THE LORD SAID' go play for Catalans Izzy'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Galileo is one whose discoveries caused him to question serious aspects of his religious beliefs, actually. It got him placed under house arrest for heresy; he was still under house arrest when he died nearly a decade later. And it took the Vatican 350 years to concede that he was right.
I know this yet he believed in God. How bout the rest? Issac Newton the gravity guy you know him haha he was a believer! Von Braun?

Hope you have that coffee ready boss

Last edited:
If there is no God culling the population to "sustainable" levels holds no consequences.

We do it now with animals.

Yeah i know the other side will argue this is not necessarily the case but i have no trust or faith in humans to have the power to make such decisions.

I know this yet he believed in God. How bout the rest? Issac Newton the gravity guy you know him haha he was a believer! Von Braun?

Hope you have that coffee ready boss

I don’t drink coffee. And throwing out extra names when you get caught out on one doesn’t help your case.

Just a tip: there’s proper academic literature out there, what you’re posting is basically the equivalent of the anti-vaxxer propaganda, or Dr. Googling medical conditions.

Last edited:
I don’t drink coffee. And throwing out extra names when you get caught out on one doesn’t help your case.
Caught out... I know about Galileo! He was a Christian yes? Ergo.... so your not even going to read the others at all.? Why? Because it will prove you very wrong thats why.. The classic atheist move.. get what ever you drink pour a big glass and get back to me.. The 2nd link is very easy to absorb it even has pictures ;)

Caught out... I know about Galileo! He was a Christian yes? Ergo.... so your not even going to read the others at all.? Why? Because it will prove you very wrong thats why.. The classic atheist move.. get what ever you drink pour a big glass and get back to me.. The 2nd link is very easy to absorb it even has pictures ;)

There are people on those lists that I know for a fact questioned the religious doctrine of their time; a random list compiled by someone calling themselves ‘The Doc’, with a clear vested interest in promoting religion, counts for far less than you think it does. And as for Wikipedia...wow. Nobody considers Wikipedia an authoritative source - because it’s not. It’s a collection of opinions dressed up as fact.

I’ve already studied this stuff in far greater depth than the kiddies’ picture book links you’re posting, TYVM. And no, after working a 12 hour shift and another one coming up tomorrow, I won’t be drinking a big glass of anything and disappearing down the google rabbit hole - not that I’d do that on any given day anyway.

If you bothered to look into any of this properly, you might find it’s an endlessly fascinating subject. But that would also require critical thinking, and the willingness to have your own indoctrination challenged, and it’s obvious you’re not interested in that. If intellectual giants like Galileo, Copernicus, and Descartes were driven to question their own indoctrinated faiths in light of the comparatively tiny scientific and mathematical knowledge of their time, I’d bet there’s very little chance they’d be anything other than atheist in today’s world.

That, and if the average person understood just how much Chinese whispers and mistranslation make up the Bible, there’s no chance they’d ever claim it as the direct word of any deity. This is stuff that wasn’t written down for decades, sometimes centuries, after it supposedly happened, and translated from Aramaic, to Hebrew, to Classical Greek, to modern languages like French and English. The ‘gospel’ is anything but.

Had no idea this site was a religious/philosophical debating platform. Has anyone discussed the fact that much of the Christian/Islamic/Judaist traditions were developed out of earlier Egyptian and Mesopotamian religious beliefs or is that just being too provocative.

Had no idea this site was a religious/philosophical debating platform. Has anyone discussed the fact that much of the Christian/Islamic/Judaist traditions were developed out of earlier Egyptian and Mesopotamian religious beliefs or is that just being too provocative.

Could go there but I’m not sure anyone’s that interested @:D

The other angle is just how much classical philosophical traditions (mostly Greek, esp. Aristotle) had to do with what you’d think of as the ‘religious’ undertone around the Scientific Revolution period. It wasn’t all father/son/Holy Ghost - the pre-Christian thinkers had a fair contribution to how people thought the world worked and was created. Copernicus was a massive Aristotle fan, so was Dante - although being a poet, his favourite player was Virgil.

Glazied over look people talking religion and science,who cares.
For Catalans there getting alot of pressure about this already clubs threaten legal action over loss of sponsors and clothing supplier distance them selves from his views.

There are people on those lists that I know for a fact questioned the religious doctrine of their time; a random list compiled by someone calling themselves ‘The Doc’, with a clear vested interest in promoting religion, counts for far less than you think it does. And as for Wikipedia...wow. Nobody considers Wikipedia an authoritative source - because it’s not. It’s a collection of opinions dressed up as fact.

I’ve already studied this stuff in far greater depth than the kiddies’ picture book links you’re posting, TYVM. And no, after working a 12 hour shift and another one coming up tomorrow, I won’t be drinking a big glass of anything and disappearing down the google rabbit hole - not that I’d do that on any given day anyway.

If you bothered to look into any of this properly, you might find it’s an endlessly fascinating subject. But that would also require critical thinking, and the willingness to have your own indoctrination challenged, and it’s obvious you’re not interested in that. If intellectual giants like Galileo, Copernicus, and Descartes were driven to question their own indoctrinated faiths in light of the comparatively tiny scientific and mathematical knowledge of their time, I’d bet there’s very little chance they’d be anything other than atheist in today’s world.

That, and if the average person understood just how much Chinese whispers and mistranslation make up the Bible, there’s no chance they’d ever claim it as the direct word of any deity. This is stuff that wasn’t written down for decades, sometimes centuries, after it supposedly happened, and translated from Aramaic, to Hebrew, to Classical Greek, to modern languages like French and English. The ‘gospel’ is anything but.
Why are you getting upset? Just because you were refuted rather easily doesn't mean you have to get mad.
I challenge you to prove anyone on those extensive lists are not as they claim they are! Go on im waiting... dont know why your changing subject and going into the bible maybe because your upset so your trying to get me riled up haha you cannot sir! Just because you believe in THEORIES that no one can prove you've **** the bed (excuse my french) and are now attacking the bible. That's sad! We are talking about Christians and the great things they have done or not done compared to atheists. The pie chart is pretty clear innit fella :) atheists 7% ...... ouch!

"Chinese whispers and mistranslations make up the bible"

"this is stuff thay wasnt written down until decades or centuries after"

These 2 quotes my friend. You have defeated yourself!!! RIP..

The bible is written in ancient Hebrew/hebrew then new testament in Aramaic and Greek. Then translated into latin the order you have is funny did you make that up?

Edit. I realize you said you would never look into what we are talking about.... classic atheist move! When put in a corner and spanked you refuse to read what will thoroughly refute you and then change the subject. Ps i chose the picture site so you can understand it easier. Seems i need to dumb it down even further :(

Last edited:
Can you explain what you mean without being to provocative :) I'm keen to see if you have any idea what your talking about. Please go ahead

Why are you getting upset? Just because you were refuted rather easily doesn't mean you have to get mad.
I challenge you to prove anyone on those extensive lists are not as they claim they are! Go on im waiting... dont know why your changing subject and going into the bible maybe because your upset so your trying to get me riled up haha you cannot sir! Just because you believe in THEORIES that no one can prove you've **** the bed (excuse my french) and are now attacking the bible. That's sad! We are talking about Christians and the great things they have done or not done compared to atheists. The pie chart is pretty clear innit fella :) atheists 7% ...... ouch!

"Chinese whispers and mistranslations make up the bible"

"this is stuff thay wasnt written down until decades or centuries after"

These 2 quotes my friend. You have defeated yourself!!! RIP..

The bible is written in ancient Hebrew/hebrew then new testament in Aramaic and Greek. Then translated into latin the order you have is funny did you make that up?

Edit. I realize you said you would never look into what we are talking about.... classic atheist move! When put in a corner and spanked you refuse to read what will thoroughly refute you and then change the subject. Ps i chose the picture site so you can understand it easier. Seems i need to dumb it down even further :(

Mate, piss off. You’re doing the classic pigeon move of crapping all over the chess board and pretending you’ve won. The sad thing is you lack the self awareness to even realise how dumb you sound. You’re welcome to your fairy stories, the rest of the world moved past it some time ago. Grow up.

Between 1901 and 2000 reveals that 654 Laureates belong to 28 different religion. Most 65.4% have identified Christianity in its various forms as their religious preference. Overall, Christians have won a total of 78.3% of all the Nobel Prizes in Peace, 72.5% in Chemistry, 65.3% in Physics, 62% in Medicine, 54% in Economics and 49.5% of all Literature awards.

Have a read of the article above.
Cheers

Ps. Atheists 7%......

Back in the day birth certificates, school registrations, job applications, passport applications all req'd a tick for religion .... all my old documentation would have me as a Presbiterian ..... there could be nothing further from the truth ... ... I would take their stated religous affiliations and depth of "belief" with a grain of salt ....

Old mate Darwin was a devout Christian ..... but you seem to have a problem with him for some reason ...

I agree with your 1st point, its the truth many questioned there beliefs due to science and yet many didn't. Issac Newton Galileo Von Braun are just 3 of countless who were Christians yet look what they accomplished! In the pie chart there is also physics chemistry economics medicine no? Look up inventions by Christians and make yourself a coffee... There is alot of reading for you friend :)

I think by any definition and in any age ,, Issac Newtown would be considered moon howling, window licking, self diddling, lip dribbling mad .... the fact that he was a brilliant mathematician and Physcist does not alter the fact that if he exposed some of his beliefs today he would be locked away in a padded cell ....

Back in the day birth certificates, school registrations, job applications, passport applications all req'd a tick for religion .... all my old documentation would have me as a Presbiterian ..... there could be nothing further from the truth ... ... I would take their stated religous affiliations and depth of "belief" with a grain of salt ....

Old mate Darwin was a devout Christian ..... but you seem to have a problem with him for some reason ...

Yep. The census data on religion is incredibly unreliable - people like my mum, who hasn’t seen the inside of a church in decades, happily tick the box for whatever religion they were baptised into more than half a century ago. She put it on all our school enrolments too. My 14yo nephew was baptised catholic as a tiny baby, the first and only time he’s been to church as well. Figures for people actively practicing religion are way, way lower than those claiming an affiliation.

Putting the pointlessness if religion aside for a moment, how does everyone think Izzy will go in the SL?
Given that he will be in a pretty ordinary team and with a heap of pressure on him, I'm expecting him to fizzle out and fold pretty quickly. This will be followed by a quick retreat to Oz where daddy will offer him a full time role preaching the word of someone's view on someone else's view etc. of god

Putting aside all of the controversy surrounding izzy, he may well go O K in the S L , Should not take too long to get some match fitness and stamina back providing he has not been too much out of shape . if he just focuses on playing footy and not continue to cause more off field dramas , hope that Catalan can get some good value from him and again that he just uses his proven [ or at least past ] footy playing prowess to only do the talking so to speak and to add to the S L playing standard .

I think by any definition and in any age ,, Issac Newtown would be considered moon howling, window licking, self diddling, lip dribbling mad .... the fact that he was a brilliant mathematician and Physcist does not alter the fact that if he exposed some of his beliefs today he would be locked away in a padded cell ....
I have a theory that if that was the case , people should then have a better understanding of the gravity of Newton "s situation ,

I have a theory that if that was the case , people should then have a better understanding of the gravity of Newton "s situation ,

Agree .... what surprised me of course is that old mate Biff ridiculed the Theory of Gravity ... and then in the next breathe held the author of said theories up as a champion of his religion Intelligenzia ....

I ponder whether the Irony of that is lost on him ...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10