The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Pretty big difference imo. 5/8th you are maybe doing 10 - 15 tackles.
2nd row general over 30.

You may wish to reassess this post ... last night Foran was 1st up chasing every kick, making the 1st tackle, and often the 2nd and 3rd.

He put his body on the line all night.

Pss .. and how come with all our speedsters in the team .. not one of them could beat a geriatric, broken down old man to lead the chase.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anyone who in the last week has questioned the reasoning to extend foz contract
Repeat after me three times

I am an idiot
I am an idiot
I am an idiot

Breath and repeat

2nd verse
Any one questioning the drive, determination and loyalty of Fox to the manly club
Repeat after me

I am an idiot
I am an idiot
I am an idiot

Breathe and repeat

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Foran feeling squeeze of tight cap​

He may be a big name in the NRL, but that’s not going to be a factor as Kieran Foran and the Sea Eagles try to overcome the salary cap squeeze at Manly and the positioning of Josh Schuster as their next No.6.
According to player agents – who live and breath the dollars and cents available in the game – that I have spoken to, Manly are in an extremely difficult spot when it comes to next year’s cap. To put it bluntly, they are full. Even a cut-price Foran deal will be hard to squeeze in.
Manly are likely to have to let go Marty Taupau, while lower-profile players such as Jorge Taufua and Morgan Boyle won’t be there. But the squeeze is really on Foran. If he is to stay on the northern beaches it would need to be on a minimal deal, or another player or two would have to be cut.

I spoke to Foran at length during the week and he expressed a strong desire to play on in the NRL and to win another title at Manly. But there is increasing pressure to play Schuster at five-eighth.
Schuster’s agent, Mario Tartak, wrote to Manly officials, reminding the club of promises that were made to Schuster in front of his agent, his mother and coach Des Hasler. The club told Schuster he would be playing in the No.6 and Foran would be returning to the club to play hooker. By continuing to ignore that promise, Schuster’s team says the Sea Eagles are jeopardising his future at the club.
The Sea Eagles have also signed Wests Tigers back-rower Kelma Tuilagi, making it even more logical for Schuster to play five-eighth.
The good news for Foran is that his form has been very good and his body has been holding up. He has a new agent in Chris Orr, who has strong contacts north of the border. The Gold Coast Titans could use Foran’s experience and direction, and he’s good friends with Dolphins recruiter Peter O’Sullivan.
The issue for Foran is he needs to be in Sydney to be a father to his two children, who he loves dearly. That would be a major consideration if he wanted to go to France to play with mate Mitchell Pearce.

Koko22

Reserve Grader
Manly are likely to have to let go Marty Taupau, while lower-profile players such as Jorge Taufua and Morgan Boyle won’t be there. But the squeeze is really on Foran. If he is to stay on the northern beaches it would need to be on a minimal deal, or another player or two would have to be cut.
Will not miss any of those 3. But how would we not have any cap room? Marty is on 800k this season (back ended at least ) surety we can sign Foz again on minimum wage and still have some change.

If he wants more (probably deserves it) and can get it elsewhere wish him well. I would shop Harper around also he looks like english super league player if Bevan French can make it over there Harper would be a star.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

He may be a big name in the NRL, but that’s not going to be a factor as Kieran Foran and the Sea Eagles try to overcome the salary cap squeeze at Manly and the positioning of Josh Schuster as their next No.6.
According to player agents – who live and breath the dollars and cents available in the game – that I have spoken to, Manly are in an extremely difficult spot when it comes to next year’s cap. To put it bluntly, they are full. Even a cut-price Foran deal will be hard to squeeze in.

I spoke to Foran at length during the week and he expressed a strong desire to play on in the NRL and to win another title at Manly. But there is increasing pressure to play Schuster at five-eighth.
Schuster’s agent, Mario Tartak, wrote to Manly officials, reminding the club of promises that were made to Schuster in front of his agent, his mother and coach Des Hasler. The club told Schuster he would be playing in the No.6 and Foran would be returning to the club to play hooker. By continuing to ignore that promise, Schuster’s team says the Sea Eagles are jeopardising his future at the club.
The Sea Eagles have also signed Wests Tigers back-rower Kelma Tuilagi, making it even more logical for Schuster to play five-eighth.
The good news for Foran is that his form has been very good and his body has been holding up. He has a new agent in Chris Orr, who has strong contacts north of the border. The Gold Coast Titans could use Foran’s experience and direction, and he’s good friends with Dolphins recruiter Peter O’Sullivan.
The issue for Foran is he needs to be in Sydney to be a father to his two children, who he loves dearly. That would be a major consideration if he wanted to go to France to play with mate Mitchell Pearce.

I thought most of Forans current deal was covered by a third party agreement, maybe this won’t be extended and could be putting pressure on the cap.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If josh achieves only a portion of what Foz has achieved and contributed to manly in his career he will be remembered well

There is a long time to go and I hope he achieves it but he could do much worse than to sit in the pocket of Foz and learn as much he can for now

Foz is in his twilight and has a genuine desire to be a part of the club in the future

Aka snake
His presence at training and around on game day is in valuable and proven with turbo

Foz could be the same with Josh

Des is a very traditional and loyal clubman and will always call in connections

Josh is going no where

DCE will be around the club for some time too

Our future is bright

Eagle 1

First Grader

It makes you wonder what's going on with our cap, the 3 players mentioned would be about 1.2m in total, yet can only offer Foz 300k. Once Marty departs that's 850k to play with off the bat, with only Tuilagi our only major buy for 2023. And any leftovers will be rewarded upgrades.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Foz is going great at the moment and i hope he sees out his career at Manly.

But i won't begrudge him if he chases the dollars elsewhere. Gotta put family first and set them up.

I can see him with a post footy media career. He is well spoken and enunciates his words.
Would like Foz to stay connected to the club in an assistant coaching capacity after his playing days are done. This guy is so inspirational in so many ways, conducts himself well on and off the field, would be perfect in a half and 5/8 mentoring roll. These are the guys you don't wont to let go...

Eagle 1

First Grader
There seems to be very short memories here on silvertails.
Foz left for $$ before with zero care for Manly.
No big deal if he does the same again.
Know what you're saying XV-1, but that was a while ago now, people and circumstances have changed. The whole Foz and DCE thing back then was an ugly stain on the club, we've all moved on from that now.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
There seems to be very short memories here on silvertails.
Foz left for $$ before with zero care for Manly.
No big deal if he does the same again.
We all know what he did was bad, but I’m not so sure he was motivated by money. There was a toxic hatred for the club in the senior playing group that Foz was caught up in, and he also mistakenly thought BA was the messiah.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19