The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Kelly is going great this year as same with this time last year ,He will be better again he will have learnt from last year ,first grade is a tough gig to play consistently well every week
I believe he will play every game in firsts this year barring injury
The other guys will just have to wait for there turn

lurker

Beaver lover
to be fair to Bozo he has a sick family member right now so is understandably pre-occupied[/QUOTE
Not so pre-occupied that he couldn't crawl out from under his bridge and call me a ****er because i criticised his opinion and lack of balance. I didn't criticise him personally and i feel for his situation which i was unaware of.

Though if i wanted to say something about him i might mention the vanity of making his display picture a shirtless selfy.......

just saying........

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Nathan Brown was on NRL 360 last week and he was impressive saying that what the hardest thing to achieve in player performance is consistency across all facets of their game. Putting aside skill set and and the freak factor, if you make first grade you are a talented footballer, but that is simply the base point from which you build a career. He described the difference between top players and the lower tier players as the difference between their great games and no so good games. A top tier star player has off weeks but there performance point is still high. Putting aside expectations but performance levels ranked 1 to 10. He described a top player's poorest games being about 7 out of 10 and a good games being above that. Whereas as the lower tier player's bad performances drop well below 7 out of 10. He also described the top tier player's personal game preparation as superior. I think Kelly looks fitter and stronger than last year and it looks like he had a great off season. His form reflects that and it's great to see him in good form as he has real talent but he now needs to build consistency. He ain't there yet. Getting dropped (oops I meant "rested in Reggies" last year) was part of his development and a necessary measure taken by TB.
Great post , TE . Consistency is the key .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Not so pre-occupied that he couldn't crawl out from under his bridge and call me a ****er because i criticised his opinion and lack of balance. I didn't criticise him personally and i feel for his situation which i was unaware of.

Though if i wanted to say something about him i might mention the vanity of making his display picture a shirtless selfy.......

just saying........
Body building is a work of art and not vanity . We don't train to keep our shirts on feathered friend
I can simply judge you for being a faceless person because you don't have your picture on here but I wont and should not because I don't know you . There are many reasons why people don't put their photos up or take their shirts off and unless we know them we should not label them
Just saying ;)

Kevinward777

First Grader
Sorry for the late response as I have a family member critically ill in hospital
I did post a few times that he had a good game . Good to some maybe great to others . I thought both Parker and Kelly were good
Kelly is going great this year as same with this time last year ,He will be better again he will have learnt from last year ,first grade is a tough gig to play consistently well every week
I believe he will play every game in firsts this year barring injury
The other guys will just have to wait for there turn
He is doing really well, looks stronger and faster than last season.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
@BOZO just read this thread mate - so sorry to hear about your family member champion. If you ever need a chat or someone to talk to, hit me up. Like you say, we are all one community. Hope the Manly destruction of The Eels cheered you up.
Thank you for powerful words of compassion Ryan . Your kind thoughts are very much appreciated . One kind thought makes a persons day !!!
The Manly Mauling of the helpless certainly lifted my spirits .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
He is doing really well, looks stronger and faster than last season.
Kelly is doing really well early in the season as he did last season . Going by the 2017 highlights I don't see that he has put on any more speed and size . I Hope he has a more consistent year this year .

Kelly is going great at the moment.
While making Jarhead Plane look ordinary isn't exactly a world first anymore, it does show he has some ability.

He probably won't be a Lyon or a Matai, but he will be a Bell or better at least.

Good enough in my book to keep nurturing, regardless of what feathered friend clowns say.

Mark - your 1st post is well on the money.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
The speed and size stuff is completely over rated

In 3 of his last 4 games he has given Waqa Blake, moga and Hayne a bath

We also had a bloke called Lyon, the best centre of the NRL era, who was neither the fastest or the biggest but not many got the better of him

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Kelly is going great at the moment.
While making Jarhead Plane look ordinary isn't exactly a world first anymore, it does show he has some ability.

He probably won't be a Lyon or a Matai, but he will be a Bell or better at least.

Good enough in my book to keep nurturing, regardless of what feathered friend clowns say.

Mark - your 1st post is well on the money.
Lol, had to go back and see what I said, and yes the opinion hasn’t changed.

I think he’s on a 3 year contract and I’d suggest he’ll be a very valuable part of the team by the end of that 3rd year ( if not already).

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
CLUBS CHASE GREAT DANE CLONE
FORMER Titans young gun Brian Kelly has become one of the most sought after centres in the NRL and drawn comparisons with Origin star Dane Gagai.

Kelly, 21, has made the most of his move to Manly since being released by former Gold Coast coach Neil Henry.

02b3b486df8eaba9425216dd00374e14

Brian Kelly was let go by the Gold Coast Titans. Picture: Phil Hillyard
He has now made 25 NRL appearances and is catching the eye of cashed-up clubs looking for a young centre on the rise.

The Sea Eagles are making moves to retain the off-contract Kelly, possibly for another three years.

Kelly, who scored four tries for NSW in the 2015 under-20s Origin, is turning out to be the one that got away from the Titans.

Former Rabbitohs recruitment officer Scott Sattler tried to lure Kelly to South Sydney in 2015 and said he could be on the NRL’s next big things.

“He is a really respectful kid with a great character,” Sattler said.

“He has a great raw, athletic ability. He reminds me of Dane Gagai.

“I tried to get him to South Sydney when I was doing recruitment work for them.

“He is a really good kid. He is low maintenance.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/339efab4ad6e0d558015e521003e19c5

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
CLUBS CHASE GREAT DANE CLONE
FORMER Titans young gun Brian Kelly has become one of the most sought after centres in the NRL and drawn comparisons with Origin star Dane Gagai.

Kelly, 21, has made the most of his move to Manly since being released by former Gold Coast coach Neil Henry.

02b3b486df8eaba9425216dd00374e14

Brian Kelly was let go by the Gold Coast Titans. Picture: Phil Hillyard
He has now made 25 NRL appearances and is catching the eye of cashed-up clubs looking for a young centre on the rise.

The Sea Eagles are making moves to retain the off-contract Kelly, possibly for another three years.

Kelly, who scored four tries for NSW in the 2015 under-20s Origin, is turning out to be the one that got away from the Titans.

Former Rabbitohs recruitment officer Scott Sattler tried to lure Kelly to South Sydney in 2015 and said he could be on the NRL’s next big things.

“He is a really respectful kid with a great character,” Sattler said.

“He has a great raw, athletic ability. He reminds me of Dane Gagai.

“I tried to get him to South Sydney when I was doing recruitment work for them.

“He is a really good kid. He is low maintenance.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/339efab4ad6e0d558015e521003e19c5

That's just fukken Gold!!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18