The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some stats for the Foran haters.
Foran:
Games 14
Tries 4
Try assists 12
Line break assists 9
Forced drop outs 4
Average kick metres 184

Cust
Games 10
Tries 3
Try assists 3
Line break assists 3
Forced drop outs 3
Average kick metres 84

Croker
Games 19
Tries 1
Try assists 0
Line break assists 1
Forced drop outs 2
Average kick metres 47

Levi
Games
Tries 2
Try assists 0
Line break assists 2
Forced drop outs 0
Average kick metres 6

Croker/Levi/Cust Average
Tries 6- Foran 4
Try assists 3 Foran 12
L/B assists 6 Foran 9
Drop outs 5 Foran 4
Avg kick m 46m Foran 184m

This tells 2 stories
1.No wonder we were so pooh this year, our 3 playmakers outside of Chez couldn't set up tries, line breaks or help out with kicking
2. Foz still has plenty to offer and will do our team wonders having a general out there that also has an ability to kick and create.

No wonder we are letting Levi go and Croker should go to the bottom of the barrel with team selection.
Feel like Cust shouldn’t be dragged into the stats of Levi and Croker as he only played 8 or 9 games as starting 5/8 and filled in for walker quite well in my opinion. I really like the kid and reckon he’ll make a great #14 coming off the bench and slotting in at hooker or 5/8 whenever he needs to.

Gifty never played lock even though he had the #13. He was our right edge backrower.
100% correct, and Wade Graham doesn't play lock either. All this Schuster to 13 is by people who still think locks are like Fittler, Dymock, Clyde, Mackay and Scott Hill. No surer way to kill Schuster's game then by sticking him in the middle as a tackling machine. If he's not 6 he's an edge backrower where he can use his skills, forget playing him in the middle

Some stats for the Foran haters.
Foran:
Games 14
Tries 4
Try assists 12
Line break assists 9
Forced drop outs 4
Average kick metres 184

Cust
Games 10
Tries 3
Try assists 3
Line break assists 3
Forced drop outs 3
Average kick metres 84

Croker
Games 19
Tries 1
Try assists 0
Line break assists 1
Forced drop outs 2
Average kick metres 47

Levi
Games
Tries 2
Try assists 0
Line break assists 2
Forced drop outs 0
Average kick metres 6

Croker/Levi/Cust Average
Tries 6- Foran 4
Try assists 3 Foran 12
L/B assists 6 Foran 9
Drop outs 5 Foran 4
Avg kick m 46m Foran 184m

This tells 2 stories
1.No wonder we were so pooh this year, our 3 playmakers outside of Chez couldn't set up tries, line breaks or help out with kicking
2. Foz still has plenty to offer and will do our team wonders having a general out there that also has an ability to kick and create.

No wonder we are letting Levi go and Croker should go to the bottom of the barrel with team selection.
Agreed.. but if he plays 9 or 14 we wont see him out there.. not sure how he will go playing hooker.. we have no hooker on the books and no depth there. We need hookers (dont get excited @Wombat64 )

You may be right re Gift but I’d look to ease Schu in on an edge first instead of the middle. One of the biggest issues for me this year is that we never controlled the middle - poor line speed and weak tackle contact. Jake to front row and sirro to 13 might help this.

Gifty had more than skill. He was our tempo man. He led the way . If schuster ends up as good as gifty we will be blessed

Couldnt believe we let horo go when we did. He was just starting to shine and play the same role . We had him for his average years and punted him as he was ripening

Bk showed choc and gift, they in turn were teaching horo

He was our transition, especially as a defender. Not as skilful but knew when the ante needing to be upped

100% correct, and Wade Graham doesn't play lock either. All this Schuster to 13 is by people who still think locks are like Fittler, Dymock, Clyde, Mackay and Scott Hill. No surer way to kill Schuster's game then by sticking him in the middle as a tackling machine. If he's not 6 he's an edge backrower where he can use his skills, forget playing him in the middle

Agreed, that game has moved on . Maybe he would play 13 under the walker brothers and there fancy pants approach

100% accurate comment

Let the good times keep rolling 515and counting.
Imagine this thread when foran screws up in a game going to be 1000 pages by seasons end in 2021 I think

Feel like Cust shouldn’t be dragged into the stats of Levi and Croker as he only played 8 or 9 games as starting 5/8 and filled in for walker quite well in my opinion. I really like the kid and reckon he’ll make a great #14 coming off the bench and slotting in at hooker or 5/8 whenever he needs to.
Yeah Cust's stats are good and I like him as a 14

Let the good times keep rolling 515and counting.
Imagine this thread when foran screws up in a game going to be 1000 pages by seasons end in 2021 I think

That should be @Dan ’s next competition, $10 a person ( he keeps the dollars ) “ guess how many pages this thread gets to by the end of round 26 2021” , closest wins .

As much as I don't think it was a good idea signing Foz, I will say this (which will sound like a contradiction, but oh well). If ... if his body can take it, then for $350k we have bought an absolute bargain. Fully fit and on form, Foz is still one of the best halves in the NRL.

His skills are still there. His football brain is still there. The only question is the body. Willing maybe, able ... we'll have to wait and see.

Yes we have Schuster who might well get pushed back a bit by Foran's signing. But remember that he's only played one game and while he did impress, please also remember who we played that night. The Tigpies are not one of the great sides. If he had impressed against a Melbourne, Penrith, Souffs etc then yeah great, but it was only the Tigpies. Foran on the other hand is a proven quantity (unfortunately, so are the injuries). A premiership winner, with Manly no less, and former NZ test captain. And despite my own reservations about signing him, there is no question that he is exactly the type of game managing 5/8 that this team, and especially DCE, needs.

For mine, he's a wait and see only because of past history and of course his injuries. But as said, if his body holds up, even for just the most part, at $350k we'll have bought an absolute bargain.

The lock position would suit Shuster as he will have a more central role in attack. Maybe in defence he can line up on the right.

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Gifty had more than skill. He was our tempo man. He led the way . If schuster ends up as good as gifty we will be blessed

Couldnt believe we let horo go when we did. He was just starting to shine and play the same role . We had him for his average years and punted him as he was ripening

Bk showed choc and gift, they in turn were teaching horo

He was our transition, especially as a defender. Not as skilful but knew when the ante needing to be upped
Gift was the forward leader. What a player. Had silky ball skills but when a tough run was needed or someone to come out of the line and wack someone, he lead from the front.

The Foz is back boys and girls!!! Now we just need to adjust our defensive systems knowing we can't re-set our line after 6 tackles any more (donny mate we need some 2011 inspiration!)
Hopefully saab and bailey sirro are next, and manase gets cleared in July

Levi
Games
Tries 2
Try assists 0
Line break assists 2
Forced drop outs 0
Average kick metres 6

A first choice dummy half has zero try assists in 19 games :oops:

THAT tells its own story doesn't it. Dummy halves like sCam Smith and Damien Cook would have more than that from just 10 minutes.

Put simply, our dummy halves this year have been 3rd rate at best. And when you take 2 others out of the spine for the majority of the season, 2 others who are our major strike weapons.....how anyone can bitch and moan that DCE is the problem is beyond me.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6