The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
He's also demonstrated some REALLY nice footwork in attack, the type of footwork that enables a player to beat his inside or outside man nine times out of ten when the defence is back peddling. He then breaks the line and is able to set up his support runners either side. I remember reading somewhere in the pre season where a Manly player (think it may have been Walker) said he was amazed at the footwork of Kelly. Matai wasn't ever a speedster and I think Kelly is at least as quick as him. Good feet, a good head and an ability to throw left or right at pace is more than enough for a centre to develop into a top quality attacking player. Like I've said, I'd had enough of Kelly in the last month.....at the start of the year I saw enough of the above to be excited about the kid, but he was looking uncertain and as a result was making several errors. Last night took that excitement to the next level. Will he kick on? I really hope so, but if he doesn't it won't be because he was lacking in the skills required that's for certain. Roberts is a very fast and dangerous centre, but I reckon Kelly has the potential to be a much more skillful player than Jimmy Roberts will ever be.
Kelly has the potential to be a much more skillful player than Jimmy Roberts will ever be..........
You obviously have not seen much of the Jet and his footwork .
Maybe you blink too much Kevin ?
One blink and the Jet is gone :)

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Ok feathered friend here are some facts ;)
The flying catch me if you can Jimmy the jet is not the only Big Name Player not to win a Premiership and comes with illustrious company ....
*Wally the Immortal Lewis
* The Flying Steve Rogers and Andrew Ettinghauson
Just to name a few.....
Dynamic Big Name match winners that never played rep footy include ...
* The Brilliant razzle dazzle Preston Campbell
* Our premiership winning captain and Dally M Medal Winner Matt Orford
Other Dynmic Impact Speedsters include Luke Burt and the general Luke Patten
If you know your footy K.E. then you would know that Jimmy the Jet is a champion Player

Know my footy well enough to know that champion players don't get shown the exit sign from multiple clubs

Also if we want some facts, stats further up the page also show that outside of having some extra pace he isn't a standout among his peers in most areas of the game. Those facts also show that if you create something for him, he will finish it off, ask him to create himself or for others, he has very little to offer, and Kelly outstrips him in those areas extremely comfortably

The facts we also know is that he is a champion player in regards to being a dickhead off the park and there are some massive contenders in that department ;)

Snake

Snake's Alive!
One of the things I have noticed in the last few weeks regarding James Roberts, is that he rarely (if ever) chases the opposition after a line break. It's as if he sees the defensive line as the only opportunity to stop a try...once the opposition attack goes past the first line of defence, it's cue to walk or jog back and watch the play unfold.

Dare I speak his name on this forum, but a former Newcastle Knight who was considered to be the fastest player in the game, used to run down opposition attackers consistently. I don't recall Roberts ever running a player down in defence.

The Who

Journey Man
I think Roberts is over-rated. He doesn't 'inject' himself into the match (no pun intended).
Sure, he has blistering pace and in attack is a handful. But pace alone doesn't make a champion centre. Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai are perfect examples. A centre needs to be able to set up his wingers, and to defend.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Know my footy well enough to know that champion players don't get shown the exit sign from multiple clubs

Also if we want some facts, stats further up the page also show that outside of having some extra pace he isn't a standout among his peers in most areas of the game. Those facts also show that if you create something for him, he will finish it off, ask him to create himself or for others, he has very little to offer, and Kelly outstrips him in those areas extremely comfortably

The facts we also know is that he is a champion player in regards to being a dickhead off the park and there are some massive contenders in that department ;)
The Jet can not create a break for others and one game wonder Kelly has more to offer than the Jet ...
Keep drinking that Kiwi juice but try not too add to much alcohol in it feathered friend :)

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
One of the things I have noticed in the last few weeks regarding James Roberts, is that he rarely (if ever) chases the opposition after a line break. It's as if he sees the defensive line as the only opportunity to stop a try...once the opposition attack goes past the first line of defence, it's cue to walk or jog back and watch the play unfold.

Dare I speak his name on this forum, but a former Newcastle Knight who was considered to be the fastest player in the game, used to run down opposition attackers consistently. I don't recall Roberts ever running a player down in defence.
You never recall the Jet running down a player ?
You blink too much feathered friend . LOL :)

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
The Jet can not create a break for others and one game wonder Kelly has more to offer than the Jet ...
Keep drinking that Kiwi juice but try not to add to much alcohol in it feathered friend :)

More deflections bozo but you liked the facts word so dissect these for me and I'll add current SOO player of the series Gagai in for good measure

LineBreaks Roberts 14 Kelly 12 Gagai 10
LineBreak assists Kelly 6 Gagai 6 Roberts 2
Try Assists Gagai 9 Kelly 7 Roberts 5

To clarify, I'm not saying at all Kelly is a better player than these guys, but for the bagging he is getting from you I'm not seeing the huge discrepancy that should suggest the gulf you're talking about

The Indian

Bencher
James Roberts would be (in my opinion ) one of the most over rated footballers going around..... but back to Kelly - it was great to see him return to form and remind us what talent he does have. The much maligned group of Kelly, Wright, Lussick to name a few all had their best games in ages....what a difference it makes when those that are often dragging the chain end up being amongst our best.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So now to put Kelly down .. we are comparing him to a 6 year, 100 game veteran ... FMD!
I am not putting anyone down . I am not bringing his personal life in to it like some are doing on the Jet . I am only stating the footy facts .
I would not FYD or Alive :)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
More deflections bozo but you liked the facts word so dissect these for me

LineBreaks Roberts 14 Kelly 12
LineBreak assists Kelly 6 Roberts 2
Try Assists Kelly 7 Roberts 5
The Fact is one game wonder Kelly is a better player than Roberts
Well done !!! LOL

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Lol as predicted you couldn't deliver

Tell you what though, Kelly in your opinion should nearly be the best player ever, amazingly good stats to have in "1 good game"
Yes I agree with you . One good game and your a legend LOL

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
We're too quick to assume Kelly is slow and small.
Given him another off season or two and he will be much quicker and stronger as he grows into his body.
I hope so and when he does we will give him credit as most here say it how they see it

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18