The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Depends on each individual, and what they want out of their club mate.

Some of my favorite times were when:
+ Nick Bradley-Qalilawa played pool with us at The Leagues Club, and spoke about water skiing.
+ Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart and Ashley Alberts met us down at Brooky to have a BBQ and play some touch footy out of their own time
+ Speaking one on one with Jason King about the turning culture of the place
+ Speaking to Paul Stephenson at the Leagues club

etc, etc, etc.

We weren't great / skilled then, but jeez, every player broke a spleen to play in and for our jersey at the time, and I had an affinity / connection to them. Just seemed the fans were so much more plugged in and connected.

Nowadays, it's all he's going here this year, next year he's gone, but he's suing for this, that and the other. Mercenary stuff.

I miss the good old days. I get what you're saying though mate, about the games changed and it's a business. I just think that's why it's also dying.

I know you weren't his biggest fan, but I'd love to see Kelly remain. Just his youthful, hopeful smile. His effort. He just seems not only like an amazing player, but an amazing fella.
I can not only see what you are saying but also feel your passion Ryan .
My passion is my club above all players . As long as my club is alive I dont sense any death . When a player leaves I see another one resurrected by our club . Once our club dies then you will see what dying really means .
Any way thats my view . Thank you for sharing yours

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
@Ryan NBQ was a champion bloke and was my personal trainer for a while. Very well spoken and educated man who’s gone onto setting up an online fitness tracker where you send in your workout and he maps your progress. He was also one of Des Haslers high school students at St Pius Chatswood and played schoolboys under Des’s first incarnations of coaching.
As I said at the start a champion well spoken bloke.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Depends on each individual, and what they want out of their club mate.

Some of my favorite times were when:
+ Nick Bradley-Qalilawa played pool with us at The Leagues Club, and spoke about water skiing.
+ Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart and Ashley Alberts met us down at Brooky to have a BBQ and play some touch footy out of their own time
+ Speaking one on one with Jason King about the turning culture of the place
+ Speaking to Paul Stephenson at the Leagues club

etc, etc, etc.

We weren't great / skilled then, but jeez, every player broke a spleen to play in and for our jersey at the time, and I had an affinity / connection to them. Just seemed the fans were so much more plugged in and connected.

Nowadays, it's all he's going here this year, next year he's gone, but he's suing for this, that and the other. Mercenary stuff.

I miss the good old days. I get what you're saying though mate, about the games changed and it's a business. I just think that's why it's also dying.

I know you weren't his biggest fan, but I'd love to see Kelly remain. Just his youthful, hopeful smile. His effort. He just seems not only like an amazing player, but an amazing fella.

You miss the good old days ....... just as well you were not around in the "real" old days (70's) ...... you would have been shagging with the boy's in the Brookie Hotel carpark .....

Leader of the Flock

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have no knowledge of whether young Brian wants out or not; personally I'm hoping any rumours are baseless; as I reckon he's a good'un and will only improve under Dessie and should feature in our long term plans.

However, if he wants to head North for family or personal reasons, I have no problem with that, as his football career will only be a small portion of his life but family is forever.

If it's just about the money, then I believe if you sign a contract, you honour it, ie. "A man's word is his bond" and a good few people these days could learn from that attitude. Jeez, that makes me sound old saying that but it's how I was taught to behave.

Brian will get more money in future and I personally think he should be a priority for long term retention. I'm not saying we go stupid with his contract but he should now be told he'll be on rep player centre money that reflects his real worth for his next contract with the 'Eagles and we should try to sweeten up his present deal a little if possible with some decent TPA money, just make sure that greenslime can't nail us on it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
I'm wondering if the papers that Kelly was signing was something to do with a new car:
https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2...d-as-sea-eagles-new-official-vehicle-partner/
Fits in with timing, potentially even with with the media manager was there. Otherwise, if they release or extension papers, don't you think we would have heard something solid by now (and not just rumors).
As for how the rumor itself, from memory I don't think this has been the first time Kelly returning to the GC has been mentioned. So here's theory; Kells meets up with (extended) family, either in Sydney or up North. They ask him if he thinks about moving back at all, and to be nice his response is something along the lines of: "I'd love too, just need to get the right opportunity to come up....blah, blah, blah". Anyone who lives away from family should know exactly what I'm on about. Then family member A tells B, who tells C, who tells someone else until it gets to some no-one facebook blogger as" Kelly wants to move back home", and is then picked up by a journo who knows its not enough for a real story but decides to post on twitter just in case, which is then picked up by a pseudo news site, which in turn gets used by a paper's online site as fact. Welcome to the world of internet media!
If this doesn't pan out to be real, then I expect we will hear the same story repeated until he finally does leave or retire.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
It appears that whatever the truth ... Kelly will be with us next year ..... and a lot can and will happen before 2020 rocks around ...

PSS .... for those that are saying Kelly's $160K wont free up cap space .... I doubt that would be his asking price for an upgrade ... and nor should it ..... he has earned a pay rise .... how much ??
300K.
I hope he's not going anywhere.
He's a player I really enjoyed watching.
And he's just about to really step up too I reckon.
Des would've fixed his defensive lapses and Brian would benefit greatly from Des's coaching.
We'll miss his speed if he goes.

brad

First Grader
didn't he just say he was hoping to stay at Manly long term. loves the boys, the area was looking for a new deal.

these rumors are 95% of the time B.S One of our more consistent players this year, can turn into a real gun center. Hope we don't let him walk. No one decent in squad to replace him.

mozgrame

Engorged member
You miss the good old days ....... just as well you were not around in the "real" old days (70's) ...... you would have been shagging with the boy's in the Brookie Hotel carpark .....

Nah...bullsh!t! Wishful thinking at best. All the players back then were straight.

Well...you might have got the odd shafting here and there...but if you could fight and hold your drink....you would have been right.

Of course...if you went looking for that sort of thing, and you enjoyed it.......

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
I was hoping that he would have put his hand up for goal kicking if he was with us next season.
I'd love to have him stay on but he is from Nth NSW and the ability to live close to his family and friends might be the difference

winnyason

Bencher
Really had gutful of the non honouring of contracts in modern game. By clubs, player managers, players and all being hysterically written by media.
Kelly should be made to play out this season fuk the titans not our problem they let hurrell go to leeds not manly.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Really had gutful of the non honouring of contracts in modern game. By clubs, player managers, players and all being hysterically written by media.
Kelly should be made to play out this season fuk the titans not our problem they let hurrell go to leeds not manly.

By the same token we would still have Barrett as coach until July next year as that is when his contract expires. No one thinks that is a good idea.

But yes... I am inclined to think that the main culprits are mainly the player managers and media who drive the news cycle mostly for each other's benefit.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
300K.
I hope he's not going anywhere.
He's a player I really enjoyed watching.
And he's just about to really step up too I reckon.
Des would've fixed his defensive lapses and Brian would benefit greatly from Des's coaching.
We'll miss his speed if he goes.

Mate .... just his added maturity, strength and experience will improve his defence .... but it is a team thing ... in the centres you are always either aided or let down by the guys inside and outside you ..... but I am very keen to see young Kelly go up a notch this year ..... just some cleaner ball will make a huge difference ....

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Nah...bullsh!t! Wishful thinking at best. All the players back then were straight.

Well...you might have got the odd shafting here and there...but if you could fight and hold your drink....you would have been right.

Of course...if you went looking for that sort of thing, and you enjoyed it.......

You may have misinterpreted my post based on your own lifes experiences or lifestyle bias ........ not that there would be anything wrong with that ....

mozgrame

Engorged member
You may have misinterpreted my post based on your own lifes experiences or lifestyle bias ........ not that there would be anything wrong with that ....

"Any port in a storm" would be a stretch too far for me, mate! I thought you may have been suggesting @Ryan may have been interested in that sort of thing!

Again...nothing wrong with that!!

LOL!!!

(I know what you meant....just thought I might join in and have some fun with it...you know.....like they did back in the 70's)

#bulldogstyle
#everyuniever

@:p

winnyason

Bencher
By the same token we would still have Barrett as coach until July next year as that is when his contract expires. No one thinks that is a good idea.

But yes... I am inclined to think that the main culprits are mainly the player managers and media who drive the news cycle mostly for each other's benefit.
Biggest problem in game managers throwing ideas at media before even talking to clubs.

MANLY4LIFE

Bencher
F473684D-363F-46FE-88C4-F373E5676ACF.png

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18