The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Foz is back boys and girls!!! Now we just need to adjust our defensive systems knowing we can't re-set our line after 6 tackles any more (donny mate we need some 2011 inspiration!)
Hopefully saab and bailey sirro are next, and manase gets cleared in July
If we sign garner I dont know if there is room for bailey. Unless jetski or haumole or tapped on the shoulder

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Am I the only one who remembers this bloke essentially playing dead against the Raiders in Albury in 2015 ?

Unforgivable on-field behaviour, regardless of the situation off the field.

And don't give me the " he was young " bull****.
You see it in tennis, but up until that day I’d never seen anyone ‘tank’ a game of footy like he did.

Just wasnt interested. Dont think he got tackled for months just tapping balls into the stands as a preferred option

A first choice dummy half has zero try assists in 19 games :oops:

THAT tells its own story doesn't it. Dummy halves like sCam Smith and Damien Cook would have more than that from just 10 minutes.

Put simply, our dummy halves this year have been 3rd rate at best. And when you take 2 others out of the spine for the majority of the season, 2 others who are our major strike weapons.....how anyone can bitch and moan that DCE is the problem is beyond me.
And only 6m kick average. This basically paints the picture. We all knew Levi wasn't any good but these stats are absolutely shocking. Even with the addition of Foz I'd still like a quality actual 9 on our books. Des did say in his interview that he still didn't have clarity on the stand down rule which says to me they are actually looking at the rule. Imagine a spine of Fainu, Chez, Schuster and Turbo with Foz at 14. #premiers

And only 6m kick average. This basically paints the picture. We all knew Levi wasn't any good but these stats are absolutely shocking. Even with the addition of Foz I'd still like a quality actual 9 on our books. Des did say in his interview that he still didn't have clarity on the stand down rule which says to me they are actually looking at the rule. Imagine a spine of Fainu, Chez, Schuster and Turbo with Foz at 14. #premiers

Tbh, I'm betting Levi is playing exactly the way he's being asked to, just saying.

Tbh, I'm betting Levi is playing exactly the way he's being asked to, just saying.
Is he being told to pass the ball on the blind side when we have 2 attackers on 4 defenders? Cos he did that a lot! Is he being told go give away more set restarts than anyone in the comp? Is he being told to not set up tries? Either way you look at it Levi was completely ineffective on all levels and a big reason we struggled

I'd honestly be more inclined, provided his body is up to it, to have Foz in the #6 with Shoe or Cust coming off the bench. Both can cover the halves while Shoe can cover the back row and Cust can cover hooker.

And knowing Des and how he is with liking 2 dummy halves in his side, Cust might well get the nod in 2021. But, don't rule out anything else, including Shoe at 5/8 and Foz off the bench. Though I do think that Foz will get first crack at pivot with Walker moving to the centres (with Parker because Suli will be lucky to be back by the early rounds).

Whenever we played Canterbury of late, I'd always look to see if Foran was playing, knowing we had more chance if he wasn't. Says to me I'm happy he's coming.
And, as for his departure and behaviour around it - he was a troubled kid (maturity takes a long time in the male of the species - says she smugly) and that's pretty much all there is to it. As we get older we learn that all of us are fallible and to forgive only brings peace.
Welcome back Foz.
Hallelujah to peace

I'd honestly be more inclined, provided his body is up to it, to have Foz in the #6 with Shoe or Cust coming off the bench. Both can cover the halves while Shoe can cover the back row and Cust can cover hooker.

And knowing Des and how he is with liking 2 dummy halves in his side, Cust might well get the nod in 2021. But, don't rule out anything else, including Shoe at 5/8 and Foz off the bench. Though I do think that Foz will get first crack at pivot with Walker moving to the centres (with Parker because Suli will be lucky to be back by the early rounds).
If Harper can improve his defence it will be between him Parker and Suli when Walker isn’t injured or suspended

A first choice dummy half has zero try assists in 19 games :oops:

THAT tells its own story doesn't it. Dummy halves like sCam Smith and Damien Cook would have more than that from just 10 minutes.

Put simply, our dummy halves this year have been 3rd rate at best. And when you take 2 others out of the spine for the majority of the season, 2 others who are our major strike weapons.....how anyone can bitch and moan that DCE is the problem is beyond me.
Ballin wasn't a try assist king either, but his crisp delivery on both sides of the ruck created opportunities to hit the edges in the most efficient manner(but you don't see that in the stats other than in "wins"), Levi offered the same in a squad missing it's best fullback and 5/8 option so the whole team suffered.

I would of loved an Api Levi rotation last year when the team was performing well and allowing more time and space to Walker when Levi was on.

I would of stuck with Levi to build his confidence and allow him the opportunity to play in a full strength consistent squad to take advantage of his crisp lateral passing.There have been glimpses of this even in a poorly performing injured squad that lacked the skill level and speed to make use of it.

Ballin wasn't a try assist king either, but his crisp delivery on both sides of the ruck created opportunities to hit the edges in the most efficient manner(but you don't see that in the stats other than in "wins"), Levi offered the same in a squad missing it's best fullback and 5/8 option so the whole team suffered.

I would of loved an Api Levi rotation last year when the team was performing well and allowing more time and space to Walker when Levi was on.

I would of stuck with Levi to build his confidence and allow him the opportunity to play in a full strength consistent squad to take advantage of his crisp lateral passing.There have been glimpses of this even in a poorly performing injured squad that lacked the skill level and speed to make use of it.
Ballin was a soldier, and absolutely reliable in defence. Levi is a liability, and a major weak point in our line. Levi will never compare with ballin

don't 6 & 7 play opposite sides these days?
Mostly; however, I don't think that is the point. It is more a matter of sharing the play-making duties: knowing who will run the play, or take the kick, direct traffic, or call for the ball from the dummy half etc. That understanding and rhythm takes time to develop which is made all the more difficult when one of the halves is constantly changing.

The real issue with Foran back at Manly is playing on a heavy Brookvale turf that will really put pressure on his legs and show up any weaknesses---hopefully next year the ground is in good shape.

Not really a fan of the signing---but i am a fan of Foran at his peak. The signing does offer ball playing depth and some leadership qualities but he is just too fragile these days.

I guess having three fragile/unlucky experienced attacking players means one will be on the field at least(hopefully) at any given time of the year, safety in numbers lol.

Ballin was a soldier, and absolutely reliable in defence. Levi is a liability, and a major weak point in our line. Levi will never compare with ballin
I'm talking about the positives he offers that are comparable to Ballin in relation to the try assists comment, not as a complete package.

I still think with time Levi could of been a value signing and that money saved best used in more mobile explosive forwards with footwork and skill.

Fair call... but seriously can't find any positives when it comes to levi. So he can pass? I can't honestly think of a 9 in the comp who offers less. But respect the positivity

Stats are only stats and don't explain the full story.
You could also say the same thing about Manly's lack of tries from kicks and say DCE is a poor half---which we all know is not the case.(not as great as people make out but not a bad half either)

I do recall you rated Levi as a possible signing before he joined the club so the "we all knew Levi wasn't any good" is over stating it a little--- more a hindsight reply based off one year and a poorly performing team as a whole.

Yes Levi has his obvious limitations that can't be denied, but too many here are going down the "scapegoat" road as per usual.

The same way Api was compared to Fainu in the "Stats" section regarding points scored when they are on the field and now with Api back at Penrith last years stats mean "jack all".

Understanding the stats and why they are the case is more informative than relying on stats alone to make an informative decision.

Stats are only stats and don't explain the full story.
You could also say the same thing about Manly's lack of tries from kicks and say DCE is a poor half---which we all know is not the case.(not as great as people make out but not a bad half either)

I do recall you rated Levi as a possible signing before he joined the club so the "we all knew Levi wasn't any good" is over stating it a little--- more a hindsight reply based off one year and a poorly performing team as a whole.

Yes Levi has his obvious limitations that can't be denied, but too many here are going down the "scapegoat" road as per usual.

The same way Api was compared to Fainu in the "Stats" section regarding points scored when they are on the field and now with Api back at Penrith last years stats mean "jack all".

Understanding the stats and why they are the case is more informative than relying on stats alone to make an informative decision.
I did have high hopes for Levi, I thought he had potential to be a great buy for us BUT in this instance I think stats don't lie. No try assists, minimal LB assists, no kicks and one of the worst offenders for set restarts. What more info do you need to make an informed decision?
When I said "We knew Levi was no good" was in reference to this year, not prior to him joining us

Those glimpses of good play from Levi this year have unfortunately been few and far between and he is prone to making bad errors from continually passing the ball at players heads to running the wrong way when the ball should have been passed the other way. For a player who has 5 tests under his belt (4 of them for NZ) we should have seen better from him. A lot better. The simple fact is that he's just not been good enough. I mean, IMO Croker has actually proved to be the smarter of the two from dummy half, the problem there though has been that his execution, especially under pressure, has been relatively poor.

With Api gone to Penrith and Fainu not available, our dummy half play this year with Levi and Croker has been 3rd rate. Its been a huge downgrade and has played a big part in how bad our attack has been for most of this season.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8