The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Hmm, not exactly ...

This comment from Larry is post #2292, on 16 March 2015 - the day Foran announced he had signed with the Eels.

If only we'd listened to Larry! Since then there has been a further 9,500 posts (475 pages) :eek: and no, I can't account for it either!

(Hope Larry is going ok) :)
Wow! If anything that stat probably further solidifies the narrative that he was God or people wouldn’t have crucified him when he announced his departure 😂

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Hmm, not exactly ...

This comment from Larry is post #2292, on 16 March 2015 - the day Foran announced he had signed with the Eels.

If only we'd listened to Larry! Since then there has been a further 9,500 posts (475 pages) :eek: and no, I can't account for it either!

(Hope Larry is going ok) :)
We just need to curb our enthusiasm for all things Kieran. Just ask Larry David.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Nor does continuously looking at the inadequacies, and pretending they aren't there in the view of short-sighted positivity?

Once AGAIN, wanting the team to be better, wanting the team to compete with the top 4 teams in the league isn't doom-mongering & deathriding. Honestly trying to explain this to some of you is like herding cats. Either you don't want to hear it, or your too ignorant to listen? If I was an athlete (and this is just my opinion), I'd much rather the type of fan that would say mate, that was a poor performance for someone of your quality, than the fan that watches me have a blunderbus of a performance, and stands there jumping up and down and cheering.

Think about Nathan Brown doing that after The Sharks. His positivity was so ridiculous given the circumstances, it brought into question among many groups his coaching ability. Yet you want to do that as a fan. Then rip the people who demand something better ? hahaha.

But that's just me, I like to win, and I expect performance / improvement. There are MANY like me on this site (whom you / others also niggle constantly for their views) who get completely frustrated, annoyed, angry with the performances / efforts / systems / coaching / teams etc. And they vocalize that. And why not? It's only healthy ! To suggest that's negative is plain moronic in my opinion. What outcome do they WANT? Let me spell it for you 47 (W-I-N-S). You get it? That's NOT doom-mongering & deathriding our squad, coach, club as you put it.

So before you bleat that crap again to me or anyone else, we all "WANT THE SAME THING". I'm at a point of thinking that possibly there ARE some fans that "want" us to struggle, so they can come here just to rip people who complaint about it, because that's what brings them contentment, rather than amazing performances & wins.
Agree totally @Ryan. There's one over riding fact in all this. When was the last time we had a really wonderful, exciting, doing handstands, I'm so proud of this club and these players, we could really make noise in this competition, epic win. We've had 1 that I can recall in the last 2 and a half years and that was on the back of the emotion of losing our club legend and immortal. It's not been good enough and until we start beating these teams above us convincingly then it will never be good enough for Manly.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ooooft, thats a good crack

Just differences of opnion, some obviously disagree with your views on the strength of our roster or the extent of inadequacies etc.

And thats what we are here for, to debate and discuss.

Its not about positivity for positivities sake or 'pretending' its about how you view the team.

You view the roster as 9th to 14th in the league. I personally see it as 3rd to 6th.

Simply differences in opinion

1,000,000% 9th to 14th. You're kidding if you think this team (coached as they are) is potentially a 3rd placed team overall hahaha. Show me in the stats, in the plays, in the games that suggest we are anywhere NEAR the 3rd to 6th best team.

I have many games to show you, that will prove we are actually closer to 14th, than 9th as well.

Forget the top 4, we get pumped by anyone in the entire top 8.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
1,000,000% 9th to 14th. You're kidding if you think this team (coached as they are) is potentially a 3rd placed team overall hahaha. Show me in the stats, in the plays, in the games that suggest we are anywhere NEAR the 3rd to 6th best team.

I have many games to show you, that will prove we are actually closer to 14th, than 9th as well.

Forget the top 4, we get pumped by anyone in the entire top 8.

Was out for dinner last night so missed the game.

Was trying to avoid the score to watch this morning but accidently saw it.......which is probably a good thing.

Sounds like we were pretty bad.

Lets see how the season plays out. One of us will be on the money comes seasons end

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
1652485422882.png

No !!! seriously ?? They haven't extended you for two more years, surely not. I thought the Titans had rocks in their heads offering me a 2 year deal. 2025 LOL !!!!

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
When everyone was raving on about foran being our best player this season my automatic thought was, yes because he is playing for a new contract. Didn’t comment but wondered if his form would drop once a contract was secured. Unfortunately looking that way

JenEagle

Bencher
View attachment 21040

No !!! seriously ?? They haven't extended you for two more years, surely not. I thought the Titans had rocks in their heads offering me a 2 year deal. 2025 LOL !!!!
As good as Kieran is I don’t think any team in the comp can bet on having a 35 year old and 34 year old halves combination in two years. That’s what would have been the case if Foz re signed with us. Having one older experienced half can work well - eg reynolds and Cronk however that needs to be complimented by a young half.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
One game though mate ? He's been a cracker all year besides that one.
Yeah I know, and believe me I'm at pains to say it, but last week and again this week he just looked done.
I hope he bounces back, but with titans on the horizon and our Fwds not providing a foundation I'm not sure his body is where his heart is in the fight which pains me to say.

Ryan

Journey Man
Yeah I know, and believe me I'm at pains to say it, but last week and again this week he just looked done.
I hope he bounces back, but with titans on the horizon and our Fwds not providing a foundation I'm not sure his body is where his heart is in the fight which pains me to say.

Yeah, I know this is against the trends with Schuster, but I was hoping we'd re-sign Foz and play Schuster at lock (moving Jake to prop, which is more fitting for his speed ATM).

Not gonna happen now I guess.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18