The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still think he is our 3rd best centre but he is playing a lot better this year, not that there is a lot in it.

Either way between him and Parker we have 2 very good youngsters ready to step in.

Seems to have had a big off season.
It’s easy to forget he is still so young and only in his 2nd season.
He looks bigger, faster and more electric in 2018.
Really impressed when he copped a head bash against Eels, yet still helped Thompson drag an Eels attacer 10m over the sideline, bandaged up his melon, then went on to tackle well and make some runs.
Then made Hayne like like a plane wreck.
Kelly seems a real competitor also, many flashy centres with similar attributes want the ball in space or in good positions, this kid takes ugly hit ups, chases hard and finds the game when it it’s not coming to him.
I need some other opinions, but especially my mate Bozo, to see if he feels this kid has a big future at Manly ??

Really impressed when he copped a head bash against Eels, yet still helped Thompson drag an Eels attacer 10m over the sideline, bandaged up his melon, then went on to tackle well and make some runs.
Kelly seems a real competitor also, many flashy centres with similar attributes want the ball in space or in good positions, this kid takes ugly hit ups, chases hard and finds the game when it it’s not coming to him.
I need some other opinions, but especially my mate Bozo, to see if he feels this kid has a big future at Manly ??
Bozo will be quiet untill we have a loss, then he will have his next target.

Yes we need to understand that family comes first so maybe lay off Bozo just for the moment.

But agree Kelly who has a fair break out year is not having “ second year syndrome “, he’s going like a house on fire!

Kelly was great last year before taufua got injured. They are a great pair and his dip in form coincided with Jorge being out. He's been picked in the NSW origin up and comers as well from memory so he was always going to have a big year according to some of the games experts. The doubters were way to quick on the draw.

Yes we need to understand that family comes first so maybe lay off Bozo just for the moment.

But agree Kelly who has a fair break out year is not having “ second year syndrome “, he’s going like a house on fire!
Thank you for your sentiments feathered friend . In some point of our lives no one escapes tragedy but life continues and life becomes more enjoyable when our Sea eagles win .
I agree Kelly did have another good game and I always called it how I I see it and as I have said before I hope he continues to improve for the sake of our team .

Hey maxta , happy to answer your question . My opinion after only round 2 is .....
If Kelly has another inconsistent year like last year he will be dropped again
but if he plays consistent footy he will have a future.
We also have other possible future centre stars in the dynamic and electrifying Tom Wright and the powerful and explosive Moses Suli who I am a ***HUGE *** fan of both . Parker is also another strong performer .
I am a big on consistency and that is what makes great players .
Time will tell where the future lies . It always does feathered friend ;)

Hey maxta , happy to answer your question . My opinion after only round 2 is .....
If Kelly has another inconsistent year like last year he will be dropped again
but if he plays consistent footy he will have a future.
We also have other possible future centre stars in the dynamic and electrifying Tom Wright and the powerful and explosive Moses Suli who I am a ***HUGE *** fan of both . Parker is also another strong performer .
I am a big on consistency and that is what makes great players .
Time will tell where the future lies . It always does feathered friend ;)
Hey Bozo - hope all is good mate.
Appreciate you finally getting back to us.
Still no acceptance of Kelly playing a great game against Eels??
I do agree withTom Wright and Suli though, both great prospects.
Anyways, good to know your alive and well....I thought you must have been lost deep in the Amazon with no connection !!

Hey Bozo - hope all is good mate.
Appreciate you finally getting back to us.
Still no acceptance of Kelly playing a great game against Eels??
I do agree withTom Wright and Suli though, both great prospects.
Anyways, good to know your alive and well....I thought you must have been lost deep in the Amazon with no connection !!
Sorry for the late response as I have a family member critically ill in hospital
I did post a few times that he had a good game . Good to some maybe great to others . I thought both Parker and Kelly were good

Thank you for your sentiments feathered friend . In some point of our lives no one escapes tragedy but life continues and life becomes more enjoyable when our Sea eagles win .
I agree Kelly did have another good game and I always called it how I I see it and as I have said before I hope he continues to improve for the sake of our team .

Nathan Brown was on NRL 360 last week and he was impressive saying that what the hardest thing to achieve in player performance is consistency across all facets of their game. Putting aside skill set and and the freak factor, if you make first grade you are a talented footballer, but that is simply the base point from which you build a career. He described the difference between top players and the lower tier players as the difference between their great games and no so good games. A top tier star player has off weeks but there performance point is still high. Putting aside expectations but performance levels ranked 1 to 10. He described a top player's poorest games being about 7 out of 10 and a good games being above that. Whereas as the lower tier player's bad performances drop well below 7 out of 10. He also described the top tier player's personal game preparation as superior. I think Kelly looks fitter and stronger than last year and it looks like he had a great off season. His form reflects that and it's great to see him in good form as he has real talent but he now needs to build consistency. He ain't there yet. Getting dropped (oops I meant "rested in Reggies" last year) was part of his development and a necessary measure taken by TB.

Sorry for the late response as I have a family member critically ill in hospital
I did post a few times that he had a good game . Good to some maybe great to others . I thought both Parker and Kelly were good
Sorry to hear the bad news Bozo, keep your chin up mate - thoughts are with you...

Sorry to hear the bad news Bozo, keep your chin up mate - thoughts are with you...
Many thanks maxta and hope your family stays happy, safe and well .
I want you to know I am happy to be proven wrong when our players play well . I like our Manly team winning , I am a sore loser :rofl:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8