The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Haha totally agree
The subject poster (who obviously believes he is a passionate fan and has a right to say anything 1000 times) is in reality an embarrassment to other Manly fans.

Any player who wears the maroon and white deserves support, especially when they are busting their arises each week. They should not be bagged for not being good enough - we should be taking up this issue with our recruiters!

Impossible, when subject poster's namesake is said recruiter.

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
Haha totally agree
The subject poster (who obviously believes he is a passionate fan and has a right to say anything 1000 times) is in reality an embarrassment to other Manly fans.

Any player who wears the maroon and white deserves support, especially when they are busting their arises each week. They should not be bagged for not being good enough - we should be taking up this issue with our recruiters!

Come on get over yourselves!

Fans of every club in every football code in every country in the world bag their own players when their performances stink.

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
If not the same guy then definitely the same type of guy.

images (1).jpg

eadie fan

Reserve Grader
Come on get over yourselves!

Fans of every club in every football code in every country in the world bag their own players when their performances stink.

True. I do it myself during a game - but if the player is trying, I soon forget about it. I don't keep harping on it until I bore everyone else to death. Why don't we save our angst for the scum, slime, etc!!!!!

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
True. I do it myself during a game - but if the player is trying, I soon forget about it. I don't keep harping on it until I bore everyone else to death. Why don't we save our angst for the scum, slime, etc!!!!!

I would ask this question, would this thread have had legs for this long if Kelly hadn't been giving the knockers plenty of ammunition?

I'm stoked the bloke had a good game on Saturday but that certainly didn't change the missed tackles and dropped balls from plenty of weeks before.
And Spartan was making a very fair point, he was dropped, it wasn't the fans on this forum who did that.
If Parker doesn't get injured..............

eadie fan

Reserve Grader
I would ask this question, would this thread have had legs for this long if Kelly hadn't been giving the knockers plenty of ammunition?

I'm stoked the bloke had a good game on Saturday but that certainly didn't change the missed tackles and dropped balls from plenty of weeks before.
And Spartan was making a very fair point, he was dropped, it wasn't the fans on this forum who did that.

I don't think there is any Manly supporter who doesn't agree with Kelly having a lot of bad games over the last few months. He wasn't alone on that score! My question is - was he trying his guts out or was he totally disinterested and couldn't give a s^&t? I'm sure you agree he was trying every minute of every game. If that is the case, no supporter should be calling for him to f&^k off and that he is not worthy of the maroon and white. If a couple of bad games is worthy of that type of call against a player, we would only have Jake T as our sole player!! I think some supporters should think about what being a "supporter" means.

Anyway, Go Manly!!!!!

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
I don't think there is any Manly supporter who doesn't agree with Kelly having a lot of bad games over the last few months. He wasn't alone on that score! My question is - was he trying his guts out or was he totally disinterested and couldn't give a s^&t? I'm sure you agree he was trying every minute of every game. If that is the case, no supporter should be calling for him to f&^k off and that he is not worthy of the maroon and white. If a couple of bad games is worthy of that type of call against a player, we would only have Jake T as our sole player!! I think some supporters should think about what being a "supporter" means.

Anyway, Go Manly!!!!!

Agree, Go Manly!!!

yokahontas

Bencher
Come on people.......................as a big critic, I'll admit he played well today but this is the sort of rhetoric that ends up creating "stars" that just aren't.

How much of today's performance was because the WHOLE team was up!
There's an old adage that it's always easy to play well in a winning team.

I hope you are all right and he becomes a star but lets not get carried away with tonight!!

Actually, I reckon a good deal of Kelly's defensive improvement (starting with the second half last week and continuing into this week) was that he gave up on relying on the guys around him to help him out, and made good, early decisions off his own bat. Numerous examples of him deliberately coming out of the line to shut his opposite number down early - and that's an individual effort if ever you'll see one.

Last edited:

Kevinward777

First Grader

Like an enigma. If you only had 39 baskets but someone told you you had forty.

Actually, I reckon a good deal of Kelly's defensive improvement (starting with the second half last week and continuing into this week) was that he gave up on relying on the guys around him to help him out, and made good, early decisions off his own bat. Numerous examples of him deliberately coming out of the line to shut a his opposite number down early - and that's an individual effort if ever you'll see one.
His decision making was deliberate and made early in the play, it's so obvious when you watch the game again. There was no second guessing or split second uncertainty, and that is down to the kid. As I said earlier, I was so happy with his performance, his best game for the club, and evidently confirmed that the promise he showed earlier in the year was no flash in the pan.

yokahontas

Bencher
His decision making was deliberate and made early in the play, it's so obvious when you watch the game again. There was no second guessing or split second uncertainty, and that is down to the kid. As I said earlier, I was so happy with his performance, his best game for the club, and evidently confirmed that the promise he showed earlier in the year was no flash in the pan.

Totally agree. It was obvious in his first few games that the kid has a very good football brain, and reads the play very well in both attack and defence. Regaining a little bit of confidence and trust in his own instincts made a big difference - he's definitely got a bit of Matai about him in his ability to rush out of the line and make it stick when needed.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
What is standing out about Kelly defensively, is the number of times especially in the past two games , when he has run up quickly on attackers and broken the other sides attacking pattern. He's been doing it regularly but hasnt been getting credit even on this forum, for defusing many attacking raids and in fact causing opposition players to lose the ball, so quick is his action. Only Api is as good at it. It also explains why he has several missed tackles because if it doesnt come off he fails to take out his target. But his actions in the last few games time and again gave Manly more metres and several times the ball they would not have otherwise enjoyed.

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
Totally agree. It was obvious in his first few games that the kid has a very good football brain, and reads the play very well in both attack and defence. Regaining a little bit of confidence and trust in his own instincts made a big difference - he's definitely got a bit of Matai about him in his ability to rush out of the line and make it stick when needed.

I will concede this..............I was impressed with his run back to the inside when Turbo made that break.......................unfortunately Turbo's football brain isn't as astute and he threw the ball wide instead..........but if you noticed the run, it showed the "football brain" you are talking about
If Turbo gives it to Kelly on the inside, he almost scores I reckon.

My reservations on Kelly are that he simply does not have the physical attributes - size, strength and most importantly SPEED.

It's hard to beat nature!

yokahontas

Bencher
I will concede this..............I was impressed with his run back to the inside when Turbo made that break.......................unfortunately Turbo's football brain isn't as astute and he threw the ball wide instead..........but if you noticed the run, it showed the "football brain" you are talking about
If Turbo gives it to Kelly on the inside, he almost scores I reckon.

My reservations on Kelly are that he simply does not have the physical attributes - size, strength and most importantly SPEED.

It's hard to beat nature!

His size and strength will improve, and I really don't get the carry-on about speed - plenty of guys getting around who are quick, but dumb as dogsh*t and totally incapable of either throwing the right pass to someone else, or putting themselves in the right place at the right time to receive a pass. You need a mix across the backline, one or two pure speedsters, sure. But not everyone needs to be an Olympic sprinter.

What you can't work on in the gym or coach into a player are the footballing instincts. Kelly's got good ones.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
His size and strength will improve, and I really don't get the carry-on about speed - plenty of guys getting around who are quick, but dumb as dogsh*t and totally incapable of either throwing the right pass to someone else, or putting themselves in the right place at the right time to receive a pass. You need a mix across the backline, one or two pure speedsters, sure. But not everyone needs to be an Olympic sprinter.

What you can't work on in the gym or coach into a player are the footballing instincts. Kelly's got good ones.
A rest and an off season programme will make all the difference to this bloke.
I've said before Darryl Williams clone.

brad

First Grader
He was down on form and confidence and part of that was a pack of forwards playing a bit soft exposing him defensively and some blame on himself.But I get what Woodsie is saying,he is a young Aboriginal bloke not used to being far away from his support group and when things went bad he didn't have that close support to turn to which he was used to(large support group).He has managed to turn things around with the support of the club etc... and good on him and the club.
(Frank Stokes)

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
And while we are heaping prise on Kelly, who was fantastic after a period of poor performances, what about mentioning the performance of Wright? He's not a great goal kicker, and is probably the slowest winger in the comp, but last night he was terrific in general play. He is really safe under the high ball and did his share of hitups and tough defence.
I've been critical of both players but last night I was beaming at the performance of them both.
Well done Brian and Johnno. You did yourselves and the club proud. Keep up that standard and you'll win us all over.

I feel sorry for Wright, looking at him his hand is taped and padded up, his left arm was hanging motionless at half time, and wouldn't be surprised if he is carrying a leg injury too. I thought after half time the way his arm was that he would struggle but he held is own and kept having a massive dig. Our left side defence and attack was very good last night!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18