The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
NRL COM Season 2018 Player stats
Leading Missed tackles

* Brian Kelly Games Played 24 Missed Tackles 79

*Tom Turbo GP 22 MT 35

*Matt Wright GP 17 MT 25

*Suli GP 15 MT14

*Parker GP 17 MT 14

*Jorge GP 12 MT 9

Useless stats without the tackles made stat. Comparing defensive loads between centres and wingers/fullbacks is also pretty useless.

Centres make between 15-25 tackles a game. Fullbacks/wingers generally less than 5 per game

Useless stats without the tackles made stat. Comparing defensive loads between centres and wingers/fullbacks is also pretty useless.

Centres make between 15-25 tackles a game. Fullbacks/wingers generally less than 5 per game
I saw enough Manly games to validate those stats . IMO That back line in the slowest in the NRL .

Dane Gagai missed 70 he's crap too.... Oh wait, he's a Qld rep player in a top 4 team...
Thurston missed 88... He's terrible, oh that's right he's the best player to ever play the game.

Just another witch-hunt. It'll be someone new next year ...

Here is your witch hunt . Check our back line defence . They are not in the race ;)
Here are your stats @Batty seeing is believing

Last edited:
In fairness, Kelly had plenty of help in those missed tackles by being put in numerous pressure situations by his inside defenders.
Not just that play, but the fact the opposition rolled through our ruck playing the ball like a touch footy game, its a lonely tough place to be and make decisions, with the attack coming at you with a 2 - 3 man overlap.
Sure Kelly missed a few 1 on 1 tackles, but I would say majority of the overall total misses, he had plenty of help.
His attack was very good, making the opportunities himself, would love to see him get more quality opportunities....his footwork is up with the best.
What wins me over mainly in a tough season, he gets into scoot or 1 off, to take the ugly hit ups and for a small bloke, must be surprisingly strong....almost always wins metres and unlike many team mates, works hard to win the quick play the ball, earning needed momentum and often wins penalties with his enthusiasm.

Seriously ... again with this relentless **** .... @BOZO please start a poll to find anybody that hasn't read your **** 1627 times ..... there will only be one or two ...... then please PM them your **** of an opinion on Kelly to them privately as many times a week as you like ...

... alternatively please seek mental health care assistance for your obsessional and compulsive bag the **** out of a good young man disorder .... you ****en wacko ...

Seriously ... again with this relentless **** .... @BOZO please start a poll to find anybody that hasn't read your **** 1627 times ..... there will only be one or two ...... then please PM them your **** of an opinion on Kelly to them privately as many times a week as you like ...

... alternatively please seek mental health care assistance for your obsessional and compulsive bag the **** out of a good young man disorder .... you ****en wacko ...
We all have our own relentlesse's on here . For the sensitive souls that are not resilient enough and cant cope there is...
the block button
or the not respond option .
Good luck and have a nice day

Matai at 22 years of age had well and truly fixed his defensive lapses like most good young players do and was defensively good enough to represent NZ in 2006 smashing and breaking rep players in two
We all live in hope . What is life without hope HM ?

Stop making Shiite up ....... Matai had only played 11 NRL games by the time he was 22 .. you buffoon!

Stop making Shiite up ....... Matai had only played 11 NRL games by the time he was 22 .. you buffoon!

Matai was born 1984
Matai signed with Manly in 2005
Played for NZ 2006
22 years of age
Check out the facts for your self

Mate, Kelly is 22, but just so you know:

1. Played for Country in City / Country in 2017 at the age of 21
2. Played for NSW against QLD in the junior SOO at the age of 19, in the Under 20's rep team in 2015
3. Played for the Junior Kangaroo's against NZ in 2016 at the age of 20.

He hasn't had a bad track record either, mate (already).

Matai at 22 years of age had well and truly fixed his defensive lapses like most good young players do and was defensively good enough to represent NZ in 2006 smashing and breaking rep players in two
We all live in hope . What is life without hope HM ?
G'day all,As a player Steve Matai is one of my all time favourites and his value to our team was undeniable.But he still had a high missed tackle ratio throughout his career too, which doesn't diminish his standing whatsoever, as his overall contribution was far greater than that one statistic.I think Brian is a fine natural footballer who has great potential and like most young players has areas he needs to work on, defence being one of them.I hope we persevere with him.
cheers mike

Mate, Kelly is 22, but just so you know:

1. Played for Country in City / Country in 2017 at the age of 21
2. Played for NSW against QLD in the junior SOO at the age of 19, in the Under 20's rep team in 2015
3. Played for the Junior Kangaroo's against NZ in 2016 at the age of 20.

He hasn't had a bad track record either, mate (already).
If you can recall in 2017 the City and Country teams were having trouble finding players as teams were making players unavailable for selection
Kelly was not in the preferred selection .
LEADING rugby league journalist Paul Kent has squarely pointed the blame at the National Rugby League for the controversy surrounding this week’s City-Country origin fixture.
The representative fixture turned into a farce on Monday when City Origin were forced to delay naming their side as clubs refused to release players.
As far as Junior selection goes that track has no record in NRL level .
I take you are a fan of Brian and good luck to you mate . My bench mark is higher than what players did at school and junior level . I rate them against the fastest , strongest and most skillful at the elite level .
Thanks for your reply

Last edited:
G'day all,As a player Steve Matai is one of my all time favourites and his value to our team was undeniable.But he still had a high missed tackle ratio throughout his career too, which doesn't diminish his standing whatsoever, as his overall contribution was far greater than that one statistic.I think Brian is a fine natural footballer who has great potential and like most young players has areas he needs to work on, defence being one of them.I hope we persevere with him.
cheers mike
I love Matai as well mate . One of the most inspirational players I have ever seen
Matai would Lift his backs
He would Lift his forwards
He would Lift the crowd
His actions on the field spoke louder than any supporters praise
Steve+Matai+NRL+Rd+16+Dragons+v+Sea+Eagles+kqiOxeyGC__l.jpg

Kelly is a good, young player with potential. Did some great things this year that shows he has ability. More importantly who are you going to replace him with? Some of the names e.g. ‘The Jet’ are just unrealistic. We have a well reported salary cap fine and limited TPA’s. There is also the small issue of having a very poor year, no coach - our reputation will not attract players. Kelly is taking up far less of the cap than another 6/7 players and we need good, solid squad players as well. And to think that there was a thread espousing the relative merits of Brad Parker over Kelly. Some perspective please.

Matai was born 1984
Matai signed with Manly in 2005
Played for NZ 2006
22 years of age
Check out the facts for your self

How, in your dribblers mind, does that support your grandiose statement that (quote) .. " Matai at 22 years of age had well and truly fixed his defensive lapses like most good young players do "

I repeat, by 2006. when aged 22, Matai had only played 11 first grade games, and many wise people on here remember it took him several seasons to become the full package ... and even then missed his share ..

Now, if again you think that comparing Kelly, to one of the best centres this club has ever had, is somehow evidence that Kelly is useless, you need to spend less time drooling in a mirror.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10