The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yeah that’s what I was wondering? Bit weird but he was signing a lot of papers that his wife was overlooking for the entire time

What was the mood of the people involved mate? Was Wayne smiling? Kelly? His wife?

The other guy collecting the papers as they were signed intrigues me. Surely a contract or release would only be 10 odd pages(?) and would be handed over in one go. ?

Sounds like promo stuff to me and I doubt Kelly would be involved in that if he is leaving.

Mitch

Bencher
What was the mood of the people involved mate? Was Wayne smiling? Kelly? His wife?

The other guy collecting the papers as they were signed intrigues me. Surely a contract or release would only be 10 odd pages(?) and would be handed over in one go. ?

Sounds like promo stuff to me and I doubt Kelly would be involved in that if he is leaving.

Pretty certain it was as simple as them possibly playing trivia, mate. Certainly nothing to do with a contract.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
DT

TITANS SET TO SWOOP ON MANLY STRIKE CENTRE

MANLY are unlikely to stand in the way of Brian Kelly rejoining the Titans next season. There could be more movement too with forwards Lloyd Perrett and Frank Winterstein potentially on the move. Meanwhile, he may be a veteran of 18 Tests for the Kiwis but Lewis Brown is struggling to find a new home.

The newly-promoted London Broncos have circled Brown but the 32-year-old is adamant he still has at least another season left in him in the NRL. He played just two games this year after falling out with Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
If the reports are true I am not surprised Des does not want to stand in the way of Brian Kelly wanting to leave . All coaches have their preferred players .
You dont build passion within the team with players that have a desire to play for another club . Desire is passion on fire and thats what we want .Players that desire to play for Manly !!!
DQEIfGsXkAEw9gr.jpg

D

Deleted member 26876

Wayne looked pretty neutral, and it was pretty hard to tell with kelly.

He laughed when an nrl ad came on that showed him getting smashed though

manly al

First Grader
For once I'll be hoping the tele is correct.
Not sure if there would be too many clubs out there willing to take them on, Still need some worthwhile replacements or replacement if this does eventuate and also not sure if this is an easy outcome either

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
It sounds like Brian Kelly is probably on the move. That's a real shame. I'm of the belief that when you have a talented player who is also a great human being then you should do your best to keep them. Brian Kelly fits that mould so well.

I have to be honest and say that Brian Kelly and Jake Trbojevic are the only 2 players who I could point at and say that they got me through supporting Manly in the last 2 seasons. If he is going back to the Titans then it is probably for some deeper personal reasons and I can't begrudge him for that. In a strange twist of fate, the Titans could eventually end up with a Brian Kelly/James Roberts centre pairing. A move to the Tigers would have been tough to take.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
It sounds like Brian Kelly is probably on the move. That's a real shame. I'm of the belief that when you have a talented player who is also a great human being then you should do your best to keep them. Brian Kelly fits that mould so well.

I have to be honest and say that Brian Kelly and Jake Trbojevic are the only 2 players who I could point at and say that they got me through supporting Manly in the last 2 seasons. If he is going back to the Titans then it is probably for some deeper personal reasons and I can't begrudge him for that. In a strange twist of fate, the Titans could eventually end up with a Brian Kelly/James Roberts centre pairing. A move to the Tigers would have been tough to take.
I agree with you that as a "role model" Brian was exemplary . Good luck to him . Everyone has to do whats best for them selves and be happy .

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I suspect that Manly are trying to rush Albert Hopoate through to first grade and that means full back. Tom T. would then replace Kelly, if he goes, alongside Walker. Not straight away, but they didn't make him one of the 29 players chosen to sit on the side lines. I suspect they have big aims for the kid. He's about 18 now and its obvious the club thinks he's ready. Look out for him to be added to the first grade side by mid season.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
It appears that whatever the truth ... Kelly will be with us next year ..... and a lot can and will happen before 2020 rocks around ...

PSS .... for those that are saying Kelly's $160K wont free up cap space .... I doubt that would be his asking price for an upgrade ... and nor should it ..... he has earned a pay rise .... how much ??

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I suspect that Manly are trying to rush Albert Hopoate through to first grade and that means full back. Tom T. would then replace Kelly, if he goes, alongside Walker. Not straight away, but they didn't make him one of the 29 players chosen to sit on the side lines. I suspect they have big aims for the kid. He's about 18 now and its obvious the club thinks he's ready. Look out for him to be added to the first grade side by mid season.
Albert Hopoate is known to be a super star in the making . Astute clubs would be circling . This is one player we must lock up. Looks as electrifying as Tom Turbo did in the lower grades .
1. Albert
3 Walker
4 Tom Turbo
Thats lethal !!!
Now that is 3 strikes and the opposition is gone . Our wingers would have a field day feeding off these evasive speedsters .
Our future looks so bright I am wearing shades

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
Albert Hopoate is known to be a super star in the making . Astute clubs would be circling . This is one player we must lock up. Looks as electrifying as Tom Turbo did in the lower grades .
1. Albert
3 Walker
4 Tom Turbo
Thats lethal !!!
Now that is 3 strikes and the opposition is gone . Our wingers would have a field day feeding off these evasive speedsters .
Our future looks so bright I am wearing shades

What wingers?

conanu

Bencher
That is exactly what I saw as well. There hasn’t been any official announcement of those re-signings from the club as far as I’m aware. Not to say that hasn’t happened though!
Remember last time Des was here he wasn't too big on announcing signings, Matt Orford being one that slipped in to Manly under the radar.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18