The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ballin wasn't a try assist king either, but his crisp delivery on both sides of the ruck created opportunities to hit the edges in the most efficient manner(but you don't see that in the stats other than in "wins"), Levi offered the same in a squad missing it's best fullback and 5/8 option so the whole team suffered.
Is there any point in having crisp passing if you consistently make the wrong choices?

Pretty sure that was before he knew AFB was going.

As soon as I saw that video posted on the Manly website a couple of weeks ago when Des said that there were no plans to sign Kieran Foran ... my immediate first thought was that we were definitely going after Foran.

And here we are. As of 2021, Kieran Foran will be a Sea Eagle once more.

Like you SER8, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been in the works for longer than any of us realise.

100% correct, and Wade Graham doesn't play lock either. All this Schuster to 13 is by people who still think locks are like Fittler, Dymock, Clyde, Mackay and Scott Hill. No surer way to kill Schuster's game then by sticking him in the middle as a tackling machine. If he's not 6 he's an edge backrower where he can use his skills, forget playing him in the middle

For quite a while (since about the early-mid 80s and occasionally before with players like Mal Reilly and Ian Martin), lock was used as a wide running forward and/or as a 2nd 5/8, hence players like Fittler who was essentially a centre or 5/8 actually succeeded in the position. These days though its usually nothing more than an extra prop, usually the prop who like a Jake or Jason Taumalolo has the biggest motor and the better ball skills. Being a strong defender is also a requirement.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Jake moved back to the front row with Siro moved to lock.

Some stats for the Foran haters.
Foran:
Games 14
Tries 4
Try assists 12
Line break assists 9
Forced drop outs 4
Average kick metres 184

Cust
Games 10
Tries 3
Try assists 3
Line break assists 3
Forced drop outs 3
Average kick metres 84

Croker
Games 19
Tries 1
Try assists 0
Line break assists 1
Forced drop outs 2
Average kick metres 47

Levi
Games
Tries 2
Try assists 0
Line break assists 2
Forced drop outs 0
Average kick metres 6

Croker/Levi/Cust Average
Tries 6- Foran 4
Try assists 3 Foran 12
L/B assists 6 Foran 9
Drop outs 5 Foran 4
Avg kick m 46m Foran 184m

This tells 2 stories
1.No wonder we were so pooh this year, our 3 playmakers outside of Chez couldn't set up tries, line breaks or help out with kicking
2. Foz still has plenty to offer and will do our team wonders having a general out there that also has an ability to kick and create.

No wonder we are letting Levi go and Croker should go to the bottom of the barrel with team selection.
Wow that's bloody telling no wonder we suck

That should be @Dan ’s next competition, $10 a person ( he keeps the dollars ) “ guess how many pages this thread gets to by the end of round 26 2021” , closest wins .

Some shifty mod (not me, I'm adorably honest...honest!) would just pick a page number and delete posts en masse to ensure sweet sweet victory!

That and if any poster was 1 to 15 pages behind they'd be spamming this thread like you know who has been over the last 3 weeks.

the servers would melt!

I say.... do it!

Is he being told to pass the ball on the blind side when we have 2 attackers on 4 defenders? Cos he did that a lot! Is he being told go give away more set restarts than anyone in the comp? Is he being told to not set up tries? Either way you look at it Levi was completely ineffective on all levels and a big reason we struggled
He is a low iq low skill player.. watching api last night he is very clever and mesmerises the defence. He can tackle as well.

The idea of Foran playing at 9 is growing on me. Watched the tigers game and everything they do starts with Grant. We had nothing at hooker this year except a deer in headlights.

At least with Foran he can direct the team around, have a smart passing and kicking game, will take the ball to the line etc. Yes will have to do more defence, hopefully his body holds up. Could turn out to be a masterstroke? Wait and see

For quite a while (since about the early-mid 80s and occasionally before with players like Mal Reilly and Ian Martin), lock was used as a wide running forward and/or as a 2nd 5/8, hence players like Fittler who was essentially a centre or 5/8 actually succeeded in the position. These days though its usually nothing more than an extra prop, usually the prop who like a Jake or Jason Taumalolo has the biggest motor and the better ball skills. Being a strong defender is also a requirement.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Jake moved back to the front row with Siro moved to lock.
Ian Martin was my all time favourite Manly player. You don't see players like him around anymore

If Foz is to play at 9 we need someone who has a reliable kicking game that can get us reset when we attack can kick from dummy half to clear when we are in our own half with the ball and someone who knows when to pass? When to run the ball?

What we need is to control the ruck and a good 9 sets the pace for this. Too often we are dominated and on the back foot because we do not control the ruck!

I think what might be seen is DCE and Foran interchanging roles during games so they share dummy half and first receiver roles.

If Foz is to play at 9 we need someone who has a reliable kicking game that can get us reset when we attack can kick from dummy half to clear when we are in our own half with the ball and someone who knows when to pass? When to run the ball?

What we need is to control the ruck and a good 9 sets the pace for this. Too often we are dominated and on the back foot because we do not control the ruck!

I think what might be seen is DCE and Foran interchanging roles during games so they share dummy half and first receiver roles.

As I see it panning out Schuster will be 6, DCE 7 Foran and Cust 9 and 14. Schuster has a good kicking game. He was a little scratchy in his initial first grade game, but did some clever short kicking in the juniors.

As I see it panning out Schuster will be 6, DCE 7 Foran and Cust 9 and 14. Schuster has a good kicking game. He was a little scratchy in his initial first grade game, but did some clever short kicking in the juniors.
Think you are spot on with that UNLESS the recruitment team unveil say a Brandon Smith after the finals ( yes highly unlikely but you never know).

OK, so what are we thinking? An announcement by 10am tomorrow? It's going to happen, so lets get it out there, followed by a decisive comment that shuts down the Schuster rumors.

Pffffbbbrrgghhh...I'm bored. Why do I keep coming on here to check the latest...never any latest...just more pages...gimme the goss....c'mon @Snake what's happening? Get on the blower and find out damn it.

Give me something...who's the next assistant coach? Walker brothers? That'll do - I reckon under these new rules their style would CARVE IT UP. "Desmond! Get on to it you floppy-haired rascal.

OK I'm done...
There is no confirmation on an assistant for next year yet. I know Hales is coaching Blacktown and that has to be 'outside the bubble' which means he cannot work with NRL so obviously Des is on the lookout for something else.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4