out the mongrel, while Manly showed no desire to get into the battle
They even were stomping on our wingers and Harper when doing ugly hit ups, with 3, 4 and 5 man tackles and mocking them
When Manly made similar tackles, 3,4 Penrith players dug in behind to support their mates from getting buried and demoralised
Only game 1, but what's fair with this thread ...it's been since Waough, Gift and kite times since we stood up in a physical contest....hopefully can come to life soon
Finger pointing ? Do we have to get Hoppa back

manly al

First Grader
B T W . i would go with Walker on the bench if Josh was considered as a 13 and whatever other combination there , . Walker to give Croker a break at 9 against the better sides in particular , need a bit more from a Manly 9 then what Froggy seems to offer against the higher ranked sides despite his competitive outlook .

I think the major difference with the forwards last night was that the Penrith forwards were hungry to be involved. Marty plays like he is really disinterested and the younger players were standing there with the "what's happening" look.
Wow... I must have watched a different Marty last night. One of the few with Jake and O who had a red hot go.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We were dominated , outclassed and given a football lesson by a red hot side last night , who if they play like that all year may well go back to back.

Can we improve , yes.

Will we improve , not guaranteed.

We’ll still finish 4th or 5th , but I don’t believe we’ll beat the top 3 sides and to me that comes down to an ineffectual forward pack.

There’s a few to come back in, maybe they can lift us , but I think overall the team as a whole has to lift and I’m just not sure that’s possible.

And don’t blame Croker , and don’t blame DCE or Foran , and don’t blame Jason Saab , this loss squarely lies with 8 forwards chosen to play last night.

God

Bencher
Ultimately when we get a few back Id like to see:

Front row of
Josh A
James S
Jake

Second row
EthenB
Haumol

Lock
JoshS

Bench
Marty
Dylan Walker
Taniela
Toafofoa

Maybe that fixes some of the mess

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Check out the 3 2 1 thread, so far nearly all the players have had a nomination as one of our best 3 on the night. Which suggests to me our players were not hopeless and are not inadequate.

We just got outplayed as a team. By a hot side brimming with confidence and determined to put on a show for their fans.

Some here are full of gloom but will be happier after we play the Chooks next week. I'm looking forward to that game, we've had an early jolt and will be back to our preferred underdog status :)
And so have the Rorters ... it’ll be a contest (I hope)

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We were dominated , outclassed and given a football lesson by a red hot side last night , who if they play like that all year may well go back to back.

Can we improve , yes.

Will we improve , not guaranteed.

We’ll still finish 4th or 5th , but I don’t believe we’ll beat the top 3 sides and to me that comes down to an ineffectual forward pack.

There’s a few to come back in, maybe they can lift us , but I think overall the team as a whole has to lift and I’m just not sure that’s possible.

And don’t blame Croker , and don’t blame DCE or Foran , and don’t blame Jason Saab , this loss squarely lies with 8 forwards chosen to play last night.
Yeah they were given a lesson, just hope they and Des, learn from it, all the winners this week, so far, and the sharpies, would have belted us in the forwards

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I hope a few of our forwards are watching the knights boys and there pack take it to the roosters boys, they didn’t give them an inch and hunted the roosters down.

very high energy and played a very aggressive style against the roosters.

NZEaglesFan

Reserve Grader
Forward Leader. When you google Alpha Male, it say “a strong and successful man who likes to be in charge of others”. This is someone who will stand up when the chips are down, inspiring other around him to stand up, step up and give 110% and most importantly, never back down.

When you compare us to other teams or Sea Eagles teams of yesteryears, I think we would agree that we are missing that forward who is capable of either leading or dominating / bulling the opposition. I have gone through other teams and compared them to us and found this:

Penrith - James Fisher-Harris / Liam Martin
Raiders - Joseph Tapine / Josh Papalii
Sharks - Dale Finucane / Braden Hamlin-Uele / Andrew Fifita
Broncos - Payne Haas
Rabbitohs - Keaon Koloamatangi
Roosters - Jared Waerea-Hargreaves / Victor Radley / Lindsay Collins
Knights - David Klemmer / Tyson Frizell
Warriors - Addin Fonua-Blake
Dragons - Jack de Belin / Tariq Sims / Jaydn Su'a
West - ??
Storm – Nelson Asofa-Solomona / Jesse Bromwich / Christian Welch
Eels – Nathan Brown / Junior Paulo / Reagan Campbell-Gillard
Titans – Tino Fa'asuamaleaui / David Fifita / Jarrod Wallace
Cowboys - ??
Bulldogs – Josh Jackson / Tevita Pangai Junior

Manly – Jake Trbojevic / Martin Taupau ??
Manly team from last 20-25 years – BK, Choc, Gift, Spud before that.

Whilst we need skillful players, we still need 1 or 2 players who the opposition need to go through in order to get to the play makers/ Tommy etc. At the moment we are missing that steel and I we do not remedy this, DCE and Turbo will not be able to do their stuff.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
The ole troll and his circle J's return with stunning revelations that our forwards are "weak as piss"!

I am sure Jake (56 tackles) and Haumole (114 rm and 55 pcm - equal best of field pcm) would argue that point. In addition, Marty (111 rm) and Toff (102rm) performed ok and certainly was not "weak as piss".

Merdy33

Reserve Grader
Firstly, the Panthers’ line speed is incredible. Just ridiculous. So to combat that you need your dummy half to be putting your forwards on the front foot. I like Croker, but he isn’t doing that. He rarely runs, and doesn’t engage the markers, so they are free to head straight for the player with the ball. Panthers would have beaten anyone on Thursday.
As for some of the other teams’ packs and players that are being talked up here, what a crock. They are the same players and packs that have either missed, or struggled to make the finals in the last few years.
We can do better, and will, and I refuse to call any NRL player “weak as piss”. Unless they commit a weak as piss act of course. I think some of our fans need to show the same resilience we expect of the players.

Kaufusi's Elbow

Reserve Grader
I thought we played ok. I dont think it is time to panic just yet. We lost, sure ... but Penno were on an unstoppable tear, we weren't gonna win that one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18