The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do people think he will eclipse is stats of last year? Or regress?
14 games
13 try assist
3 line break
36 missed tackles
10 errors
4 trys
4.2 runs per game
5 penalties
2 weeks toe too sore to play
4 weeks back sore
6 weeks hamstring
Off season shoulder rebuild
I think with our team he will kill it. More leadership than at the dogs and loads more x factor. Turbo walker foran funa on the left will be a deadly attacking force. Foran loves the short side raid something we have been missing since walker went down. Just need them all to stay fit.

I'm confident Foz will be a decent signing for us. Yes he hasn't had the best run with injuries however coming across to Manly, he's coming to us will a lot less pressure.

By that, I mean look when he was at Parra and the Dogs. He was by far their best player and from the times I saw him, he was busting himself because he had to do everything from making the cover tackles, setting up every single attacking play, running to the line to draw in defenders, which often meant getting hammered by an opposition forward all due to having a lack of quality around him

Now that he's with us, he doesn't have to do that. With superstars like DCE, Turbo brothers and now quality up and comers like Schuster, Suli etc, he just has to do a solid job on the field and compete the extra 1%'ers and the superstars around him will put the polish on.

Bring on 2021!

I'm confident Foz will be a decent signing for us. Yes he hasn't had the best run with injuries however coming across to Manly, he's coming to us will a lot less pressure.

By that, I mean look when he was at Parra and the Dogs. He was by far their best player and from the times I saw him, he was busting himself because he had to do everything from making the cover tackles, setting up every single attacking play, running to the line to draw in defenders, which often meant getting hammered by an opposition forward all due to have a lack of quality around him

Now that he's with us, he doesn't have to do that. With superstars like DCE, Turbo brothers and now quality up and comers like Schuster, Suli etc, he just has to do a solid job on the field and compete the extra 1%'ers and the superstars around him will put the polish on.

Bring on 2021!
Exactly we have
Dce
Turbo
Jurbo
Marty
Walker
Suli
Sironen.

I also believe Foran will help Olakau'atu and jetski come along nicely.

I’m glad it’s a bargain price and a one year deal ...but their is still no agreement on here what position he will play! So far I have read he will be 6, 14, 9 and a depth signing for when someone is injured. I would love to know his planned role by the MW recruiters.

Agree ... but I am taking comfort and confidence that he will be of above average use in each of those positions ... personally I am hoping for Schuster at 6 and Foran at 14 ... but with Cust in the mix we at least have viable options to try ...

Best part of 500+ pages is the stuff that can't be deleted. Without going thru the whole thing I'm guessing its 10 or so pages about resigning many years back. 100 or so on the piece of sums traitor parra move and doggie debacle. Another hundred laughing at his misfortune. 50 or so laughing at parra for signing him. Another 100 when he went after us for his unpaid money. Hundred on his injuries. A good 50 on his disabling influence being part of the Stewart side v DCE side. 50 or so pages of pretty low personal attacks. 20 pages of 'great player just busted comments'. 4 pages of how sorry we feel for him. And finally 40 pages of his Jesus like resurrection as the greatest bloke ever.
If we were to look back im sure there would be some pretty low comments directed at him that some wish they could delete forever. Actually I'm sure some probably have deleted some posts to save embarrassment.
Nah.

Anything I said I thought at the time.

If des rates croker I an officially worried for our coaches aptitude and sanity.

He should not even be considered depth.

What happened to our wonderful upcoming signings Ryan and thewheel ? We miss out?

No ... if you go back you will find that I was never adamantly opposed to it ... in fact I am on record here last year praising Foran, both form and commitment ... but ... as far as being happy to have him return to Manly ... two very important things were put into place that satisfied me .. 1) Bargain price 2) one year deal ...

... given those 2 points I am also on record as saying it is a gamble well worth taking ..
Same, low risk

While Cust was fit and available towards the end of the year, Des selected Croker / Levi as the dummy halves, in fact dropping Levi on occasion to start / promote Croker (see second Bulldogs game as example).

I think Des rates Croker.
Agree, But Croker was better than Levi at hooker in 2020.

Croker cops it on here. Not sure it's all warranted

He did have a couple of Barry Crockers but we're they whilst playing at 6 he needed to ask questions in attack and just had little.

I have a memory that early in the year before Turbo got injured he came off the bench at 6 and immediately seemed to create more space for Tom and looked good.

Not saying he is a world beater, I just think he probably had one of those years where he most likely trained at 6 and his role was just to make use of Turbo and DCE.

Then finds himself playing hooker at Levi who was signed late never took off.

Then when thrown back into 6 without the stars, just being the link man like he trained was never going to work.

At 9 he's at least solid.

Agree, But Croker was better than Levi at hooker in 2020.

Croker cops it on here. Not sure it's all warranted

He did have a couple of Barry Crockers but we're they whilst playing at 6 he needed to ask questions in attack and just had little.

I have a memory that early in the year before Turbo got injured he came off the bench at 6 and immediately seemed to create more space for Tom and looked good.

Not saying he is a world beater, I just think he probably had one of those years where he most likely trained at 6 and his role was just to make use of Turbo and DCE.

Then finds himself playing hooker at Levi who was signed late never took off.

Then when thrown back into 6 without the stars, just being the link man like he trained was never going to work.

At 9 he's at least solid.
Croker :sick:

Still better for Cust to start as the 9 and Croker as a 9 sub or bench utility . Fairly sure that Cust will do O K in attack at 9 and could even be quite suited with the increased ruck tempo play , just the more demanding defensive input again to hopefully adjust to . Levi certainly had a go , even in the tackling department .However not the most constructive or good reading of the play type 9 but certainly did not lack effort

Crocker is probably a great guy who works hard. He wears the maroon and white and has my respect; however, he simply isn't a first grade player no matter which way you cut it. He should not be in the 17 and should be 3rd or 4th in the depth chart for half or hooker.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4