The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
There seems to be very short memories here on silvertails.
Foz left for $$ before with zero care for Manly.
No big deal if he does the same again.
Was very happy to have a few words about the club on the way out also.
It didn’t quite go to plan though with the Dalai over at Parra, nor did it go well at the warriors, or the dogs.

Kieren - Dad, I’m sorry I was a petulant little **** and left the family, took other family members away with me and said bad things, but I realise I was wrong and would love to come back to the family.

Dad - All is forgiven mate welcome back but don’t do it again.

All Dads would do the same.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Why do these guys even bother writing these articles?

DCE's salary increases with every increase in the salary cap (the ratchet clause) so it has zero affect on our salary cap.

Walker has already signed for 3 years with the Warriors - we knew that so why is his name even mentioned when it has zero impact on our cap next year (other than actually freeing up money for us)?

Marty leaving is a given since there's been no noise about us re-signing him.

Turbo's due a salary increase next year? Really? Can they provide more details? Isn't he signed through to 2025?

Schuster & Haumole are both signed until 2024 so how does that affect us extending Foran for another 2 years?

What other young guns coming off contract this season have we got that will be demanding an increase in salary for 2023?

A better educated guess would be that the money freed up by Walker leaving is what we'll use to extend Foran but I guess that would be a pretty short & non-clickbaiting story.

Eaglehauser

Die Hard
Why do these guys even bother writing these articles?

DCE's salary increases with every increase in the salary cap (the ratchet clause) so it has zero affect on our salary cap.

Walker has already signed for 3 years with the Warriors - we knew that so why is his name even mentioned when it has zero impact on our cap next year (other than actually freeing up money for us)?

Marty leaving is a given since there's been no noise about us re-signing him.

Turbo's due a salary increase next year? Really? Can they provide more details? Isn't he signed through to 2025?

Schuster & Haumole are both signed until 2024 so how does that affect us extending Foran for another 2 years?

What other young guns coming off contract this season have we got that will be demanding an increase in salary for 2023?

A better educated guess would be that the money freed up by Walker leaving is what we'll use to extend Foran but I guess that would be a pretty short & non-clickbaiting story.
“I don’t know whether they can find that $300k, I guess the only way is to try and move players on who are already on contract, that could be their option."

This guy is the biggest ****-stirrer there is. Typical Weird-ler

Wasn't it reported just last week that Foran was tabled a 1 year extension for $300k? :wait: I assume they would have to have the money to table that offer?

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He complained to the NRL about third party deals with Manly. That was the start of how we got all our salary cap sanctions.

Don't get all the Foran luvfest with what he has done to Manly.
No he didn't complain to the NRL, he raised an issue direct with the club which is a little different. He did threaten to sue the club, at least according to Joe Kelly:

Manly chief executive Joe Kelly confirmed to the Sunday Telegraph that the club has been approached by Foran’s legal representatives surrounding a contract dispute regarding third party payments.

“We’ve asked on numerous occasions for written evidence of such dispute and to date nothing has been forthcoming,” Kelly said. “In our opinion there is no dispute. It is simple for us.”

Foran re-signed with the club until the end of 2015 midway through 2012. Foran’s manager Paul Sutton did not comment.

The murky waters of the NRL’s third party deals will again come under fire. There is no suggestion of any salary cap wrongdoing by the club. Foran left the Sea Eagles at the end of last year to sign a rich four year deal at the Eels.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/09ab27572f262049e64a10ce80d5dff6

XV-1

First Grader
No he didn't complain to the NRL, he raised an issue direct with the club which is a little different. He did threaten to sue the club, at least according to Joe Kelly:

Manly chief executive Joe Kelly confirmed to the Sunday Telegraph that the club has been approached by Foran’s legal representatives surrounding a contract dispute regarding third party payments.

“We’ve asked on numerous occasions for written evidence of such dispute and to date nothing has been forthcoming,” Kelly said. “In our opinion there is no dispute. It is simple for us.”

Foran re-signed with the club until the end of 2015 midway through 2012. Foran’s manager Paul Sutton did not comment.

The murky waters of the NRL’s third party deals will again come under fire. There is no suggestion of any salary cap wrongdoing by the club. Foran left the Sea Eagles at the end of last year to sign a rich four year deal at the Eels.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/09ab27572f262049e64a10ce80d5dff6

So how did the NRL find out about these so called breaches?
Or was it the Telegraph that Foran complained to?

Regardless, it was Foran who was the whistle blower implying Manly was involved.

He should have just asked his 81 grandmother sponsor for the $$, after all it supposedly had nothing to do with Manly.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Foran's deal was not part of our salary cap bust, so far as I know.
And not to say he's an angel, his life has had plenty of ups and downs, but put it this way - if there's a dispute between Foran and Joe Kelly I know which one I would believe.

Koko22

Reserve Grader
The Gold Coast Titans are set to make a shock play for veteran Manly playmaker Kieran Foran in a bid to bolster their struggling spine.

News Corp can reveal the Titans have emerged as the front-runners for Foran’s signature as three NRL rivals circle the former New Zealand Test star.
It is understood the Titans want Foran on their books from next year and are ready to table an offer to bring some playmaking experience to Parkwood following the off-season departure of halfback Jamal Fogarty to Canberra.

Should Foran opt for the Titans, he would be tasked with mentoring young halfback Toby Sexton, who has struggled under the pressure of being an NRL No. 7 this year.

Foran will turn 32 in July and the Titans contract would likely be his last before he retires from the NRL.

A premiership-winning playmaker, Foran has resurrected his career at Manly over the past two seasons under coach Des Hasler, but a salary cap squeeze at Brookvale is set to force him out of the club.

The Sea Eagles have huge money invested in Daly Cherry-Evans, the Trbojevic brothers Tom and Jake, while emerging star Josh Schuster wants to play five-eighth.

And the embattled Titans are ready to pounce on Foran, who at his peak was one of the most dominant playmakers in the code.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook released seasoned playmaker and former co-captain Fogarty to Canberra this season, a decision which has backfired amid Gold Coast’s slide out of the top eight.

Sexton, 21, has struggled to improve on his rookie season without an experienced halves partner, with Holbrook now playing veteran utility Will Smith at five-eighth and shifting AJ Brimson to fullback.

After making last year’s finals, the Titans have only registered two wins in the opening eight rounds heading into Saturday night’s showdown with the Roosters in Mackay.

But help is on its way, albeit not until 2023.

Foran is a 246-game NRL veteran who has also made 22 Test appearances for the Kiwis.

He played in Manly’s 2011 premiership triumph and also featured in the Sea Eagles’ 2013 grand-final loss to the Roosters.

Foran’s career went off the rails when he left Manly in 2016 for a one-season cameo at Parramatta and he had little success at the Warriors (2017) and Bulldogs (2018-20).

But a return to Manly last year with Hasler saw Foran play 25 games as the Sea Eagles finished in the top four and made the preliminary final.

However, it now looks like he is headed for the exit at Manly once again, with the Titans ready to extract whatever they can out of Foran before he hangs up the boots.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Is it possible that this has all been orchestrated by Manly to benefit the club & Foz?

Get news out that Foran wants to go around again but Manly will struggle to keep him under their cap.

See what clubs bite & what offers they make, play hardball with any that do to drive up their offer then let Foran sign with them with Manly's blessing.

Foran gets to finish his career on a big contract, Schuster gets to play 5/8th, everybody's happy.

Get Foz back in a coaching capacity when he retires.

JenEagle

Bencher
He won’t leave unless we don’t offer him anything. He left once and it was a disaster for him and he never played well until he came back.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
There could be some back end karma to deal with coming Foz’ way. That said, I hope he stays and finishes his career with us. It will be a potentially defining moment in his life and I wish him the very best.

Hows that? DCE "backflips" but they get FOZ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... eventually

Koko22

Reserve Grader
I will add this was written by Pete Badel who is even less reliable than Bulldog ritchie so take it with a grain of salt. Unless we have told him thanks but nothing for next season time to trust our future.stars.

Cannot have the likes of Schuster (who clearly wants to play 6) and Humphries,Fainu and Weekes not getting a shot or they will up and leave.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 7 8 -47 18