THE LORD SAID' go play for Catalans Izzy'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Scott Johnson’s family match police’s $1m reward offered for suspected gay hate murder
The family of Scott Johnson, who was killed in a suspected gay hate crime in Sydney more than 30 years ago, will match the $1 million reward offered by NSW Police to bring those responsible for his death to justice.
Mr Johnson, an American mathematician who was based in Sydney, was discovered at the base of a cliff below a gay beat near Manly’s North Head in December 1988.

His death was initially ruled to be a suicide, however, in a rare third inquest in 2017, then-coroner Michael Barnes found the 27-year-old fell from the cliff “as a result of actual or threatened violence” by people who attacked him over his sexuality.

Steve Johnson — who has spent decades fighting to have his brother’s death reinvestigated – said he hoped the $2 million reward would help bring the killer or killers to justice.

“I have been greatly encouraged by the recent progress in the investigation, and truly honoured by the reception Scott’s case has had with the community,” Mr Johnson said.

“Please, do it for Scott, do it for all gay men who were subject to hate crime, and now, do it for yourself.”

Detective Chief Inspector Peter Yeomans said the greatest challenge for police investigating the case was “the wall of silence” that they had been faced with for over 30 years.

“At this time, we are currently following some very specific lines of inquiry,” he said.

“We believe that given the culture of gay hate at that time, the events surrounding Scott’s death would have likely been bragged about.”

“There are two potential groups with information: those who were involved and those they told. Now is the time for them – or anyone who has information – to come forward.”

The unsolved homicide unit reviewed Mr Johnson’s death as part of a number of suspected gay-hate murders that were in some cases inadequately investigated by police.

The 2018 review found 27 gay men were likely to have lost their lives to homophobic killers during a violent period of Sydney’s history in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Homophobic youths were known to be launching attacks on gay men at coastal areas around Sydney, including Bondi, Tamarama, and Manly, to “assert masculinity or as gang initiation.”

The violence reached a bloody crescendo in the late 1980s — around the same time Mr Johnson’s body was found — and had been fuelled by a “moral panic” triggered by the HIV epidemic, the review found.

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller, meanwhile, said the $2 million reward is the first time such an offer had been made in the state’s history.

“It has been 31 long years in Scott’s family’s pursuit of answers, and the dedication to their brother is as inspiring as it is heartbreaking,” Mr Fuller said.

“Steve has never wavered in his fight for justice; dedicating his time and efforts to Scott’s honour, and today, he stands before you to offer his own money in hope that detectives get the elusive pieces to this puzzle.”

Mr Johnson, who lives in the United States, said he had returned to Sydney to support the efforts of detectives.

The reward will be for new information and will be in addition to the $1 million reward that Commissioner Fuller announced in December 2018.

Don’t really see the correlation that the article has with this thread apart from the word “gay.” Are you suggesting Israel Folau is inspiring people to throw homosexuals off a cliff? Or perhaps that his post (from many months ago) somehow encourages such appalling, murderous behaviour? Surely not.

Has anyone checked in with Izzy to see what God is pissed off about this time. This Corona Virus is surely punishment for something. If it's still the same sex marriage thing then let's just repeal the legislation and say sorry. I thought the bushfires were a little bit of a tantrum from the big fella, but he really has got a bee in his bonnet about these homosexuals being treated as normal human beings hasn't he.

Has anyone checked in with Izzy to see what God is pissed off about this time. This Corona Virus is surely punishment for something. If it's still the same sex marriage thing then let's just repeal the legislation and say sorry. I thought the bushfires were a little bit of a tantrum from the big fella, but he really has got a bee in his bonnet about these homosexuals being treated as normal human beings hasn't he.
You know you’re are starting a brush fire with @MuzztheEagle and @Kevinward777 . @Chip and Chase . There’s fuuck all going on now (except the Coronavirus ), so let’s punch on. We’ve got a whole season to get through.

Have to admit after the Drought thing I wasnt worried
After the Bushfire thing thought nah couldnt be
After the famine reports for remote communities , thought Izzy maybe on to something
And now pestilence has arrived in Corvid19 form

Well FK me the 4 horsemen are here and I am a dead man isolating
Izzy was fking right all along
Im goooonne, according to his list

Sorry sniffing to much sanni while in iso :talking:

Keep safe everyone
best wishes to you all and your loved ones

You know you’re are starting a brush fire with @MuzztheEagle and @Kevinward777 . @Chip and Chase . There’s fuuck all going on now (except the Coronavirus ), so let’s punch on. We’ve got a whole season to get through.
Nah, I'm all good now. Kev finally let me know where he is coming from and I can accept that :)
(Unless he wants to use that beliefs to say the sorts of things that Izzy likes to - but he's not that sort of Christian, so I think we're good :) )

Im sure its because of christians getting tattoos:
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.
-Leviticus 19:28

And as izzy has them he is a bit quiet on the matter.

Im sure its because of christians getting tattoos:
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.
-Leviticus 19:28

And as izzy has them he is a bit quiet on the matter.
I think he has made several comments saying that he regrets them. But that was before he was born again (at his dad's church). Before that he was kept ignorant to the true word of God by those heathens at Hillsong.
I don't think there is a limit on how many times you can be born again....and it's why I prefer baths to showers. I can never be to sure whether i've commited any sin throughout the day...so I like to say I was born again before going to bed. That way god can't touch me!

I think he has made several comments saying that he regrets them. But that was before he was born again (at his dad's church). Before that he was kept ignorant to the true word of God by those heathens at Hillsong.
I don't think there is a limit on how many times you can be born again....and it's why I prefer baths to showers. I can never be to sure whether i've commited any sin throughout the day...so I like to say I was born again before going to bed. That way god can't touch me!
Hang on a second !!!! he changed Gods ??? So that's 3 times now - Mormon, Hillsong Clappers, and Backyard Pool Baptists. Who did he think was talking to him the first two times when he heard the word of God ?? Were they just voices in his head, or was it the real God just messing with him ?? just testing him out. I hope that it's third time lucky for him, given his track record he's not great on commitment - how many Gods are there out there anyway ? Seems a bit strange to me but then again I've resigned myself to realising long ago I'll never be intelligent enough to understand, unfortunately God just never chose me to be given his gift. I've just got to trust that Izzy has backed the right horse this time and that he is going into bat for the whole human race and not just his subscribers flock

Just for the numbnuts that think that Wigan or any other team that decides to hold some Izzy protest at their games ... such as Gay pride .... is a good idea ...

Nothing will catapult Izzy to the status of martyre and champion of the "oppressed" quicker than the sight of a lone man standing on the field being vilified and abused for his religous beliefs by 30,000 screaming pagans ....

The total absurdity of such an action will only add to his fame and global supporter base .... he only needs 1% of viewers to empathise with him to become an international messiah ...

Dumb, dumb dumb ......

God has a dark sense of humour ........

Paris: The prayer meeting at an evangelical church in Mulhouse, a small city in eastern France near the border with Germany and Switzerland, was just the latest in a series of such annual gatherings going back a generation.

But this year's meeting - in the words of a regional health official - was "a kind of atomic bomb that went off in the town in late February that we didn't see".

Someone in the crowd of 2500 had the novel coronavirus, kicking off what soon became one of Europe's largest regional clusters of infections, which then quickly spread across the country and eventually overseas.

Psssh, Eastern Paris in that area is basically all nazis so you get what you get, lol.

God has a dark sense of humour ........

Paris: The prayer meeting at an evangelical church in Mulhouse, a small city in eastern France near the border with Germany and Switzerland, was just the latest in a series of such annual gatherings going back a generation.

But this year's meeting - in the words of a regional health official - was "a kind of atomic bomb that went off in the town in late February that we didn't see".

Someone in the crowd of 2500 had the novel coronavirus, kicking off what soon became one of Europe's largest regional clusters of infections, which then quickly spread across the country and eventually overseas.

Sadly , seems to put an entirely different complexion on the expression Going Viral

Izzy during QRL for " discrimination" because they won't register an already contracted player.

LEAGUE
28/05/21

Catalans demand transfer fee as Israel Folau launches legal action against Queensland Rugby League​

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS

English Super League club Catalans have revealed Israel Folau remains on their salary cap after the controversial code-hopper launched legal action against the Queensland Rugby League (QRL).

Folau last week announced his decision to sign with amateur Gold Coast club the Southport Tigers at a bizarre press conference with Clive Palmer, who is paying the dual international’s six-figure salary.

The 32-year-old was aiming to make his club debut against Burleigh on Saturday but is yet to have his registration rubber stamped by the QRL.
Catalans threw Folau a lifeline in the form of a two-year contract in 2020 after he was sacked by Rugby Australia (RA) over a homophobic social media post in 2019.

The Dragons granted Folau compassionate leave at the end of last year due to a family member’s illness and were hopeful he would return to the club during the 2021 Super League season.

They were blindsided by Folau’s signing with Southport and want financial compensation in return for his contractual release. “If he doesn’t intend on coming back and wants to play somewhere else, we’ll sit at the table and negotiate a clearance fee,” Catalans football manager Alex Chan told Fairfax Media. “… The sad thing for us is we took a chance when nobody else would, we copped a heap from all angles, and we lost credit here and in the UK.”

Folau, who was awarded a seven-figure settlement from RA after winning an unfair dismissal lawsuit, is once again headed to the courts.
Palmer on Thursday engaged lawyers on Folau’s behalf against the QRL.
The legal action was launched in response to the QRL’s decision not to register Folau until he has been officially released from his Catalans contract.

"The QRL have not received confirmation that Folau is released from his existing playing contract, nor has he received a clearance from his last known registered overseas club,” the governing body confirmed in a statement on Wednesday "The QRL cannot proceed with any registration approval until such time as the clearance is received – this is in accordance with current national policy regarding international clearances playing at any level of the game.

"On receipt of international clearance, Folau will be granted permission to register for the Southport Tigers at a community rugby league level and no higher, as per the registration request that has been made."

Attachments

• 1622261967846.gif
    1622261967846.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 8
What should have been a 'pull your head in Izzy' has now become an International Joke, making Izzy millions, almost bring Rugby Union to its knees, now infecting RL and making good ongoing stories to up the sales of newsprint and TV shows. Fair dinkum. In the 70s they would have said 'pull your head in, Izzy' and got on with it. Most would have ignored him. The whole issue has become a very expensive joke and while Izzy and the media have made a motza, RU and RL have suffered.

When Clives involved you know something dodgy is going on. The Don King of Rugby League. (Bit over the top, but anytime I can bash Don King I will.)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6